It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will anyone ever answer for the "trade" of Berghahl?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
(I hope that I have posted this in the correct place)

I guess I have a couple of questions about the people who orchestrated the trade of Berghahl from his "captivity"

1. At this point Berghahl HAS been charged with desertion. That should be enough for someone to have to answer to someone about why a trade was made for a "possible" criminal; not to mention answer about questions about the trade itself. Shouldn't they have done some kind of research on the situation?

2. Out of #1. Wasn't this kept from almost all government officials? Now can someone start an oversight committee to force them to show who was actually behind this whole thing?
edit on 3/26/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75
Obama's answer would be that he just heard about this on the news. Prior to that he was in the dark.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Good questions, all.
I believe this decision came from the highest level of government (read President Obama).
Obama was determined to close Gitmo...and a swap of these Talaban commanders was the only way he would be able to rationalize (in his mind) pulling them out of Guantanamo.

The FIVE he traded Bergdahl for were chosen from a list sent by the Talaban.

Will Obama pay a price for this? Who knows, but I doubt it. Bergdahl, himself, will probably be pardoned when Obama leaves office.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
sssChh! you are askIng too mAny questions...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
So here is my question:

Are we all responsible for those we vote into power? It's a very easy excuse to just say OI, once every four years I vote and Bam!!! My job is done.

So feckin fed up of people gettin on the whole let's call to blame our politicians.

Let's call to blame OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!

I am not American, but the truth is what it is. We have allowed this for decades and we find ourselves where we are so guess what? Wake the Fook up or STFU!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is a major issue, but no more than all the other scandals in our Government. Among Obama, Harry Reid and Hilary Clinton I am not sure who the biggest criminal / traitor is...I am guessing Obama because he is supposedly in charge, but he doesn't actually provide much leadership.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

There is a good case against the current administration for intentionally failing to disclose the deal to congress 30 days prior to the exchange.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus
Dont forget my favorite of all - Nancy Pelosi . To me , just the gaul of saying we have to pass it before you can see what is in it was enough for me.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Nobody will pay in this administration. Hillary didn't pay for any of her fumbles ie: Benghazi, breaking federal records act, getting caught sending cables to spy on our allies... Holder didn't pay for fast and furious and the numerous times he wire tapped the press... The IRS didn't pay for targeting conservatives and destroying evidence... Obama didn't pay for the illegal prisoner swap when it happened and he won't pay now either. They love to prosecute the hundreds of journalists that write stories that they don't agree with. They love to prosecute people in the other party (schock), but the "good for thee,but not for me" attitude that this admin has showed over the past 6 yrs has been nothing short of insane.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I really want to see someone be held accountable for this, but unfortunately if anyone IS held accountable, it'll probably be some stooge fall guy.

new topics

top topics

join