It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School named after war hero, forces child to shave off military-style haircut

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Get along just to get along.

"Go along to get along" has replaced cries for freedom in this country. Most just want their comfortable little worlds to remain as such. Anything that rocks the boat, they stay away from.....lock step all the way.

You have nailed it (again) with your comments.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
It's not about the haircut. It's not about the clothes. It's not about anything but teaching our children how to march lockstep without question into adulthood. It's about grooming the children to never question authority. Never question the sanity of any decision. Just do it. Comply.

That's the only conclusion I can come to when I see some of the ludicrous things/rules coming out of the public re education camps in the last few years.

It's about having complete control and not having anyone question that control. Ever. It's all most of them will ever know so why not comply? Get along just to get along.

I completely agree Kang, just one more example of liberal authoritarian mission creep cunningly disguised as "Waaah Won't someone please think of the children"
edit on 27-3-2015 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

I believe this answers that perfectly...

"This is what you shall do; Love the earth and sun and the animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown or to any man or number of men, go freely with powerful uneducated persons and with the young and with the mothers of families, read these leaves in the open air every season of every year of your life, re-examine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency not only in its words but in the silent lines of its lips and face and between the lashes of your eyes and in every motion and joint of your body.”
― Walt Whitman
edit on 2732015 by Ironhawke because: quotes

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

It's tragically sad and not something I think people even 2 generations ago thought they would ever see in their lifetime. If something doesn't come and smack most people right out of their lay-z-boys and disconnect their cable... They seem to be able to ignore it into oblivion.

Now the "chickens are coming home to roost" and I'm not entirely sure that we aren't too far gone already to even attempt to put it back on the rails.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

This is the result of those people who have gone mad and have been encouraged by all those other people who constantly crap on our country and our military.

I bet the administration of the school is full of the sort of people to call you a warmonger for saying that you support our troops.

Its about principle. How dare this kid appreciate his brothers service. It would be ok if he wore a che guevara shirt and walked around calling people comrade while spewing nonsense about the military industrial complex making patriotism akin to nationalism.

What a joke.

edit on 3 27 2015 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hotel1

I don't think we need to attach a label to this, as there is much evidence that the other team (social conservatives) do the same thing. By complaining that it is some liberal agenda, we detract from the real aspect; this child's first amendment rights and ludicrous rules.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

This is the result of those people who have gone mad and have been encouraged by all those other people who constantly crap on our country and our military.

I bet the administration of the school is full of the sort of people to call you a warmonger for saying that you support our troops.

Its about principle. How dare this kid appreciate his brothers service. It would be ok if he wore a che guevara shirt and walked around calling people comrade while spewing nonsense about the military industrial complex making patriotism akin to nationalism.

What a joke.

That is almost word for word my thoughts on this one. Maybe there is still some hope, but its a long way back from here.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

They had the mother and son on a news channel lately, she said she will not be shaving the kids hair again. Go mom go.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i really don't get it. isn't short hair what they would prefer? so they punish him but cutting the hair even shorter?! what in the hell is wrong with that principal. people have brought up a lot of good points in this thread.

principal being on a power trip, the fact that shaving his head basically makes him look like a neo-nazi, the school is named after a war hero. the fact that the kid did NOTHING behaviorally wrong, incited no riots with his hair etc.

they really went above and beyond to kind of humiliate this kid. and it's conformity at its worst. fall within the lines or we'll make you fall within the lines. that seems to be the overall message.

so incredibly stupid. i hope it brings an incredible amount of bad publicity directed at the principal and they remove the top-shelf a$$hat from his/her position.

oh and as the kids hair grows back, isn't it essentially going to look EXACTLY the same at some point? does he have to keep his head perpetually shaved? does he have to wear a friggin wig?! lol. god help us all.

edit on 27-3-2015 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

I don't think we need to attach a label to this, as there is much evidence that the other team (social conservatives) do the same thing. By complaining that it is some liberal agenda, we detract from the real aspect; this child's first amendment rights and ludicrous rules.

As a Brit I don't feel it my place to judge wether amendment rights are being violated or not and I will happily concede that you are correct on what you say. I can tell you that the forces of Liberal Authoritarianism and Social Conservatism are in operation on this side of the pond, and from what we have seen these forces pulling against each other as they do are quite capable of, and likely, to tear apart the national fabric of any country they are found to exist in.

Kind regards

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

If something doesn't come and smack most people right out of their lay-z-boys and disconnect their cable... They seem to be able to ignore it into oblivion.

And while most sit back and ignore it to hell, others come online and rant about it...vent their aggressions and then walk away thinking they have done something by posting their indignation online.

We should be FLOODING this principal with emails....we need to be naming and shaming these fascist scum! ...and that's what they are. But no, the lot of us won't.
That says all that needs to be said. It was those a few generations ago being conditioned into the current mindset (albeit it slowly) that led to this. It didn't come out of no where land....

Now the "chickens are coming home to roost" and I'm not entirely sure that we aren't too far gone already to even attempt to put it back on the rails.

