It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Army is Prepping for Modern-Day Martial Law - July 15 - Sept. 15

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thanks for the thread.

I have been following this and will continue to do so through out the summer.

There is a LOT of information pointing to something happening in the late summer or fall. September seems to be the focus.

Could be a year for the history books. The dominoes are surely lined up waiting for a tip.

I will be enjoying my family and friends and cultivating my relationship with my Creator, if 'it' happens it happens.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

To tell you the truth what does Russia have to lose if they gave up said tech? It's a matter of time and they (North Korea) will be able to reach us given the tech or create on their own yet I also do believe won't make it without being intercepted.
And the taxes and such I sort of agree due to they spend that same money no matter where they are stationed or located. But Motels. We used tents

Just for the record I do honestly believe it to be what it is. Military practice in the terrain that best suits the troubled areas we have been in.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
No clue. Doubt that would happen, but the facts are there that this is the largest operation of its kind ever done and happens to be in every state along our border. That is quite the military operation and should raise some eyebrows. It would raise more if it were done in secret, but hey, while my conspiracy hat is on, why wouldn't they announce it?

All those states along the border also have similar terrain to what is seen current theaters of operation though also.

Could this be some nefarious plot sure but I think you have a much greater chance of this being exactly what it is which is training in a real world evt for real world scenarios.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Connman

Last bit there.. Blending in to American cities will help them where around the world?

For nearly 20 years I've heard train the way you fight... So who are they training for?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Last bit there.. Blending in to American cities will help them where around the world?
For nearly 20 years I've heard train the way you fight... So who are they training for?

Yes..Blending into a large and active population center makes it easy to blend into ..a large and active population center.
Not all combat is accomplished in the middle of a desert.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Most of the troops will stay in tents, but there will be some staying in town for various reasons. Staying at their home station they tend to not spend as much money.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Martial law? Doubtful. I would guess that they are preparing for the much greater possibility of some military issues on the west coast, either from massive refugee problems in central and south America or legit issues with Russia and co.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Most of the troops will stay in tents, but there will be some staying in town for various reasons. Staying at their home station they tend to not spend as much money.

They aren't all troops though. This is being held in concert with FBI and DEA according to the planner of the operation himself, Thomas Mead:

“We have Army Green Berets, Navy Seals, Marine Special Operations Command, the 82nd Airborne Division and we also have some of our interagency partners such as the DEA, FBI and the joint personnel recovery agency that will be working with us.”

Source

Odd mix of folks I think. I am sure this mix has happened before, but lumping DEA and FBI in with elite special forces groups seems strange.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Odd mix of folks I think. I am sure this mix has happened before, but lumping DEA and FBI in with elite special forces groups seems strange.

I know the FBI has an equivalent to a SpecOps team, I wonder if the DEA does also.
That might explain it more.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Big American cities are way different in my experience, than over seas cities... And blending in with Americans will help no where.

Living in germany right now (born and raised American) I can spot Americans easily even when we dress like locals we stick out because of body language if nothing else.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is what happens when troops come to train in your town:

Navy Seals Don't like to have their training disturbed - in YOUR town.

OBEY.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: here4this
Just watched something on this on the news. They were saying the actual operations would test the capability of the military to "blend in" with the normal population of these states...hmmm . This SHOULD raise a "red flag" with everyone.

Considering that the next conflict we might be involved in is with a major foreign power, it's important for our special forces to be able to blend in locally in foreign cities and towns. I don't see a red flag when the training is placed in context with current events. I mean, if they can't blend in an American town, they surely won't blend in someplace abroad.
edit on 3/27/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Living in germany right now (born and raised American) I can spot Americans easily even when we dress like locals we stick out because of body language if nothing else.

And that is why these forces are training , so they can't be spotted anywhere.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I think we are having a disconnect...

How is blending into a south Texas city going to help... In Iraq... Or Iran?

Fwiw I don't think they are going to declare martial law this summer.

But my experience in the military tells me the official story doesn't hold water.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Looks like it's 10 states now?

As the video shares...

It's planned to go to Sept 11th and Sept 15th In Florida.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Looks like it's 10 states now?

As the video shares...

It's planned to go to Sept 11th and Sept 15th In Florida.

I had seen that it may be covering 3 more states, but have found no direct quotes from Mead or any other officer involved in the planning that this is the case.

If it does include 3 more, and in particular, Mississippi, Louisiana and Florida, I find it really interesting that it would then be every lower state in the continental US.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm wondering why the government has been prepping this "for decades?" That's another commentor's words, not mine.

Seems to me there's been any number of times in the last several decades when they could have pushed martial law into effect with any number of "plausible" reasons for it.

Civil rights campaign and the associated riots.

Vietnam war.

Red scare (events around the Cuban missile crisis)

So on and so forth.

Yet all we hear about is "prepping" for it. Over and over and over again. Despite the fact (yes, fact) that the military has been conducting training in urban and populated areas for who knows how long.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

because an immediate or sudden declaration and suspension of civil rights would have led to an immediate civil war.

Also, when I joined the military we were taught just following orders leads to a noose(ala Nuremberg) , if you know it's wrong and do it because the captain said so you had no defense.

Kids I've talked to in the last few years say that's not being taught, also early loac training talked about your right to disobey an illegal order, it doesn't have that anymore.

You have to chip away at the independent nature before you can make an overt move... In my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Well from what I read it stated they will be in unpopulated areas. So city where? Sounds like they will be seen traveling there of course and sure we will see mass convoys being shown here and on youtube of this movement while being claimed something big is going down.

Although in real war it is enemy hiding among civilians and that is the type training they really do need..

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Actually the economy will be hit where they do leave from just placed in places not normally getting it. The troops won't be ordering Pizza unless things have changed we ate Government package supplied meals.
So actually I still fail to see how this helps the economy. Cost of a meal is still cost of the meal rather it be eaten in Florida or Alaska.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join