It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man fatally shoots himself after eating 5 marijuana candies.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

The gungho users who puff everyday every chance they get are the most vocal and hurt the pot legalization movement. There are certainly some examples in this thread.

These fanatical users (abusers) expect to be able to do it everywhere and anywhere and in front of anyone and be accepted. Perhaps I should rephrase in the future and not blame the pot for them being losers, they are just losers even if they didn't have the pot. I still contend people shy away from hiring losers.

People do things in life because they enjoy doing things or they dont. The average person living would rather be able to do things in their life that they enjoy, than not be able to do things in their life they enjoy. If a person enjoys ingesting pot, as a person does alcohol or cigarettes or cookies, as a person enjoys going water skiing or playing ping pong or collecting furniture, why is the person who has a relationship with the material that is pot a worse person in your eyes than a person who has a relationship with obtaining other materials, relatively obsessively?

So go get a prescription of the stuff in your childproof container and blow your mind when not at work endangering the public or behind the wheel of a vehicle while you are tripping out. Just don't go eat a handful of laced candies with a pistol in your pocket, you might have a bad trip like this guy in the story did, he's not enjoying anything anymore.
edit on 30-3-2015 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90
a reply to: TinfoilTP

How are every day users hurting the movement? Accourding to this story it's random people not knowing what they are doing, that are going to far. Also please see my post to you above about how calling people losers is against T&C and please tell me why it's ok for you to break T&C but as soon as someone does it that doesn't support your view you are quick to call them out. Calling some one a loser is just that name calling. We should all be a lot more mature than that and be able to hold a conversation with out resorting to such a childish and unproductive form of communication.

You need to look at context, loser opposite winner, I was making a sport analogy where peoples behaviors are examined to determine if they are the opposite of a winner ie a loser, the argument being sports don't pay for losers if it is a known factor. People with drug problems are just that, problems all the way around and get passed over in favor of non users, welcome to the real world.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So your telling me no professional athlete consumes alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, or a whole plethora of other prescription drugs. I think you need to step into the real world. Not every person in the real world can be generalised the way you like to put people into groups and label them as you see fit. People are individuals. All people who consume cannabis do fail in life. All black people are not criminals, All Hispanics are not illeagle aliens. All gay people are not flamboyant. Your anology doesn't work, come up with a new one.
edit on 30-3-2015 by BGTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

So your telling me no professional athlete consumes alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, or a whole plethora of other prescription drugs. I think you need to step into the real world. Not every person in the real world can be generalised the way you like to put people into groups and label them as you see fit. People are individuals. All people who consume cannabis do fail in life. All black people are not criminals, All Hispanics are not illeagle aliens. All gay people are not flamboyant. Your anology doesn't work, come up with a new one.

As soon as they find out they have a problem, they are usually unemployed or sent to rehab, without pay.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

So go get a prescription of the stuff in your childproof container and blow your mind when not at work endangering the public or behind the wheel of a vehicle while you are tripping out. Just don't go eat a handful of laced candies with a pistol in your pocket, you might have a bad trip like this guy in the story did, he's not enjoying anything anymore.

No I think Marijuana should be illegal because people who are not responsible can have access to them. With that perspective though I think guns are more of a priority to make illegal because there have been more deaths due to their irresponsible use in a year than marijuana in the history of its existence.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Your telling me if it's found out a player drinks a cup of coffee or an energy drink a day they are fired or sent to rehab?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Your telling me if it's found out a player drinks a cup of coffee or an energy drink a day they are fired or sent to rehab?

Nice try comparing pot to coffee.
People are given coffee to go operate heavy equipment.

Your extreme nonsensical approach is an example of what hurts the legalize pot movement.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So some one needs a substance to do their job?

Hm, must be a loser.

How do you think everyday coffee drinkers do without their coffee?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Um complosive caffeine consumption is a drug problem is it not? Caffeine is literally thousands of times more harmfull to your body than cannabinoids. Or let's look at sugar one of the most addictive and harmful pyscoactive drugs on the market. Yet we throw it out like well candy. I don't have children nor plan too, but I would give my child cannabis way before I would let them sugar. I think it's time for society to look at the real unhealthy scourges of humanity and leave this harmless plant alone. How many people have died from consuming cannabis? Now how many people have died because of the "War on Drugs"?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

So accourding to your logic cars, knives, I mean hell people hang themselves all the time so should ropes be illegal? Plus just because you make something illegal doesn't mean people are not going to get a hold of it. Have you heard of drug cartels? Direct effect of making drugs illegal. Or how about the fact that sense drugs are illegal they are often cut with some times deadly substances and people die from that. Prohibition Does Not Work!

PS you don't think the people at Nintendo made a plumber eating mushrooms and getting powers with out being a little bit high?

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

No I think Marijuana should be illegal because people who are not responsible can have access to them. With that perspective though I think guns are more of a priority to make illegal because there have been more deaths due to their irresponsible use in a year than marijuana in the history of its existence.

That's some great logic you've got there... let's just pass laws against everything potentially dangerous because, ya know, someone irresponsible could have access.

Pathetic.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   

As soon as they find out they have a problem, they are usually unemployed or sent to rehab, without pay.

Just stop with the generalizations. You really don't have a shred of a clue what you're talking about.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

In this logic so should Alcohol and tobacco be illegal since it actually kills people world wide. How many people have died due to
drunk drivers? You know what better yet, how many people have died to people using their cellphones while driving? I guess by your logic we should make cellphones illegal because irresponsible people have access to them.
edit on 30-3-2015 by Bandiztik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

That's some great logic you've got there... let's just pass laws against everything potentially dangerous because, ya know, someone irresponsible could have access.

Pathetic.

It was a satirical response attempting to potentially express a similarity with his argument and the supposed likelihood that he is someone who believes 'guns should be legal'.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Pathetic.

It was a satirical response attempting to potentially express a similarity with his argument and the supposed likelihood that he is someone who believes 'guns should be legal'.

Excellent. I wanted to add you to my imaginary ignore list for a second there.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yeah I jumped the gun there and honestly I apologize, after reading your other posts which I should have I now feel like a d**k.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Yeah I'm sorry also. I can never understand sarcasm throught reading text and end up make a fool of my self.
Hope all is well.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Just wanted to update this story.

Coroner Regan Wood told CBS4 that toxicology results show Goodman was positive for THC “with a quantitative level of 3.1 nanograms,” below the 5.0 level which constitutes impaired for driving in Colorado.

Goodman’s mother, Kim, told CBS4 she believes her son’s ingestion of edibles led him to kill himself, “It was 100 percent the drugs.”

“There were no other drugs or alcohol in his system,” said Wood. “The level considered to be legally impaired for driving with THC is 5.0. Since his level was lower than that it will not be listed on the death certificate as a contributing factor.”

Source

This should put an end to this tragedy. The young man was not stable in my mind. We need to stop blaming a flower for the flaws in our society and us...

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

A proper followup. Starred.

I dont blame the parents for the witch hunt. They are grieving their loss. They will never think otherwise. It was their son.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
wrong thread

edit on 27-4-2015 by angus1745 because: mispost

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join