It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Army is Prepping for Modern-Day Martial Law - July 15 - Sept. 15

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
There's no need for the US Army to prepare for Martial Law.

The American POLICE forces are going to do this nicely for them. The US Police is now better equipped than the US Army with military weaponry for civilian crowd control, thanks to Pentagon surplus weaponry program.

Um....no. The military is getting rid of surplus gear.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

For what it's worth, my area of Texas (where I live!) is cited as one of the areas to enjoy the visitors. I find it to be a real puzzle. I'm four miles from the Texas National Guard Camp Swift. They have a bunch of heavy equipment. I hear .50s and 20mms frequently. Some of that equipment is also heavy bulldozers and trucks of the dirt-dumping type.

An hour and a half away by car is Ft. Hood, the largest US army base in the world. They have everything there in spades. Two miles from me is a Federal Prison (given a sustained loss of power, I wonder how the prisoners will be handled). At the edge of Bastrop is the remains of Bastrop State Park which had the disastrous forest fire almost four years ago. he park is a virtual wasteland over 96% of its surface.

Bastrop itself, is perched on the Colorado River--not THAT Colorado River. We are 30 miles east of Austin and three hours west of Houston. The town has a population of about 7000 and has nothing that needs to be protected or assaulted. Troops/spies/infiltrators will stick out like sore thumbs if they attempt to walk the couple of major streets in town. Young guys with military haircuts will be looked at curiously. This town is fairly stocked with viable stores, so there are few places the assault troops could practice on vacant storefronts.

I think they choose our area because of being able to use the burnt out park as a staging area, being close to both Camp Swift that has accommodations for weekend troopers and wi th Ft. Hood, nearby, they easily truck in troops and heavy equipment. It should be interesting.
I should get a scanner, I guess, and search online for military frequencies so I can listen to the fun and games.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
bumping this to keep it up and fresh

anyone else got reports from boots on the ground ??

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
Troops/spies/infiltrators will stick out like sore thumbs if they attempt to walk the couple of major streets in town. Young guys with military haircuts will be looked at curiously. This town is fairly stocked with viable stores, so there are few places the assault troops could practice on vacant storefronts.

It being an "amongst the locals" exercise with SOCOM, I'm assuming it'll be a non-spec gig, at least in part. So you might see some guys with military haircuts. But you'll also see guys with beards and whatever hair length, from buzzcuts to hippy.

I would not expect you will ever know they're there, personally.

Which reminds me, I need to cut this tangle back. I'm about 2/3 duck dynasty atm. Left it for the last four months.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
There's no need for the US Army to prepare for Martial Law.

The American POLICE forces are going to do this nicely for them. The US Police is now better equipped than the US Army with military weaponry for civilian crowd control, thanks to Pentagon surplus weaponry program.

The stuff the cops are getting are nice against 9mm and knives, but you could lay waste to it with military weaponry. MRAPs aren't M1s.

Heck, I've got some stuff at the house that would stop the vehicles the police are getting. You don't see a lot of gangbangers with 50BMG in APIT though.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have waded through the discussion and will now offer my thoughts. First I don't claim to be some super duper former spy or special forces member. I served on active duty in the Army for 6 years. I had to obtain a basic security clearance for the last unit I was in before separating. It was with this unit that I had some interaction with some of the special forces groups and the hush hush nature of SOCOM culture. I participated in training exercises at Fort Irwin California, Fort Carson Colorado, and Oceana Naval Air Station in Virginia Beach Virginia.
From what I read and from what is currently known, the gun is being jumped in declaring this activity as some move towards martial law. I don't believe that at all. It's something different due to the involvement of special forces.
Spec Ops train and fight differently than the "big Army". They operate without the fanfare and media coverage that the conventional big Army operations do. This is both good and bad. Food because they can do their thing in secrecy but also bad for that very same reason. This makes the imagination of conspiracists go wild with a multitude of theories. But it can also allow the government to covertly conduct preparations which may not be for the best.

In my honest opinion, I believe all these exercises are preparation for dealing with ISIS both domestically and abroad. We spread learned a painful lesson from our pompous arrogance and false sense of invincibility with 9/11. We learned where there is a will there is a way when it comes to enemies of the west wanting to cause carnage and mayhem against American people. We need not have to learn the hard way once again.
I have been saying for the longest time that the best counter to extremist fundamentalist terror group guerrilla tactics is some of our own: in the form of the modern day ninjas that are US Special Operations. Let them go in and out undetected and unannounced, and let the only talk about it be the aftermath of what they did and the terror they doled out to the groups who seek to terrorize others

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chibistevie
I have waded through the discussion and will now offer my thoughts. First I don't claim to be some super duper former spy or special forces member. I served on active duty in the Army for 6 years. I had to obtain a basic security clearance for the last unit I was in before separating. It was with this unit that I had some interaction with some of the special forces groups and the hush hush nature of SOCOM culture. I participated in training exercises at Fort Irwin California, Fort Carson Colorado, and Oceana Naval Air Station in Virginia Beach Virginia.
From what I read and from what is currently known, the gun is being jumped in declaring this activity as some move towards martial law. I don't believe that at all. It's something different due to the involvement of special forces.
Spec Ops train and fight differently than the "big Army". They operate without the fanfare and media coverage that the conventional big Army operations do. This is both good and bad. Food because they can do their thing in secrecy but also bad for that very same reason. This makes the imagination of conspiracists go wild with a multitude of theories. But it can also allow the government to covertly conduct preparations which may not be for the best.

