It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Finally Figured Out How to Fight a Proxy War Against Ourselves

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
Just saw that the Iranian-backed militias have pulled out of Tikrit in a protest over US airstrikes.

What a mess over there.

That could be an indication about theories that say the U.S. is not actually bombing ISIS targets.

Odd indeed.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
They were ordered out because, they are not under any real control and getting in the way and the US would launch air support with them in action. They pulled out so the Iraqi's could get air support from the US. The US will not directly support Iranian backed forces.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its not the best tactic at the races to back every horse in a race because you'll usually loose money doing so but you are guaranteed a winner from what I can see every dog in this stink has either Us equipment and covert or overt backing or training

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Omg LOL

Too true and too sad

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
That's a fact! Playing all sides. In everything. By design.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

So currently the state of affairs in the Middle East goes something like this: The US is fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria in tacit conjunction with Iran to some degree. The US is not directly fighting against, but wants to depose the Assad regime in Syria which is backed by Iran. Iran is fighting via Shiite militia proxy against a pro-US established and Sunni dominated government in Yemen, while Saudi Arabia, our closest Arab ally, along with other Sunni Arab nations, the majority of which are close US allies as well, are now fighting this Iranian backed Shiite militia. Meanwhile, mostly everyone in the region is hoping that Iran is not allowed to reach nuclear breakout capability. The whole situation is a total mess, where murky intentions abound and the real chance of deepening hostilities exists around every bend. Even worse, this all could be just a weak preview of what is to come should Iran move forward with its nuclear program.

As for trying to identify a firm US foreign policy in the region, you can't, unless we are just going to go with the age old and dangerous adage: The enemy of my enemy is my friend. [Source]

The Enemy of My Enemy

ETA: I meant Houthis in the OP. I don't know why I typed Hafiz.

edit on 3/28/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
US at Perpetual War via Proxy

Divide and Conquer

Iraq, Libya, Syria, and down the whole list.

What is Israel's role?

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
bumped into while searching for US's Proxy War on Yemen

surprise, surprise. 3 years later, it has been turned into (by MSM/deepstate) Iran's proxy war on yemen - and likewise, Iran's proxy war on SA

this cycle of zionist globalist's 'proxy wars' blamed on the next target could be described as 'shadow proxy wars' indeed and we're eventually next, too.

what goes around, comes back around.. literally, no??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join