It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet the German Co-pilot was on Anti-Depressants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

Simple fact, the brain is a big bowl of soup with unknown proportions of ingredients.

For those of you who are going to blame everything on anti-depressants, I say live with mental problems.

We don't know what exact combination of drugs will or will not work.

But, I can tell you with all honesty, my life is better with them than without.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Dosulepin, there's a drug once prescribed to the dinosaurs, I was on that too. lol, I shouldn't laugh, my normal GP was off sick, so I got this old school guy GP, told him I was on a downer, was there anything I should take? "Dosulepin son, that's the very one for you" "Dos who"? "Dosulepin", yeah **** it I'll have a go at that.

I can actually remember my wife telling me on more than one occasion that I was very grey looking, and did I remember talking gibberish to her? emmm no... Dosulepin!!!!

So.. around the same time I was scheduled for an operation, the anaesthetist does his usual checks "You on any medication lad"? "Dosulepin just", "What"??? "Who the **** put you on that"? lol

And the point of the story, he said "I haven't heard of Dosulepin in years", "hows that workin for you"? "Not very well" I said. I don't know if he felt I was slightly embarrassed or what, I wasn't for what it mattered. He said "Are you feeling a bit down just", I remember saying "Yeah, that's what it is", to which he replied "I wouldn't worry, half the country is on antidepressants". So there you have it, according to some, half of Ireland is dangerous

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I bet he was supposed to be on meds and was not taking them.

That is just my thought though.

The sad thing about anti-depressants and the like is that they are way over prescribed.
Most people don't need them and just need to face and deal with minor depression,
however, there ARE people who DO need them and when they don't take them, they go crazy.

I'm just guessing, but either he had schizophrenia or bi-polar and was not taking the meds he was told he needed to.

That is just a guess though.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: OnionHead

I found Sertraline rather numbing myself in the beginning. I also developed a rash across my belly first month into use. GP claimed it was unrelated. Personalty over the years i have experimented, by stopping the dosage from time to time for several months at a time, attempting to ascertain any difference regarding how i feel, with little or no adverse effects.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

The history of depression is only a part of the puzzle. The medical condition he was diagnosed with has been confirmed as not being depression. Flying was said to be his life. His relationship had recently broken down. He had been diagnosed with a condition that meant he could not fly (when flying was his life). He had a history of severe depression. The combination of the three may have led to this tragedy. He may have found out he had motor neurone, MS or similar. They haven't disclosed the condition. There is no evidence that he was on psychiatric meds. These would have been revealed in blood tests during health checks. I'm sure they check for drugs.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: caramel2

That would be a good reason for him not to take the meds then.

If he knew he would fail a UA for flying that way,
I could see why he would avoid them,even if he needed them.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   

And there's unable to get to sleep, insomnia, here's some drugs.

I agree. I was just saying I blame the psychotropic drugs in another thread.

They cause suicidal thoughts and even homocidal thoughts in some people. That's where all these crazy crimes are coming from. Terrible drugs.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Simple fact, the brain is a big bowl of soup with unknown proportions of ingredients.

For those of you who are going to blame everything on anti-depressants, I say live with mental problems.

We don't know what exact combination of drugs will or will not work.

But, I can tell you with all honesty, my life is better with them than without.

I would say true because they are addicting and can fool you into thinking I do need them, I'm not feeling well at all now. I better take them.

To get off them requires a very slow weaning under supervision of a doctor. If any triggers come up during this process a person can snap. Triggers are hard to avoid though.

Glad they are working for you. For me , I am much better off them.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

There's no evidence that he was on psychotropic drugs. Extract from CAA medical conditions list : "An established mood disorder is disqualifying. After full recovery and after full consideration of an individual case a fit assessment may be considered, depending on the characteristics and gravity of the mood disorder. If a stable maintenance psychotropic medication is confirmed, a fit assessment should require an OML limitation." Had he been on meds then OML restrictions would have applied to his flying. There has been no evidence of this in reports.

This guy must have fooled psychiatrists into thinking he had fully recovered during his training. He hid symptoms of his depressive disorder. However, the hospital treating him recently has confirmed that he was not being treated for depression. There is a long list of medical conditions which preclude flying. It could have been a problem with blood pressure or a heart condition. There are so many possibilities. He could hide his depression or mental state, but he could not hide a physical condition.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
When you are a pilot charged with making critical flight decisions while working long schedules there is a lot of stress.

I remember as a child getting a phone call from my uncle, they had been working on the new satellite phone system (click) and the engineers were (click) divided over how to implement the (click) relativistic corrections. There was a lot of (click) arguing over the issue (click) The senior engineer finally just gave up and let them (click) send the birds up without correction (click). My uncle was laughing pretty hard throughout the phone call (click). Maybe they forced him to take antidepressants?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Antidepressants found at home of co-pilot Andreas Lubitz

From your source:

The New York Times also reported that antidepressants were found during the search of his apartment. CNN has not been able to confirm the reports.

Those drugs can make a oerson do insane things, especially if they aren't taking them as prescribed. You really can't forget to take a dose

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

A "small mountain" of drugs believed to be antidepressants were found at Lubitz's apartment.

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join