It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-Pilot 'intentionally' Destroyed Plane, Prosecutor says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I know. And yet last year was one of the safest years in history. US Airlines went years without a fatal crash, despite aircraft that are over 10 years old.

It depends on the usage more than anything else. A plane that flies across the US twice a day, or the US to Asia and back is actually going to last longer structurally than a plane that flies 5-7 flights a day, even though it has more hours on it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hope they release everything about the co pilot.
He is a murderer not some poor sap who ended it all.
Wonder if he converted recently to any radical form of religion?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Has anyone considered life insurance for the family? If you commit suicide then your family doesn't receive the claim. We should be looking at the captain of the plane. He slips the co-pilot a Xanax so he passes out, breathing and heartrate remain the same. Once he is sleeping the captain sets coordinates and "uses the restroom" he comes back to find the door "locked" and freaks out. He sacrifices himself to pay off debts that his family couldn't otherwise be payed. Eh?
a reply to: TinfoilTP

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: safetymeeting
Has anyone considered life insurance for the family? If you commit suicide then your family doesn't receive the claim. We should be looking at the captain of the plane. He slips the co-pilot a Xanax so he passes out, breathing and heartrate remain the same. Once he is sleeping the captain sets coordinates and "uses the restroom" he comes back to find the door "locked" and freaks out. He sacrifices himself to pay off debts that his family couldn't otherwise be payed. Eh?
a reply to: TinfoilTP

That is pretty far out there, Islamic convert with 150 tickets to paradise goes with the times.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The companies that cut corners on maintenance are caught fairly quickly. Quite a few have even turned themselves in to regulators.

Last year, there were 21 aircraft crashes (20 accidents, 1 shootdown). A little over 900 people were killed. It comes out to 1 crash for roughly every 4 million flights.

Yep, while there's car accidents EVERY day in EVERY large city around the world. Still more likely to die in a car accident but people are afraid of flying.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Topato

I saw somewhere that the odds of dying on a plane were 1 in 11 million. The odds of dying in a car were 1 in 77.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I'd like to know what anti-depressant drugs this guy was on, not that the media would even mention it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The co-pilot, if records are accurate, is demon possessed.

He got into Christian mysticism, some secret society, perhaps Christian fundamentalism, all which are guided by demons. In any event, this was not an act of a person. It was an act of demons. I know this, because I was shown it has to happen beforehand. I can't prove this, so you can scoff at me. But four days before, I saw, in a dream, a plane crashing as this one did, with total loss of life. I was so astonished by the dream, I told my wife. She is the only one who is witness of it.

But I know, that one of these cookoo groups, or some occult organization is behind it.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

MONTABAUR, Germany (AP) -- Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz appears to have hidden evidence of an illness from his employers, including having been excused by a doctor from work the day he crashed a passenger plane into a mountain, prosecutors said Friday.

The evidence came from the search of Lubitz's homes in two German cities for an explanation of why he crashed the Airbus A320 into the French Alps, killing all 150 people on board.

Prosecutor's spokesman Ralf Herrenbrueck said in a written statement that torn-up sick notes for the day of the crash "support the current preliminary assessment that the deceased hid his illness from his employer and colleagues."

Also

Herrenbrueck said other medical documents found indicated "an existing illness and appropriate medical treatment," but that no suicide note was found. He added there was no indication of any political or religious motivation for Lubitz's actions

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 3/27/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Maybe he just got super stressed. All that flying and responsibility for passengers got to him at last...

But don't they have regular mental checkups anyway? Maybe there's something else here.
edit on 27-3-2015 by Topato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topato
a reply to: Realtruth

But don't they have regular mental checkups anyway? Maybe there's something else here.

Oh yeah, tptb are weaselling out of taking responsibility for screwing up - and demonizing mental health issues.

The World Economic Forum (WEF) ...report(s) that mental health, "typically left off lists of leading NCDs, will account for $16 trillion - a third of the overall $47 trillion anticipated costs." The WEF states unequivocally, "This is not a health issue, this is an economic issue."

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

No, they have regular physicals, like other transportation jobs. There's no requirement for a mental evaluation.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

No, they have regular physicals, like other transportation jobs. There's no requirement for a mental evaluation.

I think the mental health issues evaluations may not work to well. The only reason I say this is that I have see people go from stable to not being able to cope, or deal with life in a matter of hours. Many things can trigger it, but trying to quantify someones stability on a constant basis should be up to the crew itself.

If things look unstable then crew members should have the decency to make an executive decision not to fly, or relieve the crew member until an evaluation can take place.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
I'd like to know what anti-depressant drugs this guy was on, not that the media would even mention it.
Usually flight crews are a responsible lot. If he was on any depressants, then he would have opted out from operating this flight.
There is more to this accident than what the press is putting out.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei

originally posted by: STTesc
Usually flight crews are a responsible lot. If he was on any depressants, then he would have opted out from operating this flight.
There is more to this accident than what the press is putting out.

"Usually" doesn't cover everyone.

Perhaps this guy was clinically depressed, and maybe even on medication, but he wanted to keep his co-pilot job for one reason or another. He may have thought that he could control it, until one day when his depression got the better of him.

For as many airline pilots there are in the world, I bet there are others who have depression and are still flying, maybe even some taking medication who are still flying.

edit on 3/29/2015 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I don't know why there is surprise or disbelief at this story of the First officer crashing the plane on purpose- it wouldn't be the first time this has happened (a pilot intentionally bringing down an aircraft), so instead we go with the half-brained conspiracy theories instead of the most obvious - he had issues that weren't being dealt with, which eventually took their toll.

As for those who say depressed people don't usually hurt others but themselves - utter bollocks. I can trawl many, many examples of depressed people harming others before themselves, ranging from depressed mothers killing their children and themselves to suicidal chef's killing themselves and derailing a train in the process, killing several passengers

Bottom line is, people with depression or other mental illnesses tend not to think clearly, so don't go making assumptions about what they can and cannot do. This isn't to stigmatise anyone with mental illness, but just to point out that this is not just a "convenient" excuse for the "Powers that Be", but a tragic outcome of one persons struggle against his demons.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I have to agree with Zaph - flying is the safest from of transport there is. It is just that should be you be unlucky enough to be involved in an accident, they tend to always be fatal and messy.

I bet you happily get into your car every day though, despite it being millions of times more dangerous. It's like saying :

"Oh no, I don't want to go into that basement, as you live in an area prone to radon gas. I will, however, happily eat that Polonium laced sandwich you have there"....

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Because they declared the cause in 24 hours, and made claims that information was gathered in ways that dont make sense.

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

...I bet you happily get into your car every day

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? How much?

Re: The Air Canada Airbus that just crashed in Halifax. How much ya wanna bet it's one of the oldest ones? [The nose, wing and engines were ripped off - but they're calling it a "hard landing." The investigation has just started.]

As posted here:

Air Canada fleet details
Fleet age 13.7 years

Airbus A319 16 17 years
Airbus A320 37 21.7 years
Airbus A321 10 12.9 years
Airbus A330 8 14.4 years
Boeing 767 21 21.8 years

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It was a hard landing. And the age is irrelevant. A crew error accident has nothing to do with the age of the aircraft.

It also didn't rip a wing off.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join