It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Maybe he just loves the smell of the passion that comes from both sides.

Ah but that would be the demiurge of the OT who feeds off the death/passion/reaction of the warring masses.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You don't appreciate irony?

ahhh....yes

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Meanwhile, back in the educated world, I found this link to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
From the United Nations Human Rights Office for the High Commissioner of Human Rights. 1989.

Parties shall ensure that a child shall not be separated from his or her parents against their will, except when competent authorities subject to judicial review determine, in accordance with applicable law and procedures, that such separation is necessary for the best interests of the child. Such determination may be necessary in a particular case such as one involving abuse or neglect of the child by the parents

On this link there's a map of the world showing the two countries who have not signed up. The US, and Somalia. As of last August.

I DARE YOU, inforlurker, to look at these links, and then come back and tell me how dangerous educated people are.
How fine and dandy kids who have no education and are neglected medically are.

Can you do that?
No.
You can't, not credibly. But go ahead and try.
Find me ONE THING in either of those links that confirms your nonsense.

Oh Jeeze,

I DARE YOU infolurker.... I DARE YOU.... LOL, funny

I sincerely hope we boot the UN out of New York along with their Lucis Trust and Share International Organizations

Oh, By the Way...... All these nations signed your "Educated World- Treaty for the Children".. How is that working out?

What the hell is the UN doing for the children in Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, Nigeria, etc? C'mon... you know the answer... Nothing!

How about North Korea... did they sign the toilet paper treaty? What is the treaty doing for them? What is the UN doing to go after the violators? Nothing. If we sign the treaty, what changes in the rest of the world?

The UN is a freeking joke, their treaties are toilet paper. Their only interest is to extort more money from the US and talk rainbows and unicorns and do NOTHING other than lecture the US and tell us about OUR human rights violations. Any treaty is based on them gaining power here. They could care less about anything except money and power and they get that from the U.S.

Sign a treaty, they will go out of their way to use that leverage against us. Nobody else but the US, oh yeah. Cha-ching!

For the children!

For the children!

Please.

And for the trees!

Look at the nations on the UN Human Rights Council Next year... LOL.

Algeria
China
Cuba
France
Maldives
Mexico
Morocco
Namibia
Russian Federation
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Viet Nam

Signing a treaty resolves nothing other than relinquishing pieces of our sovereignty to foreign entities which do not have our best interests in mind.

May Erode U.S. Rights By Joseph Abrams Published February 25, 2009

Because of the Supremacy Clause in Article VI of the Constitution, all treaties are rendered "the supreme law of the land," superseding preexisting state and federal statutes. Any rights or laws established by the U.N. convention could then be argued to hold sway in the United States.

"To the extent that an outside body, a group of unaccountable so-called experts in Switzerland have a say over how children in America should be raised, educated and disciplined -- that is an erosion of American sovereignty," said Steven Groves, a fellow at the Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank.

Parental rights groups are similarly stirred; they see in the U.N. convention a threat that the government will meddle with even the simplest freedoms to raise their children as they see fit.

"Whether you ground your kids for smoking marijuana, whether you take them to church, whether you let them go to junior prom, all of those things . . . will be the government's decision," said Michael Farris, president of ParentalRights.org. "It will affect every parent who's told their children to do the dishes."

Most majority Muslim nations express reservations on all provisions of the convention that are incompatible with Islamic Sharia law, which takes much of the teeth out of the treaty.

Acid attacks on girls continue in Afghanistan, which is already party to the convention.

The U.N. itself admits that there is no way for it to enforce its own laws and protect children.

"When it comes to signatories who violate the convention and/or its optional protocols -- there is no means to oblige states to fulfill their legal obligations," said Giorgia Passarelli, a spokeswoman for the U.N. High Commission on Human Rights, which oversees the child-rights body.

Passarelli said that the committee has kept a constant spotlight on rights violators and fed into decisions made by the Security Council, especially involving child soldiers. But even then, she added, such pressure does not always prevail.

edit on 28-3-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI
Without religion, they would have no label...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: jackjoedoe
a reply to: JDmOKI
Without religion, they would have no label...

Theist
A-theist

They're just nouns. That's how language works.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
Just want to throw this out there...

