It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beliefs that stand in the way of our ability to change this world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So the only way to make this world better is to :-

1) Leave ATS because there are so many low vibration threads.
2) Don't watch TV due to the Draconian's forcing so much violence and low vibration news topics.
3) Be good and loving to thy neighbor.

Now it all makes sense.

The Draconian's create misery on earth. They report on it all via TV and get all conspiracy websites to report on it. This then allows their invisible ethereal / astral spiders to feed off the low frequency vibration from 7 billion aura's worldwide.

Awesome. Now i understand why the daemon said that everything is going perfectly as planned.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha ats is really turning into a # show of seperation and ideologies

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Have you not thought, if only there were more positively minded individuals in this world, how much of a better place it can be?

I was with you up to that point. Positive thinking gives you things like "Earth Hour" which is the equivalent of a ritual sacrifice. The planet is not going to be saved because everyone turns off their power for an hour, and the belief that it will makes the terrifying thought that the world is no better off than it was before go away. It also instills a positive feeling that the individual makes a difference despite the fact that the individual will make that hour up the hour after it is over.

Taking one day out of the year or one month out of the year to treat someone better does NOT make it okay for them to be treated badly the rest of the time.

Add to the list "It will take major changes in order to change the system, major changes which will most likely not come from within the system." It so happens that believing that, regardless of whether or not it is true (which it is) will most likely not make someone act.

It is also cyclical. If more positive thinking people existed, it would pave the way for less positively minded individuals to take advantage of that fact.

One of the natural assumptions in dealing with other people is that everyone is like you are. Which, naturally, is incorrect. If, however, you believe that everyone is like you are and you think everything is going swimmingly, it is a relatively new experience to find someone who thinks things are down in the dumps. Your natural assumption is that there is something wrong with that individual, because your position is that "everyone is positive about the future". Regardless of which one of you is correct about the future, you will think there is something wrong with their position, which is wrong to think if the future really is uncertain.

There is only one world. I don't want pragmatic individuals who see the notion of "positive thinking" as healthier and follow it to that conclusion when the world does not care one way or another which belief system you use. It is the actions taken that affect it, not the intentions behind those actions.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Before the age of around 5 or so a child is able to learn 5 languages. We have all seen and heard or witnessed prodigies in action, we've seen the baby name the Presidents, I recently watched a video of a child under 2 who was properly demonstrating CPR on a mannequin.

I think that we have the ability right now to skip a couple of evolutionary stages and advance to a race of superhuman (and these humans COULD solve all our problems) but we are totally unaware of it so we don't bother to cultivate and understand our ability. We do not raise children properly, with encouragement and trust in their innate knowledge and competence. We are surprised when a child does something brilliant. But I don't think child prodigies are a fluke. They would be the norm if we harnessed our natural talents and developed them from infancy.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Good OP...I've explored aspects of the New Age community along my path. Like a lot of belief systems it carries both potential for good and bad and you've exposed the potentially paralyzing underbelly of some of its assumptions. In many ways the end time concepts of New Age thinking are a repackaged version of the biblical end times, complete with new bodies, rapid global natural disasters, ascension, and higher beings coming to our rescue.

If I may also add less-crapped-on beliefs/assumptions that I personally think are also standing in the way of progress...

1. Humans are hopelessly, inherently evil/broken. This one is toxic. Ignoring examples in history to the contrary, it claims we not only start ruined, but that we have nowhere to go but down and that we deserve our own annihilation. Never admitted to, but extrapolated from this theory is the logical conclusion that, if this is true, all members of our beloved families and even newborn babies are evil. But I see few applying this belief to that end. Obviously, not a lot of good work being done by people who believe this assumption. Coincidentally, this belief also has a biblical undercarriage while, simultaneously, suffering from no redemption model.

2. Technology is our savior, the ills of the world will be solved by an invention, carry on as before until it is birthed. Again, ignoring a large part of history where our tech and power of global destruction rose in tandem. Yes, we have jets and computers due to science and ingenuity but somewhere the science of the Hadron Collider and Star Trek became sexier than the science of natural systems. The latter of which would reveal the true mechanisms behind our suicidal culture of unsustainability and in so doing would provide more effective, grassroots, achievable means of restoring our minds and our planet.

