It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Sci Fi Quotes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

HAAAAADEN !!!!!
-Contact

Loved the book movie wasn't bad but left out a lot of Haden's character….

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
"Before us lies a toppled god
his fall was not a small one
we did but build his pedestal
a narrow and a tall one."

Frank Herbert, 'Children of Dune'

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A few of my favs...

Terminator 2:
Sarah Connor: Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The Terminator would never stop. It would never leave him. It would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine was the only one that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.

[epilogue] The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it for the first time with a sense of hope, because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life ... maybe we can too.

John: [sees gate guard] Now, you gotta promise me you're not gonna kill anyone, right?
Terminator: Right.
John: Swear?
Terminator: What?
John: Just put up your hand and say, 'I swear I won't kill anyone.'
Terminator: [raises hand] I swear I will not kill anyone. [stands up, shoots guard's knees] He'll live.

Inception:
Cobb: What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere.

Interstellar:

“Do not go gentle into that good night; Old age should burn and rave at close of day. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.” —Dylan Thomas, as quoted by Professor Brand

“Love is the one thing that transcends time and space.” Brand

“We used to look up at the sky and wonder at our place in the stars, now we just look down and worry about our place in the dirt.” Cooper

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
"you keep what you kill' - Riddick

'It's an ugly planet. A bug planet.' - the reporter in Starship Troopers.

'big bada boom' - 5th Element

'Anyone else want to negotiate?' - 5th Element

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that' - 2001

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
A few SG1 quotes I like,

O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
O'Neill: Like what?
Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

While ggogleing the exact quotes i found this...

ATS Jack O'neal quotes thread.

link

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
nonspecific!!!
Thats what I was going to post. lol.
Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it. hahaha
Teal'c is awesome with his language barrier. lol.

more SG1 quotes,

Col. O'Neill: Oh, I got in a little wrestling match with Carter.
Dr. Jackson: Why?
Col. O'Neill: I guess she's got whatever Johnson's got. Had to drag her off to the infirmary.
Dr. Jackson: What, did she start a fight with you, like Johnson did with Teal'c?
Col. O'Neill: No, she, uh, tried to seduce me.[pause]
Dr. Jackson: Oh. [pause] You poor man...

--

Teal'c: The destruction of the hammer device in order to save my life may have caused this. If so, I am responsible.
Jack: General, I gave the order.
Daniel: I fired the staff at the machine.
Sam: And I was...there.

Jack: [Teal'c is doing a spacewalk] Say something!
Teal'c: One small step for Jaffa.
Jack: Very nice.

Should start an SG1 quote thread. lol

en.wikiquote.org...
www.quora.com...

so many funny quotes. love the series.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
2001 series;"its full of stars!!"

REal genius: Mitch: "And from now on, stop playing with yourself."
Kent: "It is God!"

Great quotes.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Hehe, I own that movie but haven't watched it in a while.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know this is heresy but I actually haven't seen 2001 lol. I have tried, but couldn't get past the opening sequence. I will give it a try.... eventually...

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread so I expect it is in there somewhere but my favourite is...

"I ain't got time to bleed." from Predator.... Blain... A.K.A Jesse Ventura!!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

Repeats are ok

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is it vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V.
Evey Hammond: Are you like a crazy person?
V: I'm quite sure they will say so.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
“I told you that 'juvenile delinquent' is a contradiction in terms. 'Delinquent' means 'failing in duty.' But duty is an adult virtue—indeed a juvenile becomes an adult when, and only when, he acquires a knowledge of duty and embraces it as dearer than the self-love he was born with. There never was, there cannot be a 'juvenile delinquent.' But for every juvenile criminal there are always one or more adult delinquents—people of mature years who either do not know their duty, or who, knowing it, fail.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I watched the episode of B5 with this in it last night:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
I watched the episode of B5 with this in it last night:

I love B5 but Londo's charecter is one of the saddest in scifi IMO.

I love that even B5 took the time to throw in some humour!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

So true, he gets what he wants, but the price is terrible.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
TAANSTAFL - Heinlein, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

"You gotta be ******* kidding me!" - John Carpenter's The Thing

"You know what I hate about the obvious? Missing it." - Dr. Who

posted on Oct, 2 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
These are a few of my favourite Sci Fi quotes:

Babylon 5- Jeffrey Sinclair:" Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics, and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe, and Lao-Tzu, and Einstein, and Morobuto, and Buddy Holly, and Aristophanes…[and] all of this…all of this…was for nothing. Unless we go to the stars."

Dune- Litany Against Fear: “I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Jurassic Park- Dr. Ian Malcom: "I don't want to think about what I will wear in the morning. Truly, can you imagine anything more boring than fashion? Professional sports, perhaps."

Star Trek: The Next Generation- Jean-Luc Picard: "What the devil"

More to come. Please add your own!

m.youtube.com...
Best insults from Avon in Blake 7
Anyone remember.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join