It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking news - Egyptian ships fire at iranian fleet while ago

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

Even that article states 'unverified sources'.

I'm not saying it definitely hasn't happened....but I'd prefer to wait for some sort of verification from another source.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

here is a last one in english I found, defence-blog.com...

The best thing is to wait for more info. I agree.

link   
a reply to: crazyewok

My question about lesser evils revolved around government and not the people of those 2 countries.

link   
Shia Houthi have been playing revolution for a while so why all of a sudden is this coalition of Islamic countries making a stand, why now? Who benefits from this escalation between these countries and the negativity directed at Iran? Just when American foreign policy was starting to make logical sense in this region we are on the edge of a new far more dangerous middle eastern war.

If only these countries that are on the offensive in yemen could pull this type of cooperation and determination to rid the region of ISIL.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Any one remember the 80s mini series (or movie I dont remember which) named "Countdown to Looking Glass" ?It was Canadian made and shown widely on tv here in the US. The events from of late and the possible firing of warning shots by the Egyptian Navy on some Iranian ships is following the outline of the show very closely .Concerning .

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Because Saudi Arabia and Egypt aren't keen to allowing an Iranian proxy in that area.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Exactly, mate. Exactly. We all know what the Saudis are like so why do we do it? Maybe it's the oil thing?

I agree entirely with what you say here. Stay out of it and let the barbarians fight it out amongst themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

My question about lesser evils revolved around government and not the people of those 2 countries.

Again:
Iran have not threatened me. They have not hurt me.

Saudi terrorists though have attacked my country and yours.

Honestly though?

I would pick NEITHER.
Both are equally bad to get into bed with.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

If only these countries that are on the offensive in yemen could pull this type of cooperation and determination to rid the region of ISIL.

But that would mean fighting against Wahhabi Sunni extremists and not Shia extremists - that really is the top and bottom of it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz
Shia Houthi have been playing revolution for a while so why all of a sudden is this coalition of Islamic countries making a stand, why now?

Because the President of Yemen is hiding out in the South...unable to govern anymore.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

which has what to do with Iran destabilizing Yemen?

in case you didn't know the Houthis are backed by Iran.

I'm not sure this story is real or not. But this is simply Sunni versus the Twelvers. You can find the differences defined here by a Sunni site - i thought it was interesting. Shia v Sunni

V
edit on 3/26/2015 by Variable because: small v

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

but this proxy has been in the area for a while, consistently making gains in Yemen so why did they wait until this point to start a war with the Houthi? Why not last week, or last month or last year? Is it just a coincidence that they decided to intervene at the same time we have America and Iran making gains on a diplomatic solution to Iran's nuclear ambitions?

link   
never mind.
edit on 26-3-2015 by MysterX because: removed post

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Shia Houthi have been playing revolution for a while so why all of a sudden is this coalition of Islamic countries making a stand, why now?

Because the President of Yemen is hiding out in the South...unable to govern anymore.

Actually he was able to flee by boat and is currently in the Saudi capital.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

But that would mean fighting against Wahhabi Sunni extremists and not Shia extremists - that really is the top and bottom of it.

Surely Shias are the better bet. They sort of accept their Christians minority don't they?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Actually he was able to flee by boat and is currently in the Saudi capital.

Smart man! It's going to be a long bloody battle to get his replacement back in power. Leaders that run away are rarely welcomed back.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Surely Shias are the better bet. They sort of accept their Christians minority don't they?

I'm not sure....it s a bit like having to choose between Hitler and Stalin or Mao and Pol Pot.
Extremists are extremists just as despots are despots whatever race, colour or creed they choose to be.

Iran is far from perfect and has a poor record of human rights abuse.....but then again so has Saudi Arabia.
The difference is that Iran, and by extension Shia's, are demonised whilst similar excesses and abuses of Wahhabi Sunni Saudi Arabia are conveniently ignored and 'we' defend them to the hilt - hypocrisy and double standards of the highest order.

Wahhabism and some of its supporters in Saudi provided the inspiration and support for the creation of the Sunni extremists IS.....yet still we support them.
And that is why Saudi Arabia will never provide any significant support in the war against IS yet will do everything to prevent the Shia Houthis in Yemen.

The link provided by Variable gives a basic, if one-sided, overview of some of the differences between Sunni's and Shia's.

On a personal note - just as ewok testifies; I've met some great Iranians and am quite close to three.
Can't say I've ever met a Saudi who I've hit it off with.
Yet I despise the governments of both nations equally.

'We' really need to keep the hell out of it and see what remains once they've finished kicking the crap out of each other.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

it's easy... the beauty of this game is this:

So rebels at Syria are ok! And we (U.S. Saudi Arabia, et al) need to give them weapons to fight the "evil" Assad. But wait, at Yemen, those rebels need to go!! Who they think they are to fight against their leader...ah!? ok!! I get it! this rebels don't like Saudi Arabia or the US... so it's ok to go their and kill them all!!

here is some evidence: Fugitive Yemeni president arrives in Riyadh

Yemen's fugitive president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi has arrived in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, as the Saudi regime pushes ahead with its airstrikes against the homeland of the fugitive president.

Clearly this guy didn't had the support of is people. That's why he run. On the other hand Assad clearly haves the support of it's people and that's why He is still in power since the so called "revolution" in 2011.

Everything makes sense. We can very well understand who is behind the insurgences and for what purposes.

liars and more backstabbing liars in government and in the western media. crazy game, indeed..

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
And here we sit, don't we, like armchair generals. Wondering if it's all true and if it is, what can it all mean.

I really don't believe there is anybody here who can know what these moves mean for two reasons.

First: We have no idea where the chips may fall as we are none of us in possession of all the facts.

Second: The very nature of war is chaotic, hell if it wasn't we could just plan a damn war.

So we sit here, and we debate, and we prophesise, and we feel really good about how intelligent we are.

Meanwhile, in the real world, people die, bombs land, moves and counter-moves have effects and repercussions.

One day you know, we will actually all stop being armchair admirers, we will say enough is enough, hell, we may even stand up and say NO MORE!!!

One day.

One day I guess.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Egypt ready to send ground forces to Yemen!

www.theguardian.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join