It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial 'religious freedom' bill

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
this kinda reminds me of when a religious group tried to stop a beer company from making "gay beer", not because the gays didn't want that on the can, but because the group (not gays) thought it was like mass brainwashing people to believe gay was okay. and they wanted me to sign a petition to stop the gay beer label. i just told them, "you have people doing all manner of things that biblically, are described as fleshly and therefore sinful, so why focus on "Gay" and skip the "beer" part entirely? what about people abusing their temple (body) with beer or food or some other vice? it didn't make any sense to me so i said, "no i'm not going to sign that silly petition. it's like protesting that people eat till they get fat "

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Turkenstein

Wow, an actual response from the person I asked a question of!

I see you're also more into personal commentary than fact. That's disappointing.

Where does a "homosexual" event begin and end, then?

If you were a grocer, can you be sure that the food you sell me isn't going to be used at a party?

If you were a doctor, can you be sure that I'm not going to get well and do "something homosexual"?

If you were a fireman, after you saved my life, can you be certain that you aren't contributing to more "homosexual events"?

I'm encouraging you to stand by your convictions. If you're going to exclude homosexual events from your business, why go half way?

I asked you a question. Since you understand English so well, you understand that gives you the right to respond rather than my making a statement?

Childish. Hmmm. No, your comments might be a little backwards, but not childish.

That's just harsh.
edit on 11Sun, 29 Mar 2015 11:16:09 -050015p112015366 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Thanks Ohhh sage one

Your bigotry clouds your reasoning mindset.

Heaven forbid someone express a sentiment other than yours and stand by it. I could have came at you the same way, but I chose not to be a dismissive name caller. Have a wonderful day.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

BTW, that mp3 you had me listen to last night. Pretty crazy stuff man!!! I knew about the whole dominionism thing but had no idea that it was that organized and planned for such a long time. Kinda scary in fact. Good stuff, thanx for the link.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

yep. i think the missing ingredient, is just plain common sense. where's ben franklin when ya need him

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

no problem. pretty informative, i would say.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Turkenstein
Can you explain the difference between homosexual food and straight food purchases, homosexual fires and a regular fires,

Can YOU explain the difference between a homosexual wedding cake and a straight wedding cake? Homosexual flowers and straight flowers?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I could have came at you the same way, but I chose not to be a dismissive name caller. Have a wonderful day.

Thats called losing a debate.

You have a wonderful day too, there must be one or two more people on here you have not made personal comment to. I'll leave you to them.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just sharing...blowback is hard, eh, Spence? Next time investigate who is introducing a bill and why. Really. Not the backpedaling version you're touting now that the going is getting hard.

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
Ooo ooo I want to guess. The two little people on top of the cake?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I see you're also more into personal commentary than fact. That's disappointing.

If you were a grocer, can you be sure that the food you sell me isn't going to be used at a party?

If you were a doctor, can you be sure that I'm not going to get well and do "something homosexual"?

If you were a fireman, after you saved my life, can you be certain that you aren't contributing to more "homosexual events"?

I'm encouraging you to stand by your convictions. If you're going to exclude homosexual events from your business, why go half way?

I asked you a question. Since you understand English so well, you understand that gives you the right to respond rather than my making a statement?

Childish. Hmmm. No, your comments might be a little backwards, but not childish.

That's just harsh.

Wow, lil twist. Keep trying o militant one. I'm sure this won't be the last disappointment with your attitude of provocation. These examples didn't sell the first time and they still aren't. You ask for a response and you got one.
1) The grocer sells groceries, he is not a life coach. Like I said before, what you do on your own time is your business. If anyone comes into the store acting rude, crude, and socially unacceptable then he would/should probably ask them to leave.
2) The doctor is taking care of you because your ill not because you are gay or straight. Grab his johnson and see how fast the doctor/patient dynamic changes. You have to understand that not everyone is out to get you.
3) If I was a fireman and saved your life I would not throw you a homosexual survivor party, if that is what your asking. A fireman saves lives. You matter, stop hating on yourself so much.
Is it that hard for you to accept opinions different from your own?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Oh man, this is one embarrassing video. The guy can't even answer a simple yes or no question.
If he wants to prove what this bill isn't, he could sign another one granting LGBT people protection under the law. The fact that he's outright refusing to do that, and refusing to even answer the question of whether Christians can now legally be bigots, shows exactly what this is all about no matter how much he wants to claim it isn't.

The man is a ignoramus, and a hateful one at that.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The words were something else. The body language even more amazing. This is simply surreal.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

No, Lucidity. That's decorations, not the actual cake. Now, does anyone want to try another guess?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You guys do realize that 31 states had laws just like Indiana's before gay marriage become an issue and so does the Federal Government. The states pass their own versions for an extra layer of protection. The idea is to ensure the state does not unduly burden any person when finding the best way to ensure equality while also protecting liberty and individual rights.

Oregon, home to the famous florist, is not one of those states, and the lady in question is losing her home and business due to the heavy hand of the state.

But Indiana is only the latest and people are making this all about gay rights and discrimination, but Indiana is not the first.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

No, Lucidity. That's decorations, not the actual cake. Now, does anyone want to try another guess?

there's no difference. twas too easy.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Ignorance from the pulpit --- any pulpit.

Belief vs Fact.

The SPLC puts people/organizations on its hate list, NOT for being anti-gay, but for promoting falsehoods: such as homosexuality is a choice, homosexuals are pedophiles, homosexuals are out to turn your children gay, etc.

Homosexuality is NOT a choice, and definitely NOT a "perverted sin of choice". Pulpits continue to preach this ignorance to equally ignorant followers.

IGNORANCE can not be allowed to discriminate against a (no victim) minority that has no choice in how they were born.

There are many religious who are not ignorant, who support Equal Rights and Marriage Equality.

This fight for Equality is not against all who are religious, but those who continue to hold on to falsehoods through ignorant beliefs.

I don't see them as any different then those who kill albinos to harvest their organs for their "healing power".

Ignorance is ignorance.

edit on 29-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I am sure you know all about losing......

Now, on to the other two people.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

Businesses force us to give up body fluids to get a job. And since businesses have the corner on jobs, they have workers no option but to break the constitution. We all have to do things we don't like. I get really confused how conservative define "free markets" and when does it apply and to whom.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

That's just harsh.

Is it that hard for you to accept opinions different from your own?

What the hell did you even say?

Are you accusing gays of being obnoxious, aggressive, sexual predators?

edit on 29-3-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree with you completely....but....ignorance is gaining power all over this nation....voter suppression, abortion rights, gay equal rights, union rights, workers rights.....republicans want this to be the 1920's all over again, where wealthy white Christians ruled this country, and everyone else were 2nd class citizens. it's their conservative utopia.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join