It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge reverses guilty verdict; Yells at prosecutor for cop lying; Judge gets punished

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Unbelievable. The judge was doing his sworn duty to uphold the integrity of the legal system, and gets punished for it. And people wonder why so many of us lose more and more faith in the justice system.

It doesn't even matter now if the woman was indeed drunk or not. The cop lied, blatantly lied, leading to the conviction of someone. If this had been a capital murder case, his lies could have led to an innocent person being executed. The whole case should have been thrown out and the cop busted. Anyone else who commits perjury gets fined and thrown in jail, shouldn't it apply to cops, too? Or are they special?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Anyafaj

GO JUDGE!

Its people like him that keep my faith alive and well that somewhere in government, there are good people doing their damndest to be true and faithful to the rest of us.

The cop should be fired, the prosecutor should be fired for seeing this and doing her part to make a bad system worse, and the judge should get free beer and BBQ invitations for the rest of his life.

This cop could have ruined this persons life. In 5 minutes, ruined another persons life and that of their family over his own BS he is too much of a douche to deal with outside of work.

Well put :-)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If we took the power to collect money out of the criminal "justice" system. We would find ourselves with a lot less "criminals".

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am a resident of Seminole County so I am trying to find a way to support this judge. We need more that will do that.

Good for you Grimpachi! Let me know how it works out!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

While I'm with the judge on this one, the jury probably convicted the defendant based on video of a field sobriety test or something similar. A BAC level is unnecessary to show and prove imparement.

It's certainly possible, but without knowing more, we have no way of knowing. I'm sure the arrest report with the false testimony helped.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Anytime a judge or other type of official takes any stand against the injustices perpetrated on the public by "the man" is swiftly silenced and moved from a position where he can do any real work at defeated said injustices.

Another fine example of how screwed the world has become. The worst part? All the power is in their hands. The military and police forces of the US are a literal gun to the head of the public to be used against us if ever there was a revolt.

The only hope is that some of the soldiers and policemen would think twice before opening up on civilians and enforcing the will of the masters. I'm sure they've figured a way around this, however. Such as sticking mostly white soldiers in black neighborhoods, vice-versa, and keeping the shooters away from their home areas so they won't recognize anyone and start to feel guilt.

We'll see. I know that's all a far shot from what the OP's article and post is about, but to me this is all one and the same. Fingers crossed for the judge.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

If anyone hasn't gone to a court they might not understand...

It's all MONEY.

I have dealt with judges and in my own case all was fair.

BUT.. While I was waiting for my case the judge was making up money denominations to the DA as the DA read cases for people who didn't show.. I watched their eyes.. I watched everything.. You guys should have heard this #.. The judge is just like "2 weeks" DA says this case and judge is like oh 500.. next case umm a week and 2,000.. Next case lets go with 700..

It's gangsters with a racket.. That's all it is. Tupac said "we learned this from the government. they are the biggest gang."
I didn't understand for the longest time what that meant. Got it now..

Bigger gangs don't let smaller gangs grow in power to challenge them. At the very least we know their names, and their PERSONS... If I meet you in real life good luck with my sympathy. I don't have sympathy for gangs.

And Thank You Judge.. For judging the correct outcome. Lying in court should carry a sentence for anyone in the courts like cops or DAs or Judges as being you don't come here anymore.. YOU LIED... If you are a liar you can have NO AUTHORITY..

Cancel him as a cop.. NOW. no freebies when a man or woman's life is on the line.. This is REAL and it's real important. No freebies.

I'm lenient on mistakes.. Not on lying on purpose in court.
If during the court someone has a change of heart and admits a lie in court, they should be investigated for past arrests but given a chance to keep their job.. Otherwise...

Stop destroying lives.
edit on 27-3-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
shouldn't it apply to cops, too? Or are they special?

Where have you been?

THEY ARE SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Judge is a hero.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi This must be taken to the political level and those in political office held accountable. A good opposition party should be able to have a field day with this.This needs to be screemed from the rooftops at the next election to let the voters of the county to know about this. How many other cases might the prosecuter and police might have rigged and how many innocents might have beened fined and or gaoled for crimes that they did not commit. The judge was just doing his job-no evidence no conviction. A false conviction particularly in serious cases can lead to more crimes being commited such as a case in my country where a innocent bloke was convicted of a rape he did not commit. The actual purpitrator of that crime went on to rape and murder two more women before being caught. Had the police and prosecutors done thier job then those two women may still be alive.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Denny Crane

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

More corruption by the police and our system still protects them. The judge was doing the right thing, yet he gets disciplined for it. Police have a lot of responsibility on their shoulders to follow the letter of the law. When they let cases like this fall through the cracks, it creates an atmosphere among the police they won't be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

YES!! I second anyafaj's request.

Please keep us informed.

This judge should be commended.

I wanna see this this judge across the table from Anderson Cooper on CNN

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Who are the "officials" who decided that this Judge would now be presiding over civil matters ? Does being a Judge in traffic courts require the Judge to never question the cops ? The implication here is that there is no "real" justice in traffic courts....Pay up Sucker, you had your day in court !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join