It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

remote controlled passenger jets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We already have drones that can be flown in the middle east and controlled from a base in Las Vegas, how much longer do we must wait until we see this technology applied to passenger jets? The fact is that when you board a plane, you are at the mercy of the pilot, if that pilot suddenly snaps and decides to deliberately crash the plane into a mountain your chances of survival are 0.

I know that with remote controlled planes the possibility of this happening would still be there, because the plane would still be controlled by a human on the ground, however the pilot who would be controlling the plane would be monitored by someone else at all times.

Another good idea would be to program the plane to its destination just like how they program a cruise missile to hit it's target from hundreds of miles away.

The flight path, coordinates and every other piece of vital information would be programed onto the computer before takeoff.

So what do you think ATS? would your fear of flying be diminished if the plane was controlled by a computer instead of a human that could snap at anytime?

Personally mine would.

Also which option would you prefer be implemented?
edit on 3/26/2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A group of students (cant remember which uni) have already proven they can control cars AND planes by hacking!
Imagine some young kid taking control of a plane via his smartphone!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
A group of students (cant remember which uni) have already proven they can control cars AND planes by hacking!

obviously the threat of hacking would be there, but the uplink used would need to have military grade levels of security...how many missiles have been hacked and reprogramed ? how many drones have been hacked?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: VoidHawk

obviously the threat of hacking would be there, but the uplink used would need to have military grade levels of security...how many missiles have been hacked and reprogramed ? how many drones have been hacked?

Would they tell us if they were hacked?

Didn't Iran take down a drone?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Uh, no.

Computers are only as smart as the humans who program them. You're still at the mercy of someone who maybe did some "tweaking" of the software.

I have a full blown phobia of flying. I don't trust anyone. I hope I never have to get on another plane.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Er well you are about 14 years behind on this but good point.
George Bush was questioned almost instantly after 911 how the Government could stop terrorists from doing the same thing again..hijacking a plane and crashing it into God knows where.
He answered something like we already have a remote control on Boeing jets to which he was immediately cut off by those stood around him,i have seen the interview and know it exists but cannot find it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Remote control is being built into every new plane computer

But they claim it is for our own good

Just pray you are not flying when they need a false flag

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Didn't Iran take down a drone?

Bingo on the button Sir.
That is a Non disputable event that did in fact occur.
Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

join