It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial 'religious freedom' bill

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Answer

Back when you and I first interacted in this thread I asked you a simple, honest question. Your reply was - not polite

The question was the thing - and the only thing

What are laws for? Why is whites only no longer acceptable? Was it wrong to tamper with all that? Should we go back to those times?

The world is a different place. Racism still exists but the public, in general, has little tolerance for it.

Any business that tries to operate as "white's only" will either go out of business or will attract a racist customer base that keeps them afloat. Either way, the rest of us will know which places to avoid if we don't want to give our money to assholes.

The Civil Rights Act was absolutely necessary at the time. Now, with the internet and a wider-held belief in equality, the market would absolutely take care of the problem.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah, let's just wait around and let Religion abuse and discriminate against gays.

They can tough it out. Someone's going to come to their rescue, maybe ----- eventually.

That's OK. Doesn't affect me.

Much better that government doesn't interfere and tell businesses they have to serve ALL the public.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Yeah, let's just wait around and let Religion abuse and discriminate against gays.

They can tough it out. Someone's going to come to their rescue, maybe ----- eventually.

Much better that government doesn't interfere and tell businesses they have to serve ALL the public.

You act like, if left unchecked, it would be a massively widescale problem. You're overstating just a bit.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Any business that tries to operate as "white's only" will either go out of business or will attract a racist customer base that keeps them afloat. Either way, the rest of us will know which places to avoid if we don't want to give our money to assholes.

Believe me, I totally understand what you're saying here. I also agree that having these people exposed as who they really are is helpful in finding out who the A-holes are in the world.

However, I'm not talking about those people. I'm talking about the business in which they operate and the fact that Gov. does have the right and reason for regulating it's practice. Just like they do for safety reasons within a business. Health code laws, right to work laws, etc.

Because what also happens is when you allow for People to gather in groups or businesses like that they tend to take matters into their own hands and become violent over them. We don't need businesses both large and small being used as weapons against people nor do we need people gathering together burning down businesses either. Because that is what eventually happens, don't kid yourself. At least with individuals things are allowed to happen on a more personal level.

Imagine if some of the larger corporations decided to discriminate. How easily would it be to stop an international corporation operating all over the world??? They don't need the local population to make it. They can go right on ahead and operate in all sorts of ways and abuse people regardless of them boycotting them or not. Ever seen what Big Tobacco does in 3rd world countries??? Or pepsico??? Or Big Energy Companies??

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Annee

You act like, if left unchecked, it would be a massively widescale problem. You're overstating just a bit.

No. It's being "checked". But, it's still happening.

The law passed, and 23 more have been filed.

Overstating? Making "Special Rights" of the religious to discriminate a bigger deal then it is?

edit on 28-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

The Civil Rights Act was absolutely necessary at the time. Now, with the internet and a wider-held belief in equality, the market would absolutely take care of the problem.

Then why this law? How is it that this law is even possible in the year 2015 if we're so far along?

Why should we tolerate this law if we won't tolerate bigotry?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Some of you may find this interesting.

Anti-LGBT Legislation PDF

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
No one will ever respect the wishes of someone religious beliefs... unless its Islam of course.

With that being said, I'm tired of people of the gay community forcing people to go along with their lifestyle, while not respecting anyone's wishes .. not to.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Some of you may find this interesting.

Anti-LGBT Legislation PDF

The "Family Values" people (I still find that name ironic) know they've lost the Marriage Equality fight in America.

So they're coming up with these discrimatory bills all across the country.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It's no biggie. Normally, persons don't ferret out someone else's sexual proclivities.

This Pence fellow…he probably isn't going around
building Empire out of this?

Is he?

You could probably still grab a quick bite at many of the joints, just like regular folk do. It's not like they would know.

This ain't the NSA, you see, just a bunch of backwoods type who failed sex ed or something.
They're probably not gonna be able to find you out, or even wonder about it.
The sign on the door should suffice to make them (the haters of LGBT and alternate styles etc) feel safe.

So don't worry about it, because no body's going to find out.

I'd keep an eye on that pay phone though, and maybe sit in a corner so you can see everyone.

# 405
edit on 28-3-2015 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
No one will ever respect the wishes of someone religious beliefs... unless its Islam of course.

With that being said, I'm tired of people of the gay community forcing people to go along with their lifestyle, while not respecting anyone's wishes .. not to.

Always love the Islam attacks in support of Christians.

Please learn the difference between Lifestyle and Orientation.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Never said anything about Christianity.

Real eyes realize real lies.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Never said anything about Christianity.

Real eyes realize real lies.

Hmmm, as I try not to specify any religion and use the term Religious instead. Mostly.

So, you're anti-Islam, but not Christian. Correct?

Still need to differentiate between Lifestyle and Orientation.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is one of the worst state bills I've seen since moving here.

Good news is businesses like Angies list will now move shop, taking 40 million in revenue and state jobs in disgust, pretty sure when millions invest elsewhere the idiot bigot governor and state law makers will whistle a new tune.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Wrong again. Not Islam, Christianity, Wicca, Zen Buddhists, Jedi, Voodoo or any other. So you can stop with "Persecution" and "Victim Complex" BS.

The Gay community isn't forcing you to go along with their lifestyle. They want to be treated like everyone else. They don't want to be treated Gay. They want to be treated in the same disinterested, half ignored, non-special way that you treat everyone else.

But if they ask for more than that, then you have my permission to call them on it and say no. Feel better now.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
This is one of the worst state bills I've seen since moving here.

Good news is businesses like Angies list will now move shop, taking 40 million in revenue and state jobs in disgust, pretty sure when millions invest elsewhere the idiot bigot governor and state law makers will whistle a new tune.

I really, really, really hope the business boycott does enough damage to make other states think twice about trying to do the same thing.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I choose to support people who don't chant "death to America"

a reply to: mOjOm

While people do call them on it and say no, they try to get hard working business owners put out of business, instead of find a business that will service them. Intolerance.

LBGT aren't looking for acceptance, they are looking for control, even though they already have it.
edit on 28-3-2015 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I totally agree. I hope the boycotts work and people rise to the occasion and we all happy ever after and skip down the street in a big Equality Orgy.

But I'm not holding my breath for it. If that was going to work it would have worked already. Boycotts haven't stopped Nike from having sweatshops or pepsico from hijacking 3rd world populations and installing plants there. They haven't stopped Big Tobacco from doing the same as pepsico.

After all, so you stop buying pepsi and choose the other guy. Guess who owns the other guy. Oh, you're gonna drink tea now huh. Guess who owns them??? Think you can escape by drinking water eh??? Sorry, Nestle will have that all purchased here in a few years too. Have fun drinking your own pee for a while until you come to your senses and quit all this boycott madness and just let the corps do what they want. (Yes, I realize this is an extreme example. I exaggerate to clarify.)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I hope so. I'm really not sure how anyone can support bigotry? It is a little disheartening that given America's track record on fighting to overturn it and drive it from their states, that in 2015 it still comes up.

Bigotry is a blight, history will not look back well on this governor nor this senate. Their legacy will be viewed poorly in time, just as we do at the people stopping blacks from going to college or women going to vote.
edit on 28-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

LBGT aren't looking for acceptance, they are looking for control, even though they already have it.

Well, you show me the Gay Army that's coming to demand you join them in their gayness and I'll take up arms with you and fight against the Gay Take over of America.

Until then, you're paranoid and swinging at shadows.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join