It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechnya offers arms to Mexico to fight United States

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Chechen parliamentary speakers are pretty stupid apparently. Kind of explains the past 20 years in that area of the world.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Canadian bacon could only do that with help from general eggs Benedict.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I was wondering that myself, just now...

Though, technically, Mexican SF (if rumour be true) working with the cartels could be construed as cassus belli. Though that would be stretching things more than a little...

As I understand it, Mexico, being equipped/supported by the U.S., is top of the line in terms of both equipment, and standards of training.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Considering the US already arms Mexico and trains Mexico forces this makes no sense. Then again Chechnya most likely has no idea how close US and Mexico ties are. I guess they did not notice the 2 frigates we gave Mexico in December. I bet Mexico is like thanks but, we do not need your junk.

I guess the obvious aspect people are somehow missing is that Chechnya wont be arming pro usa forces from Mexico, rather anti usa - rebel groups.
edit on pm818318262015-03-26T20:18:16-05:00082015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

edit on pm829318262015-03-26T20:29:45-05:00082015p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

referring to the Fast and Furious gun smuggling scandal? Nice! Great comment

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Absolutely not, how in the world would Mexico even think of taking sides against the country, the most powerful country, that it shares a border with, for a hand full of arms, really?

With reference to cassus belli of course.

And as they say in Spanish...Ni de Coña lol
edit on 26-3-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Ohh...hold on. do you mean the US might use that as such a cause? Now that would be stupid and antiproductive in the extreme!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This is obviously a geographical SNAFU. I'm guessing Ramzan Kadyrov was reading about Chichen Itza, Mexico and got confused. He probably believes Mexico sits somewhere deep in the Caucas mountains and is under attack from the USA...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
a reply to: lostbook

I read it yesterday and thought it was a funny propaganda stunt, just to show what the US is doing in the Ukraine.

Honestly, same here. I'm not sure what to think now, but if this is what Russia/Chechnya really intend to do then I guess the next step for them would be to convince the Mexicans (cartel) to start a war with the U.S. I highly doubt that will happen.

Russian supplied weapons or not, Mexico would not last too long..
edit on 26-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
if this is what Russia/Chechnya really intend to do then I guess the next step for them would be to convince the Mexicans (cartel) to start a war with the U.S. I highly doubt that will happen.

Honestly, it isn't too far removed from what's already going on along the border.
www.salon.com...

America doesn't see it as a war (yet) because US military personnel haven't gotten involved (yet), but I'm pretty sure the cartels believe they have made a declaration of war against America and, truth be told, against Mexico, too.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Good point. Then I guess if the U.S. decides to see it as a war, the "Cartel" will be in for a nice surprise....I don't think Russian supplied weapons will help them, I'm sure their U.S. supplied weapons are much better.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Oh, I absolutely agree.

It'd be suicidal.

To use something like that as a reason, for either side, to go to war?? Nahh. Especially two countries with such close ties as these two.

If anything happens it'll be both govts finally digging their heads out and dealing with the cartels.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Oh, I absolutely agree.

It'd be suicidal.

To use something like that as a reason, for either side, to go to war?? Nahh. Especially two countries with such close ties as these two.

If anything happens it'll be both govts finally digging their heads out and dealing with the cartels.

Which sadly leads us to the next point , does it not?

At what point in time do private armies, those in the hands of the uber-rich, become relevant on a world wide scale. I for one think that they may be relevant already. Fortunately I also think that the most powerful nation states are still capable of overcoming such power. For now!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

So the Chechens and mother Russia are getting along now?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Good point. Then I guess if the U.S. decides to see it as a war, the "Cartel" will be in for a nice surprise....I don't think Russian supplied weapons will help them, I'm sure their U.S. supplied weapons are much better.

This would be extraordinarily bad, though. I feel for the folks who live along the border on both sides right now. The Mexico side has an overmatched, ineffective government that the cartels either put on the payroll or have completely removed from the equation via executions and the US side has an inattentive federal government who seems to be doing everything in their power NOT to protect the US side of that border. God forbid the residents ever find themselves along the militarized zone...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Our standing as "the most powerful country" is now sadly debatable. China owns 30% of us.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

I read it yesterday and thought it was a funny propaganda stunt, just to show what the US is doing in the Ukraine.

I can't believe we actually agree on anything to do with Russia.

But I do agree.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Never mind the Russians and Mexicans ,it's Canadian Bacon that will take the USA down again ....we are just waiting for the snow to melt at the moment .

Lol

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Forgive me OP and no offence but...No one offers arms to a country and tells them who they should use them against, it just doesn't happen.
At best what happens is a country will offer arms to a country that is in conflict on the premise that those arms will help.

So here's the question: Since when has Mexico been at war with the USA?
SMH

150+ years ago?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: MrSpad
Considering the US already arms Mexico and trains Mexico forces this makes no sense. Then again Chechnya most likely has no idea how close US and Mexico ties are. I guess they did not notice the 2 frigates we gave Mexico in December. I bet Mexico is like thanks but, we do not need your junk.

I guess the obvious aspect people are somehow missing is that Chechnya wont be arming pro usa forces from Mexico, rather anti usa - rebel groups.

Good luck to them.

I bet the cartels wipe them out and take the weapons within a week.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join