I know only one Church-going Christian, and he admits that he only goes because he wants to try and make up for whatever he does. He can sin all week long, and as long as he gets to Church on a Sunday he feels all better about it.

That just shows the level of Cynicism so many "Christians" have.

I wonder how many of those who call themselves Christian here actually do any good for their community. I'll bet not one here claiming to be Christian has ever volunteered for anything that didn't benefit them.

I will bet you not one Christian would tell you about the good works they may have done either.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Damn those atheists extremist! :p

Being agnostic myself, I would find it hard to push my "belief" on others.
What more to say then ;

There is no proof of God yet the lack of proof isn't proof in itself...

I dissagree strongly with you last sentence
"There is no proof of God yet the lack of proof isn't proof in itself..."

“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens

And the whole label atheists is just crazy, we dont have a labels for people who dont belive in the Easter bunny or santa so why lable people who dont belive in made up gods?

edit on 28-3-2015 by CaptiNimble because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There's no such thing as agnostic, just people who believe and people who dont. Please stop using the term. Also the reason some non believers shout on street corners Is because they see and understand the harm a 2-3000 year old text can have on modern society. Dont be a hypocrite.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

this has just become downright comical. I wonder how many people consider themselves "spiritual atheists"? LMAO

Maybe it would be more appropriate to call yourselves anti-christians?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: DeadSeraph

God in the purest sense of the word, can't be falsified, because it doesn't exist in the physical world. It can't be touched or seen with physical hands or eyes.

So you created an each way bet you couldnt lose, you created the Trinity and the god child jesus. And true to his jehovah/baal form he introduced cannibalism oops...the Eucharist.

I'm not sure what is worse, the fact you think I created this notion, or the fact other people agree with you?

I think many of you are stuck on your notions of Christianity, and how much you hate it. I'm not even sure half the atheists I have met here are legitimately atheists. Most of them just seem to hate Christianity.

You can google Deism. It's pretty easy. It's not even a distantly removed concept from some of the things discussed by Plato and other great philosphers.

It's always entertaining to me when "atheists" attempt to attack the notion of God because they really aren't atheists in the truest terms and have no understanding of the the philosophical implications of the argument.

Sort of like that thread about how people believe in the afterlife and the soul, just without God lol
edit on 28-3-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
I recently watched the CNN special on Atheists and I understand and respect their belief. But to stand in an airport and preach not to believe anything is weird. Are these people mentally ill? A former Pastor became a non-believer and lost everything, ok the point? I think Satanist use the Atheist veil to hide their real agenda.

If one of these bozos come up to me, I will tell them they are idiots.

show ATS where CNN had people standing in an airport preaching atheism....I guess you can't find that video, because it's a lie

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Annee

this has just become downright comical. I wonder how many people consider themselves "spiritual atheists"? LMAO

Maybe it would be more appropriate to call yourselves anti-christians?

just because a person doesn't believe in something doesn't make them anti-something.....I don't believe in santa claus, but I'm NOT anti-santa claus, I don't believe in the easter bunny, but I'm NOT anti-easter bunny.....talk about being comical

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Thanks for your answers to my earlier question. When experience is our primary evidence, and that experience can't be necessarily replicated much less shared, it becomes a personal matter, which is where I'd argue almost all of this topic truly belongs.

"Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths." - Joseph Campbell

I'm not sure if my babbling about fundamental levels of language meant much above, but at that level ... in Saussure's terms we are dancing across a microthin Schrodinger-esque borderland of infinity between the signified and signifiers.

Yes, and that borderland is home of the trickster archetype.

👣

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Power of Positive Thought.

In some cases, yes. In other cases no. So the power transcends positive/negative, sheep/goat.

Ever heard of the sheep-goat effect? Basically, the atheist pattern of thought puts them overwhelmingly in the goat category. Goats unconsciously use their own psychic ability to keep themselves unaware of their own psychic ability. Whereas sheep use their psychic ability to become aware of it. The former stagnate spiritually. The latter grow.

"Gertrude made one of the most important discoveries ever in parapsychology, one with strong spiritual implications and one which I think none of the spiritual traditions knows about, for while it’s something that can happen in everyday life, it’s pretty much unobservable except under laboratory conditions. She gave many classes of students ESP tests, guessing at concealed cards, but, before giving or scoring the tests, she had students fill out questionnaires that asked, among other things, whether they believed in ESP.

