It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Palestinian raver in Israel-“If they knew we were in the rave, We would've gone to prison.”

page: 1

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
I find this story to encapsulate the truth of our similarities as opposed to differences! It really is remarkable how simple life can truly be. We all want the same things. To be able to live with access to water/food/clean air, to be able to thrive with our families and grow without fear. This truth is irrefutable.

Naturally enough this extends to our joy of creativity! Through music, art, community and simply partying we are all one and the same, put simply we like to have fun! Fun that a man named Firas was willing to risk prison for.

Could not resist the beats!

The harsh reality had stolen their favourite playground from them, and some of his friends had stopped venturing out too far into the mountains. But nothing could stop Firas from being curious about what’s on the other side. He knew the risks, but he didn’t quite give a # about them. To him, encountering a soldier on patrol would have been a game of hide-and-seek, except that this time, if they catch you, you’re #ed.

Him and his group of friends would take the very real risk every time they would venture over to Israel to dance and celebrate life with their Israeli counterparts. What they discovered there was unity, the lies of the media and government did not hold weight to the reality of the experience they where having!

All walls that separated the people had been broken down on the dance floor. Because when the music peaked and the heavy beats dropped, no one remembered the unimportant stuff like nationalities and languages and religions. They were all one, and they wanted to do was to dance and be #ing happy.

In order for people to move past their differences I think we must remember the basic truth of our humanity, we came here to love and celebrate our divinity. Places like Israel show the level of disconnect that we have collectively built up over so many generations. This thread does not need to turn into a blaming contest. There are plenty of threads for that.

To me this story, is something that should resonate with all people. Since the story shows the unity that can be found among the people on such opposite sides when you take away all the politics of the past and simply be in the moment, enjoying the music and the people you are around. This is true and can be found all over the place.

It happens everyday and I hope that we continue to see more of it! It warms my heart to read this kind of story and I love that they are able to bring it back to Palestine and start working to evolve the consciousness there!

That’s the thing: many of us have heard, or even said the phrase, “Music unites us”. But really, how many of us have truly felt this firsthand? Firas’ story and the birth of Psytrance in Palestine is a shining example of this. It shows us that the true human spirit is stronger than all the forces that separate us. It shows us that we can all be moved, regardless of nationality, skin colour or last names. And music, plus some wisdom, is just one of the many ways we can start a revolution, or at least, change someone’s misunderstood view.

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:09 PM

the story shows the unity that can be found among the people on such opposite sides when you take away all the politics of the past, in the moment, enjoying the music and the people you are around can be found all over the place.

I hate say something obvious but really we are all the same

It's the crap some people feed/get fed into their brains that changes them for whatever reason ie. politics, advertising etc.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Never ceases to amaze me how easy the divide and conquer strategy works!

There is a reason that all philosophy/religious belief can be boiled down to one phrase "'Know Thyself"

Through the simple exercise of meditation you can clear the attachments of the illusion aka the division created by our collective societies and in this state it is easy to see yourself in others, from this point empathy and compassion are the natural response!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:26 AM
a reply to: elementalgrove

That is a beautiful post OP. Thank you for the awesome story here

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:49 PM
a reply to: vArchon

Thank you!

Given how much negativity is focused upon over there I thought it would be nice to focus on the good as well!

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331pmFriday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:36 AM
a reply to: elementalgrove

My friends and i used to party a lot in nature raves. Too much drugs, infinite hours of awesome music tracks, and a lot of weird people- we were all as one there, just like you mentioned in your post.
I must say it could have been very interesting to party with my fellow Arab ravers from across the boarded.

edit on 28-3-2015 by vArchon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:10 PM
a reply to: vArchon

It is quite safe to say that our collective party family transcends all borders and nationality!

This is why the war on consciousness is as global as it is!

We can not have people exploring the realm of their own consciousness and seeing through the illusory mechanisms of control now can we!

Inevitably the tools (drugs) are no longer needed and you simply move into the realm of owning your true creative potential, that of infinite energy from source, used in all manner of creativity!

new topics