In my honest opinion, I believe all these exercises are preparation for dealing with ISIS both domestically and abroad. We spread learned a painful lesson from our pompous arrogance and false sense of invincibility with 9/11. We learned where there is a will there is a way when it comes to enemies of the west wanting to cause carnage and mayhem against American people. We need not have to learn the hard way once again.
I have been saying for the longest time that the best counter to extremist fundamentalist terror group guerrilla tactics is some of our own: in the form of the modern day ninjas that are US Special Operations. Let them go in and out undetected and unannounced, and let the only talk about it be the aftermath of what they did and the terror they doled out to the groups who seek to terrorize others

Hmmm...great thought. I could see this prepping for domestic terrorism....nice!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chibistevie

Thank you!Solid rational thought on this.The online hysteria on other sites is nearly intolerable and it hasn't even geared up yet.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

When you changed Stevie's phrasing around to "domestic terrorism," were you referring to the FBI definition of domestic terrorism, or the media's definition of it?

Just curious

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I agree... These days domestic terrorism has been very actual. If it is for domestic terrorism then there are going to be a lot of movement in near future in this department.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I see lots of talk about Domestic Terrorism ect so I just want to remind people this is a SERE exercise. Survival, Evasion, Resitance, Escape. The goal of these forces is to get from point A to point B without being caught or detected. This would the case if the were trapped in enemy country or territory. They are not going to doing surveillance or anything else beyond getting as quickly and as covertly to their exit point. This requires them to not only know how to move through different terrains but, through inhabited areas as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

When you changed Stevie's phrasing around to "domestic terrorism," were you referring to the FBI definition of domestic terrorism, or the media's definition of it?

Just curious

Good question.
Under the Homeland Security definition, you are under suspicion if you have food in your pantry.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
I see lots of talk about Domestic Terrorism ect so I just want to remind people this is a SERE exercise. Survival, Evasion, Resitance, Escape. The goal of these forces is to get from point A to point B without being caught or detected. This would the case if the were trapped in enemy country or territory. They are not going to doing surveillance or anything else beyond getting as quickly and as covertly to their exit point. This requires them to not only know how to move through different terrains but, through inhabited areas as well.

I'm well aware of what SERE exercises are. I knew some people who completed the training while I was in. Such a massive SERE exercise can serve Spec Ops and their supporting units quite well when it comes to covert anti terrorism operations both overseas and domestically. To have training of such unprecedented scale looks to be getting everyone up to date for something big to come.
Now with Al Qaeda reminding us that ISIS is not the only belle at the ball with that brutal attack on a school in Kenya(shows hoe ruthless these bastards are), a big push back is in order to take the play away from these groups. And yes domestic attacks are more a reality than ever before with the recent foiling of a few planned attacks on American soil.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So apparently Colorado has now backed out of JH15 according to news reports from early April.

DENVER - Colorado will not be involved in the upcoming Jade Helm 15 military exercise planned in six other states.

Mark Lastoria, Director of Public Affairs, US Army Special Operations Command, told 7NEWS Tuesday that the military unit that was going to participate is no longer available, therefore no troops will be operating in Colorado.

Source

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think this has to do with the ISIS issue.
If so not a bad thing I feel.
I do not think this is a take over of any kind...really?

You know how many folks in that area have guns.....

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
just a few points so far:

"Also we have 10s of thousands of acres set aside for military training.. What is to be gained doing this on public land?"by Irishhaf

"My other thought on this is perhaps there is some intelligence to suggest something coming from the south of the US. There have been a lot of happenings with Petrocaribe, Cuba, Nicaragua, Mexico, Venezuela, and a few others. Russia and NK have taken a serious interest in Cuba, and the Russian FM was just visiting Nicaragua, Guatemala and Venezuela....all having major issues with the US at the moment". Vasa Croe

There were so many other good points made I failed to keep copying them each down but here's my .02cents

Has anyone else noticed mexico borrowing more and more from us than ever before? Have you noticed this year they have taken down more cartel than they have since the early 80's?
Has anyone noticed the crackdown on biker clubs as well as any other american ideal clubs in the south and southwest? # days ago they arrested over 170 people for going to a helmet safety and bike law update meeting because two guys got in a fight over one running over the other's foot. It ended in 9 dead with the police killing 5 of those.

Today I noticed that yahoo news links failed for 5 hours on two very specific links. If i went to yahoo, then world news, then middle east- it wouldn't load. I clicked on world news and it loaded fine, I clicked on asia news and nothing and clicked on africa and yes it was there, back to middle east news links and nope, back to asia news links nope nothing. even when my hubby came home I showed him we tried several different news sites and only came up with three outdated links to those areas and then around 10 pm they all came back up.
We even tried googling during those couple hours and a neighbor helped too thinking it may have been our computer or our internet connection even the english version of aljazeera was offline to us but nothing outside of asia and middle east- all on the day PUTIN steps down?

Did i mention we are in the heart of a jade helm area and have seen activity in recent weeks?

Whether it is about russia being mad that we gave money and forces to ukraine, or if it is about isis, or if it really is about civil war...what is your take on our experience?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I also find it odd that the chief deputy referenced these infiltration groups as "cells"....isn't that what government usually references terrorist groups as?

Embedding sleeper cells for when the red flag happens. Resistance will be easier to control?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

So the US fears a proxy war on its doorstep?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

this could be a large scale Intel operation on how local populations react to military occupation

It would make sense if US is in line for a default - bank runs (remember the Cypress Depositors 50% haircut). Root out opposition, or "self sufficiency types" out in remote areas. Get the intel and when the real SHTF the 5-10% who dont tow the line are known and neutralized. I hope nothing comes of this, but as you state the scale of Jade Helm is unprecedented.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
SO how do these deloyments coincide with anthrax shipments anyway?
If you believe in coincedences YOU are what the thinking community calls RUBES.
things get LOST or theres an accident and THERE we go, an innocent deployment of martial law WHERE ever they want to do so.
Take the show on the road by saying it's TERRORISTS that did it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join