It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial 'religious freedom' bill

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So it's Arkansas now too huh???

Arkansas Senate overwhelmingly approves anti-LGBT bill similar to one roiling Indiana

Do they not read the news in Arkansas or something??? Or are they hoping to be the next Indiana???

With such legislation being so popular with everyone I'm starting to wonder how not only the Moderate Christians are feeling about this, but also the Republicans as well?? Tell me Republicans, are you happy that you're also tied to this movement by some in your self titled group???

As these Radical Dominionist Right Wingers push their agenda forward, which they seem to be doing regardless of the push back, will the title of Conservative or Republican or Right Wing be forever linked with this kind of madness???

Honestly, is there anything that can be done to save yourselves at this point??? Or should we all just start getting our Hillary Clinton shirts now??? (Please tell me I don't have to get a Hillary shirt. I'm serious. If I do, just choke me to death with it.)

Is this perhaps THE opportunity that we've all been waiting for to finally champion a real true 3rd party??? The timing might just be right guys!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Turkenstein

nice try.

Thank you, *curtsies and twirls* I do my best.

Allow me to put this simply in Christian religious terms that you are all clinging to so desperately. People see through that silly.

If someone is so stupid to refuse service due to a specific biggotry, then they are STUPID. Maybe they can say my books are full, I have a wedding on that weekend I can't do the photography, whatever, It is the PUBLISHING of the biggotry that gets them in hot water. They specifically site it goes against their religion. OK so lets look at the christian religion.

I see boggotry in many ways, when it comes to the LGBT, I see bigotry hiding behind the skirt of religion. Just as they did with women oppression and with Black people. People will always find a way to interpret the good book to suit their own narrow minded agenda. There are plenty of racist hicks that sit in their homes and stew over having to deal with people they hate for no reason other they are biggots, but you know what, the law stops them from sharing it with us commercially. They must not discriminate. Thank God that is the LAW.

I think if this stupid law sticks, we have then have to be ok with a racist Indianna man saying "No N*** served in here due to my religious beliefs" . Who are you and the other pro bill posters to draw the line on what IS OK to discriminate about?

If you refuse service after passing a religious judgement (A hypercritical one at that) YOU ARE DISCRIMINATING.
If you refuse service after passing a religious judgement (A hypercritical one at that) YOU ARE A BIGGOT.

Here is why: These people have not asked any of you to come into the bedroom and observe and disperse judgement on what they receive sexual pleasure from.
These people have not asked any of you to come in with a clip board and review whether they are worthy of claiming they are involve with someone.
Yet y pro-bill posters feel they can say "I will discriminate against you for who you love and who you have intercourse with"

Now heres the pill.... This is that old naughty naughty sin that Jesus himself couldn't stand. Casting judgement. You are all going DIRECTLY against the New Testament bible. Where does jesus say someone cannot serve a cake or flowers to a lesbian or a gay man?
Here is what he says :

"Let he who is withut sin cast the first stone"
He is DIRECTLY preaching to you to NOT pass judgement on other peoples lives.
Are you honestly going to sit here and tell me any of you are all not sinners? Should I force myself into your bedrooms? Check your internet viewing history, Your extra marital love affairs and other moral apprehensions? I GUARANTEE each and every one of you has committed 'sins'. If you tell me you are without sin, then I say Praise the Lord Jesus is returned. Are you the son of god?

Are any of you sinners or not?
Who the hell are any of you to pass judgement on someone saying your religion told you to, when your very god told, no forbade you to do so. He even called people like these "Christians" clap,ing religious freedoms 'hypocrites'.
HYPOCRITES he used that very word.

This is being a BIGGOT.

The governor is a biggot, the senators are biggest, you and the other posters pro this law are biggots, and ARE PRETENDING you are not by hiding behind the good holy book, that very book that instructs people to not be a hypocrite and not pass judgement.
You are all guilty of discriminating against someone.

For the Christians so ADAMANT that gays go against their religious beliefs and they may cast judgement upon them and refuse them service as a result of their judgement:
Do Not Judge

"Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 42" Or how can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,' when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

Luke 6:42
Keep Judging Indianna you are sinning and being judged yourself.

PS/ Freedom of religion, includes islam, so now bigotry on the grounds of Sharia Law can be passed in Indianna, good luck with that can of worms, y'all deserve it.

"Sorry sir I refuse to serve your wife, she may not come into this store as she doesn't not cover her hair and wear a Burkha and that goes against my religious freedoms" yeah this is so not going to backfire on the idiots in the state legislature/senate.

When that happens, and it will, I will sit back and chuckle to myself. What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

edit on 29-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Turkenstein
a reply to: zazzafrazz
nice try. It doesn't make you a biggot to stand up for yourself and state that that you do not want to be a part of homosexuality in any way. If it did then both sides would be exercising biggotry. Homosexuals are not the only ones with rights. Anyone has the right to refuse participating in a homosexual event, just as much as homosexuals have the right to have said events. I would never demean a person for their beliefs, whether it is the homosexuals or the people choosing to not be comfortable with it.

So, let me get this straight, so to speak.

I'm homosexual. Let's say you own a grocery store, or you're a doctor, or you're a firefighter.

Based on what you just said, you don't intend to sell me food if I'm hungry, provide medical care if I'm ill, or rescue me if my house is on fire?

