It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial 'religious freedom' bill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
a reply to: Annee

I choose to support people who don't chant "death to America"

I haven't chosen to lump all Christians in with Westboro.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

After all, so you stop buying pepsi and choose the other guy. Guess who owns the other guy. Oh, you're gonna drink tea now huh. Guess who owns them???

Oh, I know. I worked for Sara Lee for a few years. I think it was called American Consolidated before adopting Sara Lee as the corporate name.

They own everything. Actually, there's only about 3 corporations that own every product in America.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Bigotry is a blight, history will not look back well on this governor nor this senate. Their legacy will be viewed poorly in time, just as we do at the people stopping blacks from going to college or women going to vote.

No it won't.

I'm old enough to remember George Wallace being heralded as the Great White Hope saving the South.

Didn't take long before his downgrade. Kinda like a lead weight on a slicked up slide.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Thousands of people gathered in downtown Indianapolis on Saturday

INDIANAPOLIS — Thousands of people gathered in downtown Indianapolis on Saturday to protest the passage this week of a controversial "religious freedom" law that critics say could allow discrimination against gays and lesbians. The protesters chanted and held signs as they marched from Monument Circle to the Indiana Statehouse to express their displeasure with Republican Gov. Mike Pence, who signed the legislation Thursday. "No hate in our state," "Whose State? Our State!" and "Fix the bill" were some of the chants heard in the background at the rally. An unidentified State Police trooper estimated that as many as 3,000 were in attendance at the height of the rally, www.usatoday.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's not about religion. It's people specifically attacking Christians. If a Jewish bakery in New York City didn't want to make a gay cake and told the people to "Get the # outta here!", nobody around would bat an eye. If a Muslim run bakery refused to do it, nobody would say a damn thing. If it was a bakery run by black people, nobody would say anything for fear of looking "racist" and "oppressing the black man". It's not about religious discrimination. It's about attacking white Christians because it's the popular thing to do.

People pick out some small town Christian thing run by white people and use that as some moral crusade. The reason they attack Christians is because Christians are supposed to be all peaceful and "turn the other cheek". Soon as a Christian fights back, people attack them for "Not being real Christians", which is the same as saying, "Hey! You're not supposed to fight back! You're supposed to be all peace and love and let me attack you so I feel special!". It's the same as PETA attacking old ladies in furs instead of bikers in leather. Just a bunch of loud cowardly idealistic hippies trying to get a high off "making the world a better place" by attacking others and trying to drive people out of business.

And the whole thing about comparing homosexuals to racism and such is idiotic. Homosexuality is a sexual preference. Homosexuality is not a race, religion, or anything else but a sexual preference. Bestiality and BDSM are no different than homosexuality. It's a sexual preference. If we're going to have "gay pride" parades we need to have Bestiality and BDSM parades. It's only fair.

And as for people accepting homosexuality, one grown man shoving his johnson up another grown man's ass will never be seen as "normal". No matter how many idealistic hippies try to act all "enlightened". Just let some fat hairy gay guy start flirting with them and we'll see how long that pro-gay mentality lasts. It's all about "moral superiority" till some fat guy starts rubbing your balls and telling you "You smell pretty".

These people are nothing but pawns of government propagandists. Never mind people dying in other countries. Never mind the complete lack of spy satellite evidence over Ukraine, despite our spy satellites being able to see you taking a piss in your back yard. Never mind the spread of Ebola, including the recent announcement by Guinea that they have another Ebola emergency. Never mind that the European Union's collective economy is trashed. Never mind the unemployment levels and lack of economic growth in the States. Never mind that even the UK is backing a China based world bank that further removes economic power from the States. Lets all have a big media frenzy over some white Christians not wanting to make a faggot cake! Because that's how you keep the sheeple from noticing what you're really doing.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't wanna sound all patriotic, or anything, but if you don't like it in Indiana, you can always move to Russia.

I watched a Putin documentary which attributes him to saying (about all pervs) 'we'll waste them in outhouses'.

So in Russia you can't even go to the bathroom! (unless you're against alternate choice lifestyles)

God knows what Putin would do, let's say, if they find a dildo under your floorboards.

But I'll bet Pence would not bat an eyelash over this.
Probably sees one every day. Worry about Putin, not Pence.
Just covering all the angles here; there are sinister forces (hard at work) trying to muddle things.

And now he wants to build a highway from Siberia to Alaska.
Why? So he can expand the hunt?
That's not some bridge to nowhere we're talking about.

Putin's Highway. Isis. And now, this. Say. What's really going on?

And at the same time, 'they' confiscate more and more guns, and create wish lists for Constitutional Ruin (see Chicago bike tax/licensing scheme/chronic national-city gun grab calls from Arch Zionista Rahm), while we worry about a few Ma and Pa restaurants and other soon to be destroyed establishments where hate still festers and is allowed to be heard, in this once great nation of far ranging choices! I'd say that everything's working into quite a mess, not to mention the Methane everywhere.

# 406
edit on 29-3-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Trihalo42

LOL....Wow....Get help and fast.

