It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists and Agnostics don't believe in God but want spread their nothing word

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: BlueMule

They see us all as heretics and probably as atheists.

I disagree. I used to be a mainstream Christian fundamentalist. I didn't see it that way.

You don't get to make that call.

Neither do you.

As the OP said "satanists with a hidden agenda".

Alleging that "Satanists use the Atheist veil" is not the same as saying all atheists are Satanists.

👣

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
I disagree. I used to be a mainstream Christian fundamentalist. I didn't see it that way.

That's 1.

Alleging that "Satanists use the Atheist veil" is not the same as saying all atheists are Satanists.

Guess that means we are not all the same. What exactly was your point?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

That's 1.

Don't forget to carry the 1.

Guess that means we are not all the same. What exactly was your point?

That people don't have to be the same in order for us to have accurate stereotypes. Oh, and atheism and Christianity aren't so different. Both are dysfunctional mythologies passionately fighting to make their narrative regarding their shared mythologem dominant.

Maybe God doesn't care which side revolves in which direction around him. Maybe he just loves the smell of the passion that comes from both sides.

👣

edit on 068FridayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Don't forget to carry the 1.

That's yours to carry

Oh, and atheism and Christianity aren't so different. Both are dysfunctional mythologies passionately fighting to make their narrative regarding their shared mythologem dominant.

Yeah, yours isn't myth. You even use the word "Christian" in your new label.

Maybe God doesn't care which side revolves in which direction around him. Maybe he just loves the smell of the passion that comes from both sides.

I have a stereotype for god which is what I'm talking about when I say "I'm an atheist".

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: grainofsand

One who does not believe in gods is in the category of atheist.

So I consider atheism to be a pattern of thought that encompasses more than gods. Spiritual atheists such as Annee are exceptions that prove the rule.

Hey! Don't leave out that I specified Atheist is Lack of belief in a god.

What I do believe still lacks belief in a god.

Yes, but Annee you do believe in things that the vast majority of atheists would reject. Your guys, for example.

You don't want to think of them as gods, but perhaps it's a 'if it walks like a duck' kind of thing.

👣

Really? How many atheists do you know?

Yes there are what is called "hard" atheists, but in my experience most I've encountered believe there is more then this world.

I've had paranormal (for lack of better word) and OBEs since first memory. I'm sure not going to discount them.

I still Lack Belief in any God in the religious sense of a God.

edit on 27-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I have atheist family members, atheist friends, and I've been on atheist discussion boards for many years.

👣

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I don't know what that means.

As opposed to what? The irreligious sense of a God? The atheistic sense?

👣

edit on 091FridayuAmerica/ChicagoMaruFridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I don't know what that means.

As opposed to what? The irreligious sense of a God? The atheistic sense?

👣

I lack belief in any God, any omnipotent being, any Creator ---- earth, universe, whatever. That is atheist.

What each individual atheist thinks or believes is their own personal philosophy. I am not required to agree with or believe what another atheist does. I am not required to believe "dust to dust".

I am aware "hard" atheists do not like this.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

But you said, "in the religious sense of a God". What other sense of a God is there?

It's kind of like saying, I lack trust in our politicians, in the political sense of politicians.

👣

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

But you said, "in the religious sense of a God". What other sense of a God is there?

It's kind of like saying, I lack trust in our politicians, in the political sense of politicians.

👣

I didn't really think it was necessary.

"I lack belief in any God, any omnipotent being, any Creator ---- earth, universe, whatever."

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I haven't read this thread, 13 pages is more then I have time for atm. I am passionate about this topic though.

I used to puzzle myself thinking about some of the more extroverted atheists in my life. Idk they may not share my belief in "God", but that doesn't mean they don't believe in good. I've realized that regardless of how someone describes their stance on religion, they are still spiritual. Some of the deeper conversations I've had with friends who claim atheism have startled me looking back hearing them echo ideas and concepts I've encountered in different spiritual traditions. Even cooler, I get the impression they may be unconscious of that side of themselves, and yet their sense of love is elevated none the less.

Most atheists are weak atheists, the ones who I have known. Even those who take a more rigid position, have been great catalysts for a deeper insight of my own beliefs and learning how to bring a more down to earth understanding of spirituality to those who get hung up on religion. It's a language barrier they have helped to bridge, and for that I'm very grateful. Often it's all too easy to imagine that those who don't share someone's perspective mystically will never get it, the whole "words don't do it justice," sentiment.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: amihotCD

And I live in Los Angeles. I'll say it here as I've said it for years... religious people are mentally ill

You live in Los Angeles and expect to be considered sane? Define insane...

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

"Amen, sister."

You as an atheist realize you sealed a statement acknowledging Ra?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

👣

"I lack belief in any God, any omnipotent being, any Creator ---- earth, universe, whatever."

I think it is necessary, if you believe in god-like beings. I think it makes you an atypical atheist. But sometimes you come across as a typical one.

👣

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: amihotCD

And I live in Los Angeles. I'll say it here as I've said it for years... religious people are mentally ill

You live in Los Angeles and expect to be considered sane? Define insane...

Los Angeles is a very big place.

Thank God it's not the Redneck South.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Sometimes it's weird, but I think the main benefit is that Atheists help us debunk or take the veil off of the outdated religions and some of the newer ones, like Scientology.

I do believe in God and an afterlife but I am not Christian or any other religion. Usually I have no problem with Atheists but sometimes when they are blasting me about believing in an imaginary being in outer space it get's a little old.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

👣

I think it is necessary, if you believe in god-like beings. I think it makes you an atypical atheist. But sometimes you come across as a typical one.

👣

Define God-like beings. I do not believe in the Supernatural.

I do believe that everything is energy.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

promote that which you instinctively know to be false
a reply to: MysterX

you said

I would say "promote that which you instinctively "think" to be false."

no he used the word "know" because by definition to know is to "be aware of through observation, inquiry, or information"

Didnt your demiurge also say in the NT not to cast pearls before swine? Keep your pearls of "unasked" for love to yourself. I have seen time and again the "knock on the door in the name of love" from many cults, because after all most religions are by definition a cult, only to move in and preach to follow a lofty jealous mountain god.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

👣

👣

You are being evasive. Why are you spitting hairs?

Why is it so important to you to separate yourself from the religious sense of God, and embrace an ET sense of God? They are both the same archetype. Only the costume has changed.

👣

edit on 149Friday000000America/ChicagoMar000000FridayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

👣

👣

You are being evasive. Why are you spitting hairs?

Why is it so important to you to separate yourself from the religious sense of God, and embrace an ET sense of God? They are both the same archetype. Only the costume has changed.

How am I being evasive? By not providing you the answer YOU want?

I do believe there are off planet beings. I do believe there are multiple dimensions. I believe all are connected via energy.

Where is there a God in there?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join