It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet the German Co-pilot was on Anti-Depressants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

I would try to slowly slowly get off them, start substituting pills for St. John wort tea or smoke a joint

I am not kidding

Whoa!....maybe not a good idea to be advising people to come off anti-depressants on an internet forum!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I personally know a vet who told me this. He's on psycho-tropics. ( I don't know which one/s, however they prevent him from holding a job)....

Give him this advice

I would try to slowly slowly get off them, start substituting pills for St. John wort tea or smoke a joint, but just like with alcohol or ice cream or beer, exercise control

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
Whoa!....maybe not a good idea to be advising people to come off anti-depressants on an internet forum!

If you are concerned with political correctness and indulge in clouding your view of reality we live in

Then maybe seek employment in any government agency

I on the other hand see human beings in front of me and not numbers, I speak as if I speak to a human

Because we are humans

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Not sure about saint johns wort but the MJ is off the cards . Random drug and alcohol tests .

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
Not sure about saint johns wort but the MJ is off the cards . Random drug and alcohol tests .

Oh I see

You know let me tell you something from the heart

Take up fishing at a local lake or river, no beer, just you and the lake early morning

It does wonders for the soul, just don't forget a bear spray or a gun for bears and mountain lions,

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Absolutely complete BS, the antidepressant does not create suicide thoughts, you already have the thoughts and are taking antidepressant for it, the thoughts don't get stronger because of the drugs...

I am amazed at how many times people try to blame anti depressant drugs for pretty much anything in here

This comes from a guy who have taken every antidepressant that is on the marked, for the last 6 years, and know what they do and do not.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WineAndCheese9

originally posted by: hutch622

Oh I see

You know let me tell you something from the heart

Take up fishing at a local lake or river, no beer, just you and the lake early morning

It does wonders for the soul, just don't forget a bear spray or a gun for bears and mountain lions,

Great advise give a depressed person a gun and his thoughts on a lake, what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Oh really, why would drug inserts contain risk of suicide information then

Maybe because they lost a dozen court cases eh

As for your experiences
I can claim to have slept with 10 women at once too.

Even if your experience is true, you would be an odd case

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Great advise give a depressed person a gun and his thoughts on a lake, what could possibly go wrong?

As opposed to your advice that he let modern US medical system destroy him slowly from within

Yeah, you are a real hero aren't ya

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Absolutely complete BS, the antidepressant does not create suicide thoughts, you already have the thoughts and are taking antidepressant for it, the thoughts don't get stronger because of the drugs...

I am amazed at how many times people try to blame anti depressant drugs for pretty much anything in here

This comes from a guy who have taken every antidepressant that is on the marked, for the last 6 years, and know what they do and do not.

Then pray tell, why do all of the 'possible side effects' list suicide.

Anyone taking an antidepressant should be watched closely for worsening depression or unusual behavior. If you or someone you know has suicidal thoughts when taking an antidepressant, immediately contact your doctor or get emergency help.

Nausea
Nervousness, agitation or restlessness
Dizziness
Reduced sexual desire or difficulty reaching orgasm or inability to maintain an erection (erectile dysfunction)
Drowsiness
Insomnia
Weight gain or loss
Headache
Dry mouth
Vomiting
Diarrhea

Mayo Clinic

You must have been a lucky little vegemite to avoid all of those.

P

edit on 27/3/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Are you actually trying to state that anti-depressants don't have a potential side effect of suicidal thoughts, particularity in young people? When it's on the warning label you get from the pharmacist?

Everyone, please be mindful that no one here should take the advice of anyone without first consulting the doctor, who's care you are under.

Anti-depressants can cause suicidal thoughts, and if you are having them, please call 911 immediately and get a hold of your doctor, so that the necessary changes in your medication can be made.

CdT

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Go ahead and show me where I said that.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

The suicide note on drugs are on ALL pills, incl. sudden death, it is a standard note that because someone decided to commit suicide while on the pills, unfortunately is necessary to put on..

Even some vitamins have that note, and can cause death, but the active stuffs are not the cause of a person decision to commit suicide, unless you overdose by mistake or on purpose...

I can claim to have slept with 10 women at once too.

Do not take me for an idiot or liar....
edit on 27-3-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I had to laugh at that . No bears here just snakes and not many lakes for that matter either . I took the advice for what it was but he was preaching to the choir as i am heavily into fishing . That being said i will stay on the medication , i like feeling somewhat normal and i certainly wasnt that before .

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Suppose your idea has some merit. Just look at what that monster Thomas Hamilton done to sixteen children possibly while under the influence of Prozac and the associated chemical imbalance it produces in the brain.

Alas they simply hand out antidepressants like candy these days with little or no attempt to even understand the underlying mental issues people face. So sad and also highly dangerous!

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-3-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I can see me getting slated for this but here I go:

1. People stating they are looking forward to seeing that his was on pills: Are you yourself sick in the head? People died because of this one person and you will be happy to see that you can slap the blame on big pharma? What if he wasnt? What if life had taken a dark turn and he thought better make my suicide look like a tragic accident?

2. Why is it that when something tragic happens 90% of posters start banging chests shouting "USA this" or "USA that" or "US pharma" You do know that Europe isn't in America right? That social medical care and treatment means that a week / month supply of prescribed pills can cost a mighty £7.90 here in blighty (I myself know after undergoing an operation a few weeks ago and so far for my meds its cost me £15.80 for a months supply).

3. I am not defending or promoting anti-depressants as at one point I myself was on them, I wont go into reasons why or how I ended up coming off of them but it seems if someone says ANYTHING others show their true ignorance... ironic that its plastered both sides of this box to deny it when a lot of posters decide to accept it.

To a few posters on here, grow the hell up. To the others who actually use their big boy words and try to uncover the truth no matter what, you keep on truckin!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

I take anti depressants periodically because of recurring depression which runs throughout the family however, we don't go around killing ourselves and involving a lot of other people in the death process. I can't get over if he felt so bad he simply didn't turn up for work and quietly end it at home in bed? Why kill so many innocent people? I find it difficult to not think there was another motive for this. Whether it will be discovered and revealed is quite another matter though. There seems to be an evil in the air today that I for one am trying to ignore and keep 'trucking'. Hope you get over your op quickly. I had one Friday 13th and am just back from the discharge and all clear so do know where your'e at.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I also take antidepressants and dont go around killing people. However you need to understand the associated risks involved with consumption of said medications. Simply because they can indeed induce a state of chemical imbalance in our brains that can have disastrous results.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Please note, I never meant to sound like I was suggesting that people who suffer from depression will always do these things, what I was suggesting was maybe he couldnt see a way out and decided that he didnt want it to look like suicide and decided that it was his time and people wouldnt know what really happened.

My future mother-in-law takes them and they truely do make a difference, I have taken them and they did make a difference. But at the end of the day unless it becomes clear in the recordings we will know... but if nothing is found then only he will know why he did such a terrible thing.

My thoughts are with the families to all who were on board, I could never know how the pilot felt as he tried to gain access to the cockpit. That poor man trying his hardest to stop it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yep, anti-dep meds are no good. All i have to say is "Brain Zapps" are 0% fun.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join