It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US isolated as allies line up to join China-led bank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
China is starting a new bank known as the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank or the AIIB and it has a strong list of Asian and European applicants. Just another sign of power shifting from West to East.

South Korea, one of America's closest friends in Asia, announced Thursday it will join the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, or AIIB, which is intended to help finance construction of roads and other infrastructure. Beijing has pledged to put up most of the initial $50 billion in capital for the bank, which is expected to be set up by year's end.

The U.S. has expressed concern the new bank will allow looser lending standards for the environment, labor rights and financial transparency, undercutting the World Bank, where the U.S. has the most clout, and the Asian Development Bank, where it is the second-largest shareholder after Japan.

But since Britain broke with Washington two weeks ago and announced it was signing up for the AIIB, the floodgates have opened. France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland quickly followed. On Wednesday, Prime Minister Tony Abbott heavily hinted Australia would also join.

While Japan, which has tense relations with China, is still holding out, the Obama administration appears increasingly at odds with sentiment in the very region where it has striven to forge closer ties for the past five years. India and all 10 members of Southeast Asia's regional bloc are among the more than 30 governments that have so far sought to join the bank before a March 31 deadline.

China is everywhere with huge investment projects in Africa, South America, the Pacific, etc and this is just another sign of where the world is turning. My only question is what event will shift world power(s) entirely? I think it will be a great war.......What says ATS?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble stated, "We want to contribute our long-standing experience with international financial institutions to the creation of the new bank by setting high standards and helping the bank to get a high international reputation."[

The above is a statement taken from the wiki about the AIIB.

Given the absolute bollocky shambles of the global economy since what...the 80's? I don't find this statement ironic, I find it insulting.

On Topic: Perhaps the other countries such as the UK, Germany, France and Italy have decided that "You gotta be in it to win it", thereby at least hoping to maintain some relevance in the event that the project is successful.

Edited to add: I am not sure about a world shift in power, after all militarily the US is still by far the dominant power. It would be a strange world indeed where the major military power were not the major monetary or political power, wouldn't it?
edit on 27-3-2015 by Jonjonj because: added an idea

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Just another sign of power shifting from West to East.
a reply to: lostbook

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen. The Europeans thought they were going to displace us with "Eurovision."
That didn't work out so well. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

My only question is what event will shift world power(s) entirely? I think it will be a great war

I think war is necessary for this shift, but more importantly, BRICS will have to dismantle the present reserve currency.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Watch for new branches of this bank opening in Columbia, Mexico, Afghanistan...........

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

US will start a world war to try and blame it for money and debt reset

Only US will lose the war too ....and money

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Wait, what? The Eurovision Song Contest? Please elaborate..

If the Eurovision Song Contest had such ambitions, to displace the US and reign over the music industry, I didn't know. And it obviously hasn't succeeded. But the EU is a bigger economy. And going by PPP China is too.

I don't think there will be a "new American century". Maybe a real life Mad Max though.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I don't think there will be a "new American century"
a reply to: TheLaughingGod
Well, I guess you'll just have to hope. Good Luck.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I don't see any genteel way out for the US economy. With $18+ trillion up front debt and well over $95.7 trillion in unfunded liabilities the only way out, as I see it, are to drastically cut back on future spending on both social programs and the military or drastically debase the currency and intentionally cause a state of hyperinflation. Either way I think we are headed toward the Mad Max Road Warrior scenario. I think the Federal Government sees this coming as well. That is the reason for the upcoming military exercises covering 5 or 6 southern states during the upcoming 5 or 6 months. They see financial collapse, chaos and anarchy coming in the not too distant future.

The real danger I see is that the United States will not give up it's leadership position without a fight. And I mean a fight, "literally". I think our government has gone completely insane and will stop at nothing short of nuclear confrontation to maintain their control over every nation on this planet. Between the rampant political corruption and corporate control of government I think we are now experiencing the death rattle of the United States and they will take every nation with them. Face the truth, we are being governed by illogical "EVIL" forces.

In the mean time I think Russia and China realizes the financial situation we are in and will not do anything to provoke an escalation of the situation in Ukraine other than just maintain the status quot and wait for our financial meltdown to be fully implemented. In other words, they are just buying time until we destroy ourselves from within.

No government survives indefinitely and even ours will eventually fail. It's certain!

Live for today but plan for the future.

Edit: You never keep all of your eggs in one basket. All of these countries joining this new bank are just hedging their bets.
edit on 28-3-2015 by CharlesT because: nn

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

It would be a strange world indeed where the major military power were not the major monetary or political power, wouldn't it?

