It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science is also the whore of babylon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Of course not but a culture of asskissing in the Scientific community for funding sucks a reply to: Kashai

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Science I an institution made up of individuals some of them are motivated to do the right thing, some are not. This situation is applicable to every other institutions in human history and so therefore a matter of human nature.

Our planet clearly has suffered though-out the time man has been on Earth (about 250,000 years), numerous mass extinctions. To be clear it seems apparent that without the humans that can survive under the worst of conditions. Including the capacity to be really opportunistic and again, a matter of human nature?

So say for example someone came along and found a way to completely wipe out the characteristics that make a person criminal, It is possible and very likely that all human life would become extinct upon this planet during the very next mass extinction.

Any thoughts?
edit on 29-3-2015 by Kashai because: Cotent edit

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just to be clear here.....

Such a capacity could very well be technologically possible over the next 1000 years. with Genetics.

Today Sociopaths are considered incurable as well as is all the individual's with Personality Disorders.

Any thoughts?
edit on 29-3-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Again copy this conversation at take it to a Psychiatrist.

Do not expect another response.

Not that I hold Psychiatry in high regard...but I'm sure he'll prescribe helpful medication for you or even a period of rest in an institution.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

They had to retract 43 of the 277 articles they published over fabricated information.

Sounds like the scientific method is working to me. Namely the Peer Review part of it.

Question, what happens when a biblical story is proven to be a hoax? Oh yeah, that's right the religious just double down on the lie and try to produce flimsy evidence that it is indeed true. I hope you can see the difference here.
edit on 1-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Book of Revelation

The author of the Book of Revelation identifies himself only as "John".[5] Traditionally, this was often believed to be the same person as John, son of Zebedee, one of the apostles of Jesus, to whom the Gospel of John was also attributed.[5] The early 2nd century writer, Justin Martyr, was the first to equate the author of Revelation with John the Apostle.[6] Other early Christian writers, however, such as Dionysius of Alexandria and Eusebius of Caesarea, noting the differences in language and theological outlook between this work and the Gospel,[7] discounted this possibility, and argued for the exclusion of the Book of Revelation from the canon as a result.[8] The assumption that the apostle John was also author of the Book of Revelation is now widely rejected in modern critical scholarship.[9] The early Christian writer Papias appeared in his writings to distinguish between John the Evangelist and John the Elder,[10] and many biblical scholars now contend that the latter was the author of Revelation.[11][12][13]

Source

You really have no idea as to what you are talking about.

edit on 1-4-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I think you are mistaking "humans are flawed individuals" for "an entire institution (in this case Science) is "a whore of babylon".

Sorry but no. Science is a very good way of observing the Universe. Humans are a very flawed species. Thus Humans will screw the system to get ahead. History is replete with examples of this.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Humans are meat-eaters an in context this is why we have Brains like ours.

I submit that any intelligent life equivalent, or more advanced that us originated from predators.

Further, I point out that Mass Extinctions factors into Evolution.

Any thoughts?

edit on 1-4-2015 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Humans as carnivores is NOT a long term survival trait, we need certain plant based nutrients (viz Vitamin C) as we can't synthesize our own and well Scurvy sucks I am told
Yes our ancestors got bigger brains by eating more protein, but that is evolution and not pertinent to day to day survival, so ifwe went to just animal protein, we'd be in trouble after a few months, BIG trouble.

We are omnivorous, and we were scavengers. Humans became apex predators (THE apex predator now) through technology, and that is late in our history. We could still be wiped out by disease, asteroids, and most likely ourselves.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join