To everyone on this thread who talked about how different people are today. How much more enlightened and all that. I present to you the perfect example of why you're wrong. Meet Trihalo42. Tri Halo, yep, that was expected. Same insane babble and invalid arguments.

Welcome to the 21st century.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It will be interesting how this plays out. Could mean more jobs/biz for Colorado if businesses boycott states that have discriminatory laws on the books.

Go figure, businesses discriminating against states that discriminate. Be careful what you wish for. I heard a convention or two is having second thoughts about the Indiana location.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
tolerance is the wrong word for the solution to this problem. love is the right word for the solution to this problem. love your neighbor as yourself. note that it doesn't have any prerequisites such as skin color, religion, gender, lack of religion, sexual alignment , political party, race, monetary status or country of origin. it doesn't say you must first make a judgement call on their life decisions, ethnicity, sex life and so on.

edit on 29-3-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
When this goes down we are going to see some "Holy Sh*t" go down.

Christian Leaders Promise Civil Disobedience If SCOTUS 'Legalizes' So-Called 'Gay Marriage'

I just hope that everyone is actually prepared for this. We're going to have our very own version of Religious Extremism right here in the old U.S of A. Not sure if they'll rank up there with Boko Haram and ISIS or not but it's looking like a very interesting future in store for everyone.

I just hope nobody decides to sell arms to both sides like they do everywhere else.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

When this goes down we are going to see some "Holy Sh*t" go down.

Christian Leaders Promise Civil Disobedience If SCOTUS 'Legalizes' So-Called 'Gay Marriage'

I just hope that everyone is actually prepared for this. We're going to have our very own version of Religious Extremism right here in the old U.S of A. Not sure if they'll rank up there with Boko Haram and ISIS or not but it's looking like a very interesting future in store for everyone.

I just hope nobody decides to sell arms to both sides like they do everywhere else.

i can guarantee you, most christians will have no part in that.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
i can guarantee you, most christians will have no part in that.

Yah, I'm glad to say that I agree with you. If most of them did then it would be full on civil war.

However, ISIS isn't most of Islam either and you can see what a problem they are. There are some very big name leaders who are spear heading this whole rebellion too and they have a lot of influence and money and resources at their finger tips. Even worse is that they have many followers who have been indoctrinated in to believing that this is their calling in life. These groups are like cults and can be very dangerous people.

Hopefully the real Christians out there will do what they can to stop it as well. Not that there is a whole lot anyone can really do against fanatics. They aren't generally the type to talk things out.

What a mess. As if there aren't a million other things going on in the world right now to have to worry about, we have to throw this on the pile too.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Trihalo42

it isn't that they aren't real christians when they fight back. it's that is not on the list of things we need to be sweating bullets over. it's the natural state of being human to defend oneself, but somethings don't need to be defended against. when a person is born gay (and they literally are born that way in many cases), they don't do it deliberately or as an attack on religion or society. it's just the way they are designed, biologically.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

sounds like creeping dominionism. for a fascinating look at the topic, see this christian radio interview
www.pidradio.com...

or you can listen to it here or download it
pidradio.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

I totally agree. In fact is was here at ATS where I first heard of dominionism. It's pretty crazy stuff. At least for those of us who are more secular anyway. Although it may even be even more creepy for those of faith being that they are even more familiar with the inner society of the church and all.

Just as a reminder of how far some Religious Organizations can go you only need to look at one of the more recent ones, Scientology. They make a few waves here and there but are fairly quiet for the most part for the things they've actually done. They've infiltrated our Government in what is considered the single largest infiltration of our Government in History. It was called Operation Snow White.

People are just too damn dangerous when they stop thinking for themselves. We think we're so advanced but we're just a bunch of stupid, dangerous monkey's with guns.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

personally, i don't think any humans today are capable of dispensing god's government. only jesus had that going on and he isn't here yet. the idea we christians have to force it so that jesus will come back, is not even remotely biblical.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

It's not just the Extreme Christian Sects that are doing it either. The same is happening with the Radicals of Islam and Judaism too. All three groups have their "End Times" that they've been waiting for for so long that each one of them have splintered into little sub groups who've decided to speed things up. Oddly enough, I don't think that is how it's supposed to work though. When it talks about certain signs and things happening, I'm pretty sure that means things will go according to how they are supposed to go and it's not our place to be pushing things along.

But of course I'm in no position to say either way. It's all pretty insane to me. But I do believe that "if" there is a "End Times" in our future that is within our lifetime. It won't be because the Lord is Returning. It will be the Self Fulfilled Prophesy brought about by a bunch of Religious Nut jobs who just couldn't wait for things to run their course and decided to play god instead wait for him.

It will be easy to know the difference if or when it happens because I'm fairly sure that God won't be using Nukes which is most likely what the Nut jobs will try and use.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

you should listen to that interview i linked. i added a direct link to the show's mp3. the guy gives countless references from the new testament, for why dominionism is not biblical.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I'm listening to it as I type this. I downloaded it. Thanx.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

I'm listening to it as I type this. I downloaded it. Thanx.

let me know what you got out of it. what i took away from it was, if you want to get rid of christianity, just support the dominionists

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join