It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule

originally posted by: Annee

Power of Positive Thought.

In some cases, yes. In other cases no. So the power transcends positive/negative, sheep/goat.

Ever heard of the sheep-goat effect? Basically, the atheist pattern of thought puts them overwhelmingly in the goat category. Goats unconsciously use their own psychic ability to keep themselves unaware of their own psychic ability. Whereas sheep use their psychic ability to become aware of it. The former stagnate spiritually. The latter grow.

Will someone who cares overthink in a controlled situation? Yep.

Will someone who doesn't care cruise through? Yep. Hardly a revolution. You seem to read a lot.

ESP is not Power of Positive Thought.

I live my life by "every thought is an action".

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I rely heavily each day on my intuition and empathy, which are two less fabulous descriptions of what many call 'psychic' powers.

Are you ever amazed at how the wildest heretics inevitably become the eventual enforcers for orthodoxy?

I am.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
Suppose you find yourself interacting with a god. Except, it doesn't quite match up with what you think a god should be. So you call it god-like.

Who knows where you got your ideas about what a god 'should be' from. A dysfunctional local religion? The movies? Comic-books? Tabloids?

That cuts both ways. Suppose you interact with something that says it is a god, so you call it god...

I am. I'm the one who has been studying comparative mysticism, comparative mythology, and comparative religion for many years.

Not for me.

Along comes a contactee who doesn't know that, and thinks something very different is going on. Hence, he thinks the aliens are very different from what he thinks gods are. But both terms refer to the same thing in different symbolic form.

Great theory and I might even be inclined to give it credit but that still doesn't equal "god".

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

this has just become downright comical. I wonder how many people consider themselves "spiritual atheists"? LMAO

Maybe it would be more appropriate to call yourselves anti-christians?

just because a person doesn't believe in something doesn't make them anti-something.....I don't believe in santa claus, but I'm NOT anti-santa claus, I don't believe in the easter bunny, but I'm NOT anti-easter bunny.....talk about being comical

Give me a break. Wtf is a "spiritual atheist"?

the narrative here is bordering on comedy.

You are very closed minded, aren't you? Your way or the highway.

Center for a Spiritual Atheism: www.centerforabetterworld.com...

A site I found after my conclusion I'm a Spiritual Atheist (by my own definition). Actually, it surprised me there was such a site.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
We are the only gods that exist. Why? Because the B-I-B-L-E told me so ... LOL

Random Chance, give me strength.

I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psalms 82:6

“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”?

John 10:33-34

edit on 11Sat, 28 Mar 2015 11:50:58 -050015p112015366 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I rely heavily each day on my intuition and empathy, which are two less fabulous descriptions of what many call 'psychic' powers.

Are you ever amazed at how the wildest heretics inevitably become the eventual enforcers for orthodoxy?

I am.

The longer I live, the more I'm convinced people are "born who they are", then we spend the rest of our lives traversing through the nonsense we're taught ---- to get back to who we really are.

Why should we have to "Find Ourselves"? Why not allow kids their true personalities from birth, with only minor guidelines to help them fit into society.

I worked for a metaphysical/self help publisher. I can tell you those authors got into it out of their own need. Kind of like they say a psychiatrist became one because they needed one.

OK, that's a bit of a rant, but it doesn't surprise me that people reverse their roles in life. That they end up being their true self and not what they were expected to be or the rebel who was fighting through the garbage.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: maxzen2004

Belief in nothing? Most of the atheists I know are humanists, which is a far more ethical / moral framework than any major religion.

Yeah, when I finally stepped out of that "God circle" and acknowledged I am atheist ----- Life became so much more important.

It was like a bright light turned on ------ LIFE became everything.

I was not living for someone else anymore. Which really wasn't living.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I believe that Universe is a self creating, and possibly a self aware consciousness, and that we are all a part of the whole and that all separation is an intellectual problem and an illusion.

PERFECTLY stated.

Thank You

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Exactly what I was trying to relate earlier.

One of the saddest things I know about the world, is that most folks have only read page 1 or 2 of their own Book.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I believe that Universe is a self creating, and possibly a self aware consciousness, and that we are all a part of the whole and that all separation is an intellectual problem and an illusion.

I like this explanation, too! (Weird that I had a dream last night that Annee got banned
Didn't realize until I just saw her avy here that it was just that - a dream. Sorry Annee! I'd really really miss your input.)

Back on the subject - I liken the universe and our part in it to our own bodies. Only a minority of our own cells (in our body) are human - the rest are microbes, minerals, elements, chemicals, etc.

We did not create our own bodies - they work on their own. This is how I see our relationship to the "supreme being" that is ourselves - the one who looks out from the inside, using our eyes, or processes the world via other senses (hears, or touches, or tastes, or smells, or reacts) is reliant on all the little cells busy being "me". I'm aware of what my body in general is doing (moving, sleeping, talking, whatever), but without all those little guys, I couldn't be. They just do their thing. I don't "notice" them.