Because of your Christian religious beliefs?

I just want to make sure I understand you.

I didn't mention anything about christian beliefs. Keep searching for an angle. Maybe your moniker should be twister. Your interpretation of my post is an attempt to twist my words into something I didn't say. Militant much? I will say what I believe and stand by it. None of the things you listed were homosexual events and you left out all the parts where I mentioned both sides have there rights. It is a childish provocation.
Can you explain the difference between homosexual food and straight food purchases, homosexual fires and a regular fires, what exactly is a homosexual doctors visit. It doesn't make a doctor homosexual because he gives you a prostate exam.

If you understand English you can read what I wrote. The words are there. The added meanings are all you.
BTW: No one is speaking for me, I speak for myself. You must have noticed that I wasn't the only one who feels like EVERYONE is entitled to there opinion.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

good luck with hat can of worms, y'all deserve it.

y'all means "you all." you sure we all deserve it?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

It doesn't make a doctor homosexual because he gives you a prostate exam.

It does if both of his hands are on your shoulders during the exam.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

ugh, everybody hold onto your hats, it's gonna get windy

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally pos

I didn't mention anything about christian beliefs.
So why are you in the thread? Its about religious beliefs trumping discrimination laws.

So, You just want "nothing to do with homosexuality" because you want to , not cause the bible told you to?
Hmmm Confusing.
Or trolling. Either or.

edit on 29-3-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Better hold on to more than just your hats!!!

Just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Sorry for putting that image in anyone's head.

Ok, I'm not sorry.

Because it was funny.

At least it was for me.

edit on 29-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: Gryphon66

that's silly. christians faught in the war of independence, the civil war, marched with martin luther, voted for fair and equitable laws, fixed your boo boos, swept the streets, cleaned the sewers, rescued pets, saved drowning swimmers, operated on your ruptured appendix, delivered your babies, cured your infections, served you food in countless restaurants, worked for you, farmed for you, made clothes for you to wear and so the flip on.

i can't believe you're trying to marginalize "christians" (cause you never add any qualifiers before you use the word) now because some dominionists are making waves.

oy. stop it already

p.s. and where did you get that incredible avatar???

I thought he sounded quit ridiculous too and yes his avatar is quit marvelous. Even though my post wasn't Christian based, if it weren't for Christians homosexuals would still be killed upon identification. As a reference, for proof, read news clips about the middle eastern non-christian countries and how they deal with homosexuals in today's times. It is brutal and disgusting how they treat homosexuals. To each his own.
edit on 29-3-2015 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It doesn't make a doctor homosexual because he gives you a prostate exam.

It does if both of his hands are on your shoulders during the exam.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's funny, I don't care who you are.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

no i was responding to your arkansas post, not the joke about prostate exams

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally pos

I didn't mention anything about christian beliefs.
So why are you in the thread? Its about religious beliefs trumping discrimination laws.

So, You just want "nothing to do with homosexuality" because you want to , not cause the bible told you to?
Hmmm Confusing.
Or trolling. Either or.

Religion doesn't equal Christianity. Your combative mindset clouds your critical thinking skills.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Apparently in the U.S. it does by 80%. Tomatoes tomatoes.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Thanks Ohhh sage one

Your bigotry clouds your reasoning mindset.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Watch this dude backpedal his backpedal.

My NCAA bracket is a mess. I blame Benghazi. Oh wait...wrong thread. I blame Indiana.
edit on 3/29/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

no i was responding to your arkansas post, not the joke about prostate exams

Oh ok. I thought for sure your "windy" comment was some kind of pun. My mistake.

My post about Arkansas is serious though. I'm curious as to how plain old Republicans feel about this being that their name is sorta being linked with this too. I'm sure there are some non-religious conservatives who are kinda pissed at all this. Do they think this is going to be a major problem coming up in the elections??
edit on 29-3-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Apparently in the U.S. it does by 80%. Tomatoes tomatoes.

?It? You will have to be more coherent than half thoughts and unassociated picture time to express a true sentiment. I'm surprised you post old family pics on here.

Name one person the U.S. government has put down for being homosexual.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I'll name millions they denied equal rights to and the right to marry to.

How's that?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow can Hoosiers really afford that? I guess it's an economic sacrifice they're willing to make.

If that's the same convention I read about, 56,000 people attended that convention last year in Indiana. Apparently they'll be taking their biz/money elsewhere.

As small biz owners the hubby and I discussed, well in advance, divvying up tasks depending on expertise/comfort factor. We ran an arcade/pool hall. After hours it was adults only, mostly men in pool leagues. I didn't mind working alone all day with the kids but after hours I felt more comfortable with my hubby there.

Religious biz owners can do the same damn thing. If they'd put some forethought into their biz model they'd have seen this coming a mile away/prepared for it. How about hiring a worker who can provide those services for you?

If we advertise services to the general public it's false advertising when we refuse to do just that. If a biz can't serve the general public go membership only. Seems religious types should prefer that anyway but I imagine they don't want to lose the volume serving the general public provides, might cut into the bottom line.

Too effing bad if you want to adhere to your religious beliefs you might have to make some sacrifices, talk to the Amish, go membership/let your followers financially support you. As a patron of any biz I don't want to witness discrimination while I shop. I won't stand for it and it won't go well. After a heavy dose of me, gay people will seem rather innocuous.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join