I hate to be cynical (though I am most of the time) but I just don't see us getting back on the rails.
At this point, I'm just observing and shoring up my options for survival (if I even want to when it all goes to sh*t in much worse ways..and it will)

The only thing I see waking up the lot of this nation at this time is hunger and the inability to procure our little "toys".....but even then, those in control will direct the argument and the divide will grow and "we" will basically just fight amongst ourselves...same ole song and dance.

It's truly terrifying to understand how malleable the human mind can be....

......at this point, I just want off this crazy rock, but there is no where else to go......and I'm not really ready to die yet (I got s to do!)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Apologies for assumptions. The point still stands in regards to prescribing a label that could only be presumed.

Just as the story tries to invoke some militaristic pride by invoking the school name source, by labeling it as liberal only allows a distraction from the main crux.

I think our points are made and it seems we agree though.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

Apologies for assumptions. The point still stands in regards to prescribing a label that could only be presumed.

Just as the story tries to invoke some militaristic pride by invoking the school name source, by labeling it as liberal only allows a distraction from the main crux.

I think our points are made and it seems we agree though.

Thank you my transatlantic cousin, apology much appreciated but absolutely not necessary. Gotta love the common ground that two nations divided by a common language can jointly occupy

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I got send back home a few times because of the type of clothes and hair cuts i was getting in high school, the punk look didint fit whit the other kids, i cant remember what the rules where, my parents wherent too happy at the time.

Oh and they didint blame obama one bit., just me for not following the crowd.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If a military haircut is too wild for your tastes then DAMN, you need to get that board out of your ass.

Seriously...it was really all on the principal having a power trip. The district has no rules against it. I just don't get why anyone currently living would care what your hair looks like so much that you would shame a kid into shaving his head bald.....

Technically, bald is bad for you, one can get severe sun burn on the top of the head.

Which is what the high and tight is about.

Short hair and protection from the sun.

In the military if you go full bald and get a sunburn on top of your head you can get in trouble.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have no idea what is going on with this world today ! I grew up in a time and place when teachers and principles would have not only approved of this young gentleman's haircut but it would be what they actually expected . But would have never forced upon us .

In my time most all boys wore our hair in either a buzz cut , flat top (as I did) or the dreaded pineapple ( if you dont know , look it up) . We wore Tough Skin jeans from Sears and Chuck Taylor All Stars or Buster Browns shoes . The only hair product we needed was Butch Wax .

Maybe it's my age , but I can not for the life of me figure out what is distracting about a high and tight . And who would defend this principle or even a regulation against such a hair cut . It's just a short hair cut and nothing more . Is it boys are not supposed to look like boys anymore ? Are they supposed to wear their hair like these boy band types ? Over styled with a bunch of product in their hair ?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Oh and they didint blame obama one bit., just me for not following the crowd.

Dude, get off the Obama trip. Sweet baby Jesus on fire!

You're in just about every thread making things out to be about "Obama"....it's ridiculous.

Isn't that "political trolling" ?

Back on track.....
I once let my hair grow longer (grew straight up because I always kept it shaved fairly close) and then I gelled it to death and spiked it....at one point, those spikes were 5 or 6 inches high. I was not once told by school staff that I couldn't keep that cut. Even had a teacher that got "angry" when I shaved it again....said it was "the coolest cut in school" and that I "shouldn't have cut it because it was different and that was a good thing" (paraphrasing, of course)

That was my freshman year....(think the guy from Static X if you want to imagine the hair-do
)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Most schools that I've seen normally have a Dress Code and Grooming Policy for their school (be it a public or private school) that is to be followed.

It normally lists what is and/or what is not allowed.

In this case, the school needs to show what part of this policy was not followed. So far, I've yet to see the school policy posted (which can normally be found in Parent/Student Guide that get's sent home at the beginning of the school year).

I'm betting that there is a policy under Grooming that says: "No extreme hair cuts/ hair styles allowed", which give the school a LOT of leeway in deciding what is and what isn't allowed (IE their own personal opinion).

Ironically, where I live here in the south, "Buzz cuts" or "High n Tights" are the norm for a lot of male students (get's HOT here). Being shaved completely bald would be considered the "extreme" hair cut (but of course if there was a medical reason for it, is allowed).

I think if this mother pushed it hard enough, the school would be forced to relent, as shaving the boy bald would be even more "extreme" than a high and tight is.

Personally I think schools should concentrate more on educating our kids, and less time trying to force what they should look like.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Your kiding me right, im the one crying its them libs fault, wow just wow, im sorry i pointed out the fake outrage about every little thing.

And no its not obamas fault

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

It does seem a bit petty, sure...

But the lady agreed to the rules when she sent her kid to school.

We've all got special reasons and excuses for stuff. Why is hers better?

Sorry, schools belong to the people and freedom is a constitutional reality that all schools and businesses are obliged to follow, and I would never stand your concepts of reality, thats a hellzone and elitist one at that.

By the way, don't believe in any dress codes period. They're pure nazi'ism. And will never tolerate them.

I would not comply with the school and sue them for 1 000 000 dollars for every single day they kept him out of school.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join