When she analyzed the results separately for the believers – the “sheep” – and the non-believers – the “goats” – she found a small, but significant difference. The sheep got more right than you would expect by chance guessing, they were occasionally using ESP. The goats, on the other hand, got significantly fewer right than you would expect by chance.

Think of it this way. If you were asked to guess red or black with ordinary playing cards, no feedback until you’d done the whole deck, you would average about 50% correct by chance. If you got 100% correct, you don’t need statistics to know that would be astounding.

But if you got 0%? Just as astounding!

The sheep thought they could do it, they got “good” scores, they were happy. The goats knew there was no ESP, nothing to get, they got poor scores, they were happy, that “proved” their belief. These were not people who were sophisticated enough about statistics to know that scoring below chance could be significant….

Many other experimenters replicated this effect over the years.

The only way I’ve ever been able to understand it is to think that the goats occasionally used ESP, but on an unconscious level, to know what the next card was and then their unconscious, acting in the service of their conscious belief system, influenced them to call anything but the correct one. The goats used a “miracle” to support their belief that there were no such things as miracles….

Talk about living in samsara, in a state of illusion!" -Charles Tart

👣

edit on 623Saturday000000America/ChicagoMar000000SaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkJS
There's some great, beautiful Christian artwork out there.
Is it possible for Atheists and Agnostics to paint masterpieces? ha ha ha
Culturally bankrupt.

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Culturally bankrupt.

Seriously? Vincent van Gogh and Pablo Picasso. Both Atheists.
Some Well Known Atheists
Atheists in Music

That's not what I meant, and you and the people who starred your knee-jerk post know it.

I was referring to paintings of your religion.... not religious-neutral paintings that anyone can enjoy.

I'll say it again: culturally bankrupt.

edit on 28/3/2015 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Culturally bankrupt.

That is a HUGE piece of ignorance there. First off, it is an assumption that all artists are religious by default (strange, because I play the mandolin and I'm not religious). Second off, it assumes that atheists can't create things.

ditto.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That is why I specifically said those that "are not god".

Suppose you find yourself interacting with a god. Except, it doesn't quite match up with what you think a god should be. So you call it god-like.

Who knows where you got your ideas about what a god 'should be' from. A dysfunctional local religion? The movies? Comic-books? Tabloids?

They might say it's the same thing but that the old mystics got it wrong and that these beings are not really gods. Who's to say which group got it right.

I am. I'm the one who has been studying comparative mysticism, comparative mythology, and comparative religion for many years.

The modern UFO abductee/contactee interacts with aliens in the same mystical/shamanic way that people have been interacting with gods for many thousands of years. The mystic and the contactee are undergoing the same psychological process of initiation and development.

Along comes a contactee who doesn't know that, and thinks something very different is going on. Hence, he thinks the aliens are very different from what he thinks gods are. But both terms refer to the same thing in different symbolic form.

👣

edit on 645SaturdayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

When you cite your own studies, experiences and understandings as your evidence ... are you implicitly stating that is "for you" or are you saying that what you know is true "for all of us"?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
just because a person doesn't believe in something doesn't make them anti-something.....I don't believe in santa claus, but I'm NOT anti-santa claus, I don't believe in the easter bunny, but I'm NOT anti-easter bunny.....talk about being comical
Exactly. It's the False Dichotomy fallacy.

False Dichotomy

The fallacy of false dichotomy is committed when the arguer claims that his conclusion is one of only two options, when in fact there are other possibilities. The arguer then goes on to show that the 'only other option' is clearly outrageous, and so his preferred conclusion must be embraced.

Either I keep smoking, or I'll get fat. I don't want to get fat, so I better keep smoking.

Either you believe in Santa Claus, or you're anti-Santa. /false dichotomy

What's up with all the people who don't believe in Santa "but want spread their nothing word"?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MarkJS

You think religion is the totality of culture?....

Superstitions do not represent all of human culture, but it isn't surprising to hear that some superstitionists think it is.

If you are able to believe that the earth and universe were specifically created just for you and your chosen group of 'followers', then you'd be able to spew some ignorant crap like the above and actually believe it.....
edit on 28-3-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join