3. The humans inside government can achieve more than the humans outside of it. Sounds obvious, but how many people have questioned the reduction of government by exclaiming, "but who will build the roads and run our schools?!?!". My impatience at our lack of self-responsibility, both individually and collectively, probably shows when I respond with deadpan expression, "still humans, only this time without the financial inefficiency of bureaucracy".

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The very thread title itself represents such a belief,or at least a mental bond such as is being discussed.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow !!! I loved the OP and I am anxious to engage in some discussion on this topic ...but right now I've got to get to work. I see the thread was started a few days ago I guess I'm lucky
I ran into it. This could set some things rolling.... thank you for starting it.

Harry

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Great thread. All false regimented belief systems have an eschatological narrative , whether it be abrahamic religions with their apocalypses, new age beliefs and 2012
, "transhumanists" and the singularity, physical determinists and the heat death of the universe (or whatever fate is currently in vogue), and the current favourite "climate change". This thread of eschatological thinking is an intentional projection of the individual's knowledge of his/her impending future death transposed to a larger social scale, with the result that the belief system prescribes narratives, rules and ways of living to seemingly resolve this death anxiety (on either a mass or individual scale).
edit on 31-3-2015 by Alushe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Alushe

Indeed, why do certain beliefs gain a foothold in the first place, why these specific patterns of thought and why are they proliferated so easily and adopted so readily?

I agree, most of the "pull" of these self-defeating concepts are due to the belief in "fate" - "The End" can be compared to death, and if one doubts that there is any existence beyond it, then they will be attracted to the idea that the end is planned or preordained in some way (giving death a purpose), and that there is a future beyond it for those whom have been "selected" - eradicating any form of questioning the blame is put on the environment (the supposed nature of the world/dimension/density/frequency level) and not the individual.

The prerequisites for "making it to the other side" in my mind is simply for those apart of the program to know whom is not.

The point of this "program" I feel is a closely guarded secret, why would those in power try to prevent us from making this world our own, the way we want it?

The answer, and the closest that I can come to it, is that they are insanely selfishly-minded individuals and they need inequality in order to enjoy their sense of prosperity, be that physical or otherwise.
edit on 31-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You did a good job of encapsulating the main points of societies psychological hang-ups. I will throw out the creme de la creme of Bible verses (imo) that would stifle human effort to bring about peace. And that is this 1 Thess 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. Now if that one doesn't sabotage any desires to bring about peace and safety I don't know what does. It implies to me that if we did achieve peace and safety we will be rewarded with sudden destruction.....But does it actually make sense on a certain level....maybe a higher level then what we are presently thinking on ?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Well I think the last statement you made is close to accurate. The fact that the inequality is necessary for the superiority to be felt. But if we look at ALL human lives as individual facets of the great whole ( Sum of human conscious experience). Then we would want the "whole" to have the experience of being superior even if that meant that some of us had to occupy a subordinate role in order for that to happen. The whole would also like to have "vessels/bodies to show that it can bear up under the crushing weight generated by some of these inequalities . It is God ( the whole) expanding itself through utilization of all of the potential roles generated by the present set of parameters. If we look at each one of us as a single facet of that great whole and realize that each one of us is fulfilling a vital role for the completion of the great whole then we will enter peace

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

But what if their purpose was that very thing ? in order to create abundant energy.... Energy that would later be used under new parameters....then would it be a bad thing ?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Hello...My name is Brian Jacobson.

I am thoroughly inspired by your minds work on this website, and am seeing a bit of guidance. Please, do not feel like i am putting you on the spot. you just seem to have a versed understanding of the mind, and i am in a tough place, looking for...help so to speak, organizing these thoughts and looking for someone who might have had similar experiences to mine, so i can feel less alone. I have a GF, but we are falling out, and she has never had a repentant or mystical experience, so i can barely talk to her.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
The idea that being sensitive is a weakness.

Picturing a dog eat dog world isolates individuals and breeds fear. Sensitive people can often hold an advantage over those with hardened hearts in their environment.I suspect power mongers know that, and use it as a tool of control...
edit on 26-5-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Grammer

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join