I suspect 1 word would cover that scenario....WAR !

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Didnt the last time something like this happened, with the threats to the petrodollar, didnt we just lower the price for oil and nearly break Russia's energy industries back? Made China go quiet...Where is the petrodollar now? Right where it was before....thats where.

I imagine they just pissed away half a trillion of their money. If it was this easy to overthrow the power structure of the US then it would have been done long ago....it turns out we dont really bluff...keep calling them, and paying up.

edit on 3 28 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The first reports about the AIIB, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, appeared in October of 2013 as invite applications were sent to global leaders. China supplied the money needed to get the bank started. In June of 2014, China proposed doubling the registered capital of the bank from 50 billion USD to 100 billion USD with 'donations' from other members.

On October.24.2014, a signing ceremony of a memorandum of understanding took place in Beijing to officially establish the AIIB with 21 countries openly recognizing their membership: China, India, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Myanmar, Mongolia, Nepal, Oman, Qatar, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.

We now know there were at least 27 signatories. The other six were Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Maldives, South Korea and New Zealand. China’s Ministry of Finance said 'any country that signs and ratifies the articles can still officially become a 'founding member' if accepted by the existing members. Japan is said to have also signed the Bill but hesitates to admit it bringing the number of signatories to 28 unless Russia and North Korea are among the signatories and founding members, as is likely, bringing the unofficial number of signatories to 30.

In January of 2015, President Wladimir Putin announced the existence of his free trade union made up of Russia, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Belaru called the Eurasian Union or E.U. On 28.March.2015, Russia announces signing to the AIIB, according to first deputy prime minister Igor Shuvalov at the Boao Forum of China as quoted by RIA Novosti Russian state news agency, 'I'd like to inform you that Russia President Wladimir Putin has decided that Russia will participate in the capital of the AIIB, Shuvalov said. 'We in Russia are sure that joint work developing the Eurasian Union partnership and the Silk Route economic belt will create further opportunities for the development of the countries of the Eurasian Union,' he said.

according to wikipedia.org...
Members
Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, Georgia, Holland, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Laos, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealnd, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, U.K. (England, Ireland, Scotland), Uzbekistan, Vietnam.

Applications Being Considered
Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Mexico, South Africa, Ukraine.

Considering Becoming An AIIB Applicant
All other countries and territories except the USA.

North Korea's application was the only one rejected but their banks are run by China. Official negotiations for the bank’s articles of agreement will follow and are expected to be completed by the end of 2015. So why do all join before any doctrine has been made?!

Interesting to note that the JRA, Japanese Red Army, now debunked, was a terrorist militant group founded by Fusako Shigenobu early in 1971 in Lebanon. After the Lod airport massacre, it sometimes called itself Arab-JRA or AJRA. The goals included overthrow of the government and monarchy of Japan and to start a world revolution. The JRA was the only terrorist group to publicly claim responsibility for the 9-11 attacks. The group was also known as the Holy War Brigade, the Anti-War Democratic Front, and the Anti-Imperialist International Brigade or AIIB.
edit on 29-3-2015 by nolimitsAyko because: tmi

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Jonjonj

It would be a strange world indeed where the major military power were not the major monetary or political power, wouldn't it?

I suspect 1 word would cover that scenario....WAR !

Oh i think this is all a prelude to something else entirely, it's three words...New World Order.
(One World Government if you prefer that instead)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

The Chinese economy and currency and banking systems are all lies......Ask yourself why they would build entire cities with no one living in them......I know why.

They have to grow at 10% and will cheat and lie to do it because if they don't the entire system crashes down around them. Is the US and west any better.......YES. At least in the west citizens still have ton of wealth but it is slowly being sucked dry over time using inflation.

The entire fiat banking system is a setup for failure.
edit on 29-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

i think they built those cities because they know other cities are going to be destroyed. maybe by rising sea levels, natural disasters or what not. they aren cities to be used as backups.

i dont think chinas bank will threaten the IMF, china may have a loud bark but they are very much a rotten dog at the bone.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Your reply doesn't make much sense, what makes you think that's what I'm hoping for?

And might you explain the Eurovision comment too? I'm feeling daft over here.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

To WHOM tovarisht?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

They'll release more new tech and trumph the banks with income from it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
To WHOM tovarisht?

You know the answer to that

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

I have already TOLD you we have the upper hand in all things conventional.
YOU don't get it.
WE won't let the RODINA achive Uktraine as an objective.
I also know when I am speaking to an AGENCY rather than an individual.
I 'm quite surprised my FILE wasn't examined more CAREFULLY.
edit on 3-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join