It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terra-forming Planet Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Not so long ago, the planet Earth was a lush, beautiful, healthful place. Somehow, the plants and herbs growing in each area of the planet offered balanced nutrition, and could be used to treat diseases common to the area - animals and humans all knew which plants they needed, and which ones treated what ailments. Some mystics taught that an ancient race long ago developed a natural pharmacopeia, and seeded it.

Now though, the planet has been stripped bare and desolate - partly to pillage underground "treasure," but mostly to make way for what’s called monoculture. Monoculture is extremely profitable in the short term, but unfortunately, makes crops exceptionally vulnerable to destruction by disease and pests. So the same commercial interests that promoted the stripping-bare-for-monoculture-profits developed health-destroying chemicals to support their vision.

It’s not a very pretty vision. Or healthy. But the planet Earth is being terra-formed right now to make this sick, destructive vision a reality.

Make it stop.

Thanks to Lucidity: A desolate world without GMO crops: Inside Monsanto’s demented spin campaign

Also see: Pesticide Lobbyist Refuses To Drink Glyphosate After Claiming It’s Safe To Drink

edit on 27/3/15 by soficrow because: tnkr

edit on 27/3/15 by soficrow because: add end

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I agree that those in charge have ruined this planet and caused more diseases all in the name of 'profit'.

What to do about it? Is the question.

I wrote to 'Cameron' last year telling him that all these buildings need to stop, we need nature here to survive!

I don't know what he thought of that letter as I didn't ask for a reply.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Don't forget Patrick Moores other great contribution to humanity.

Why I am a Climate Change Skeptic

and

Green Peace Co-founder say we need more CO2, not less.

It seems he has a lot of fans on ATS.

BTW he lied about being a co-founder there is evidence of that in both threads.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Not to mention that large tracts of land were lost due to flooding when dams were built. In the US some native nations would gather medicinal herbs that only grew in certain places. The herbs are gone now and are under several feet of water. Who knows what medical benefit they might have had if they weren't drowned out?
There's a documentary you might be interested in. It's called King Corn. You might find it on youtube. On one part of it they talk about how farmers stopped planting certain crops and focused solely on corn, so you have large tracts of land with nothing but corn growing on them.
You might also be interested in reading about the Dust Bowl. A sever drought and bad farming methods (which did not prevent soil erosion) led to on hell of a nasty mess in the 1930's.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I have said it before,but the main problem with us crazy two legs is that we nowadays think we are better than nature.
We attempt to over regulate everything-monoculture farming being a very good example.

The only time other animals cause similar damage to environments is when they get drastically over populated and then go into full on "swarm" mode.

But what happens to swarms in nature?
They burn themselves out after having consumed so much resources that there is nothing left for them to survive on.
Then they die.

Sound familiar?

Sad state of affairs,with no real way out as our economic models all require growth to survive.
Growth=the relentless stripping of our planets resources until...yep you got it,until we can no longer sustain ourselves as we have munched through all the resources.

The worst thing about it is that we can see we are doing it,unlike rabbits or locusts.
How sad is that?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'll get roasted for saying this but some GMO's can help-Not every GMO engineer is a Monsanto Lackey and drought resistant crops and more versatile crops would help.

The real problem is deforestation. Forests rely on the decomposition of their foliage because it provides vital nutrients but when the trees are removed the foliage goes with it. Soil is highly underrated because without it there is nothing but dirt, and dirt is salty and non malleable so it's vital we keep the forests that we still have.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Uh huh. Patrick Moore is a total fraud. Greedy too.

top topics

join