It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial 'religious freedom' bill

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

1. How will proprietors in Indiana make sure that their customers are acceptable to their religious beliefs?

Perhaps those unacceptable to religious businesses will have to wear an armband or have a symbol stitched on their clothing.
And have official documents to be surrendered to the authorities when asked.

Sound familiar?
edit on 30-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You don't "have" to respect anything.

And any law that demands it, is doomed to failure.

Just surprised so many would embrace disrespect.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I never said this church would make you have to oppose anything you think or believe and I never said this church would have to hate people

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You seem to be confused about the law.

The government is not demanding you to respect anyone's beliefs.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Front page of the Indiananapolis Star tomorrow: FIX THIS NOW!

From the alleged article Indianapolis Star:

We are at a critical moment in Indiana's history.

And much is at stake.

Our image. Our reputation as a state that embraces people of diverse backgrounds and makes them feel welcome. And our efforts over many years to retool our economy, to attract talented workers and thriving businesses, and to improve the quality of life for millions of Hoosiers.

All of this is at risk because of a new law, the Religious Freedom Restoration Act, that no matter its original intent already has done enormous harm to our state and potentially our economic future.

The consequences will only get worse if our state leaders delay in fixing the deep mess created.

Half steps will not be enough. Half steps will not undo the damage.

Only bold action — action that sends an unmistakable message to the world that our state will not tolerate discrimination against any of its citizens — will be enough to reverse the damage.

Gov. Mike Pence and the General Assembly need to enact a state law to prohibit discrimination in employment, housing, education and public accommodations on the basis of a person's sexual orientation or gender identity.

Those protections and RFRA can co-exist. They do elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Yep it needs to be fixed ASAP or their economy will be in the dumps.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Oh fun

And Old Pencey has made it clear he will not add LGBT to the anti-discrimination list.

This could be good in a way - - - as many other states are trying to pass similar laws.

Let them be warned.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Reading the comments from the Indianapolis Star led me to this gem:

'I Abhor Discrimination': Gov. Pence Pins Need for Indiana Religious Freedom Law on Obamacare

Pence said his support for the law was driven by the 2010 Affordable Care Act, which he said "renewed concerns about government infringement on deeply held religious beliefs."

www.nbcnews.com...

Uh Oh, this Gem seems to have gone viral.

It even showed up on the Sports News Portal.

edit on 30-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Like a scarlet A?

Or something more recent.

I hear you.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

The most recent is Jewish badge
That's what he was referring to.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: mOjOm

Just surprised so many would embrace disrespect.

No it's not. You don't have to respect anyone. This law doesn't say you have to respect anyone.

But your business has no reason not to do business with them like you would anyone else in their position.

It's not about ethics or morals. It's about treating all human being like human beings as far as business is concerned. That's it. It's actually a no brainer for everyone except Religious people who stubbornly refuse to treat people equally.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The most recent is Jewish badge
That's what he was referring to.

I would have thought pink triangle, but what do I know?

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Oh yes you are right. Jews had to wear their badges and homosexuals their pink triangle badges. Both were the latest.

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Personally (and I don't know why it should), it shocks me that modern Americans in Indiana can have such a mindset. We are talking about supposedly educated people seeking a freedom through law to be intolerant of others. Perhaps, it is time that large businesses in that county moved out, pressured by their patrons elsewhere in the country who refuse to do business with them, because any business that continues to operate in Indiana whilst this law is in effect, is condoning intolerance and discrimination by proxy.

So poisonous this 'don't-blame-me-blame-God' law truly is. Indiana has allowed the sun to shine on its idiocy for the whole world to see, and the world is laughing and rolling its eyes at those daft Americans yet again. Is it something in the water?

Are the people of Indiana really that base? Are they not wondering just how the hell such ridicule can ensue from their figures of authority? Do they really believe they have elected the right competent people?

America. You can be such a wonderful country, but at times, you truly take the piss!

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I don't see a problem here.. what happen to a business having the right to refuse service to someone for any reason?

I believe this was an agenda by the gay community to create the media fiasco that they have.. Seriously, you walk into a Christian owned business and order a same sex wedding cake? How in your face is that? I might as well walk into a Jewish kosher meat store and order pork or better yet a Muslim store and order pork chops.. then when they refuse me , scream, cry, whine, fart, poop and hollar just like we've seen done..

As far as identification? Seriously people? If I'm gay and order a normal cake how would they know? If I order one that flies in their belief system then ya I outed myself.. if I order kosher meat from a Islamic store why would they refuse me? Order pork from same store then ya I outed myself again..

This is still America , we have freedoms .. if I want to cater to a certain community then by God I should have that right.. there are plenty of gay owned cake decorating stores that would gladly take there money.. again America, they could have chosen that store .. why go to one that flies in the face of controversy and then force them , while taking away their right to choose!

Hippocrates ALL.. listen to yourselves .. pathetic

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

Do we even know what the people, voters of Indiana think about this bill?

We know what certain politicians think.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

better yet a Muslim store and order pork chops

Oh? First time I ever heard of a Muslim store selling pork chops.

The rest of your rant? I had hard time following.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
I don't see a problem here.. what happen to a business having the right to refuse service to someone for any reason?

That would be for behaviors or health code violations.

NOT because of the color of their skin, sexual orientation, gender, or unacceptable religion or non-religion.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

20 pages worth of discussion and still get posts like this. You know, if you'd bother to read some of what is here or even educate yourself a little you wouldn't come in here saying what you just said. Which was nothing more than an off the cuff opinion.

"Oh, look everyone HooHaa is here with a useless opinion and conjecture!!! Wow let's all listen quietly and discuss every single word because nobody has brought up such important details yet after 20 pages and multiple people talking about this. Gee how did we ever miss such mind blowing ideas???"

If that comes across as being rude it's probably because it was out of frustration of hearing the same pointless argument yet again when it's already been addressed multiple times already and all it takes is simply taking the time to read some of it to know better than to bring it up again.

All of this is pointless.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: HooHaa
Seriously, you walk into a Christian owned business and order a same sex wedding cake?

The State sued the baker because the baker broke a state law.

Agenda - - uh yeah, to have the same rights as everyone else. Shocking!

What is a same sex wedding cake? Hmmmm, I believe its just a cake.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join