Maybe lame - but that's an analogy that works for me.
I think we on the planet are part of the planet's microbiology, and the planet itself is a living thing that is part of a greater living thing which is the universe as we know it, which in turn is part of an ever-more complex system of universes and states of existence. And that's as far as my feeble brain will let me go....
edit on 3/28/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Also, I've come to think of humanity as a horrible infection on the skin of the living planet.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: windword

I like this explanation, too! (Weird that I had a dream last night that Annee got banned
Didn't realize until I just saw her avy here that it was just that - a dream. Sorry Annee! I'd really really miss your input.)

I think that's funny. I've only been really admonished once, and haven't had my hand slapped in a while. Usually for thread drift. So I'm gonna stop right now.

---------------------

I think we are eternal in an energy consciousness.

All ripples in the same pond. Creating and Re-creating via energy. Not a god.

edit on 28-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

So you didn't do it, did you.
End of chat. You are dismissed; now dry up and blow away.

edit on 3/28/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

SNACKS?!?! What airline are you flying that you get snacks? I wish I got snacks...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

We did not create our own bodies - they work on their own. This is how I see our relationship to the "supreme being" that is ourselves - the one who looks out from the inside, using our eyes, or processes the world via other senses (hears, or touches, or tastes, or smells, or reacts) is reliant on all the little cells busy being "me". I'm aware of what my body in general is doing (moving, sleeping, talking, whatever), but without all those little guys, I couldn't be. They just do their thing. I don't "notice" them.

Maybe lame - but that's an analogy that works for me.
I think we on the planet are part of the planet's microbiology, and the planet itself is a living thing that is part of a greater living thing which is the universe as we know it, which in turn is part of an ever-more complex system of universes and states of existence. And that's as far as my feeble brain will let me go....

Yep. I really DON'T need to know what's going on inside my intestines to pursue happiness and enlightenment in life, what comes out is all I need to know, and even that's "too much information". LOL

But, my daughter did her Phd dissertation on the intestinal cellular digestion and reconstitution of the cellular lining of the intestines, as it relates to cancer!

Indeed, each of us are the eyes of one consciousness, looking out but reflecting inward!

edit on 28-3-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: iterationzero
a reply to: Grimpachi

SNACKS?!?! What airline are you flying that you get snacks? I wish I got snacks...

Jet Blue and Southwest.

What airline are you flying so I can steer clear?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I agree but the problem with the atheist belief is that they still believe in something, It's an argument they don't like because they claim it doesn't make sense but it's a true fact that they truly and 100 percent believe that there is nothing but this life nothing afterwards nothing zip. That in itself is a belief.

I myself was an Agnostic for a long time, I used to believe in God out of the bible etc. but then my nephew died in a car crash a few weeks before he was actually due (being born) and the judge said because he didn't take a breath on his own and outside his mother's womb then he was not recognized as a person. Which then led me to question 1 - the law in England, and my attempt to change it and 2 - Why any God would let the actions of some idiot drunk on his arse crash into and kill my nephew.

But now I've made up my own mind. I believe in creation but maybe a little different from most people. See I personally believe that the Universe is alive. It is sentient and it knows we are here, it knows what is going on and that it just doesn't care. It is just there watching us and when we die and our souls go off into space we once again become part of the Universe and thus live forever.

(Bit complicated, maybe. But it's a short version of What I believe. Hey maybe I'll write a rant or something and give my run down of the universe and how it was created etc.)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85
I agree but the problem with the atheist belief is that they still believe in something, It's an argument they don't like because they claim it doesn't make sense but it's a true fact that they truly and 100 percent believe that there is nothing but this life nothing afterwards nothing zip. That in itself is a belief.

You have not followed the thread have you? The problem with your argument is that not all atheists believe that.

edit on 28-3-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danny85

This gets so tiring.

Atheist means one thing. Lack of Belief in a God.

It does not mean they turn their brains off. It does not mean they don't have other opinions and philosophies.

Also, any legitimate atheist is also agnostic. The real meaning of Agnostic is "God can not be proven or disproven. A legitimate atheist would accept undisputed proof of God if it ever happened.

The reason I use "legitimate" atheist is --- because some who've had a falling out with their church or other event will claim atheist in anger or revenge. That isn't how it works.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I just want to point out many, probably most atheists became atheists through religion not in spite of it. At least in this generation.

Wanting to find and researching for truth of Jesus and Christianity is what led me to be atheist. The facts and reality are just not there to support the myths.

I've actually learned a lot from my "without blinders" research over the years. I do believe there was a real man the myths are built around.

But, just like Johnny Appleseed (real name John Chapman), truth/fact becomes secondary to exaggerated myth.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join