It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile in Yemen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Yemen is currently undergoing a revolution. The Houthis backed by Iran are attempting to overthrow the the government and are gaining ground capturing the capital Sana last September while the US backed president Abdu Rabu Mansour Hadi fled to Aden. Some speculate that this has the American government nervous as the Houthis are believed to had looted sensitive documents alluding to the CIA's involvement in Yemen. This is being under reported for a reason.
www.latimes.com...=1
Iran-backed rebels loot Yemen files about U.S. spy operations

Secret files held by Yemeni security forces that contain details of American intelligence operations in the country have been looted by Iran-backed militia leaders, exposing names of confidential informants and plans for U.S.-backed counter-terrorism strikes, U.S. officials say.

But the identities of local agents were considered compromised after Houthi leaders in Sana took over the offices of Yemen’s National Security Bureau, which had worked closely with the CIA and other intelligence agencies, according to two U.S. officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive operations.

Now the Saudis have begun airstrikes against the Houthis citing they are defending the government of Yemen
www.bbc.co.uk...

A coalition led by Saudi Arabia has launched air strikes against Shia Houthi rebels in Yemen, saying it is "defending the legitimate government" of President Abdrabbuh Mansour Hadi

The start of the airstrikes was announced in Washington

The Saudi ambassador to the US announced the start of "Operation Storm of Resolve" at a news conference in Washington on Wednesday night

The US said it was providing "logistical and intelligence support".

These are the same Saudi's that are actively funding ISIS in Syria and Iraq

Some time before 9/11, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, once the powerful Saudi ambassador in Washington and head of Saudi intelligence until a few months ago, had a revealing and ominous conversation with the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove. Prince Bandar told him: "The time is not far off in the Middle East, Richard, when it will be literally 'God help the Shia'. More than a billion Sunnis have simply had enough of them."

Sir Richard Dearlove said "He does not doubt that substantial and sustained funding from private donors in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, to which the authorities may have turned a blind eye, has played a central role in the Isis surge into Sunni areas of Iraq"

www.independent.co.uk...

Why would the US and other countries be helping a nation that most likely founded and is supporting the animals that are ISIS? Could it be that Saudi Arabia is helping the US with it's Russia problem by actively manipulating the oil prices? To crash the Russian economy.

Saudi Arabia's Oil Price 'Manipulation' Could Sink The Russian Economy

The vice-president of Russia's state-owned oil behemoth Rosneft has accused Saudi Arabia of manipulating the oil price for political reasons. Mikhail Leontyev was quoted in Russian media as saying: Prices can be manipulative. First of all, Saudi Arabia has begun making big discounts on oil. This is political manipulation, and Saudi Arabia is being manipulated, which could end badly. Read more: uk.businessinsider.com...

There is a deadly game of chess happening at the moment and it's end goal is the downfall of Russia/Syria/Iran. The smoke and mirror show that is going on between the US and Israel is there by design. There may be a genuine hatred between Obama and Netanyahu but you can be guaranteed that once the negotiations end between Iran and the US it will lead to all out war declared by the US and Israel, they are on the same page. Iran will reject the US offers and they will be able to say we tried.

This is leading to an all out war that will be like none we've seen before.
edit on 26-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There is a thread about this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

About Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the US Russia and Israel? Did you read the op?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Just cross linking to the WW#3 thread . This will break out a real war . There will be missals flying soon . www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Just cross linking to the WW#3 thread . This will break out a real war . There will be missals flying soon . www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this news from Yemen is being under reported for the reason of it is going to get pretty dicey soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It is horrible and all that, but seriously it is going on way to long and it is a conflict between sunnits and shiits so it has to be a muslim state that is stepping up. Boko Haram, ISIS, the Syrian civil war, all of that escalated already and in my opinion it only can be "good" when these attrocities are opposed, by those indirectly threatened from it.
If some western country helps it really should be with hardware and medical and social aid for the refugees. Otherwise it would just create a further excuse for the terrorists, to say they get drained and steered from us.
But I don't know how it fits the picture when I read Abd Rabbo Mansur Hadi, fled to Riad? trust.org

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Can we now expect Saudophobia to explode on this forum ?

I wonder if this gets explosive quickly yet, but I`m guessing if there will be an actual WW3 (if it isn`t fought already in segments right now), this can be at least be part of the run up to that.

If the Alliance is defeated in Jemen, it makes you wonder what the consequences will be for the future.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Fled from Aden to Saudi Arabia is what is being reported.

Yemen's President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi left his refuge in Aden for Saudi Arabia on Thursday as Houthi rebels battled with his forces on the outskirts of the southern port city.

www.reuters.com...

Then the Saudi's started the airstrikes.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh that makes more sense, i was just browsing the headlines and German newspapers had: he arrived in Riad four hours ago...
Of course he got a warning, maybe/hopefully the civilians in the targeted regions too.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Can we now expect Saudophobia to explode on this forum ?

I wonder if this gets explosive quickly yet, but I`m guessing if there will be an actual WW3 (if it isn`t fought already in segments right now), this can be at least be part of the run up to that.

If the Alliance is defeated in Jemen, it makes you wonder what the consequences will be for the future.

Lol

I think we are honestly seeing the beginning of WW3, the Shia are gaining the ground in Yemen and the fact that he has fled his post means he is not in charge anymore. Silence from Washington regarding the Saudi's conducting airstrikes is laughable considering their stance in Ukraine and they are even helping with "logistical and intelligence support".

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Oh that makes more sense, i was just browsing the headlines and German newspapers had: he arrived in Riad four hours ago...
Of course he got a warning, maybe/hopefully the civilians in the targeted regions too.

Wouldn't count on it, his own government seems to be defecting.

U.S. intelligence officials believe additional files were handed directly to Iranian advisors by Yemeni officials who have sided with the Houthi militias that seized control of Sana, the capital, in September, which led the U.S.-backed president to flee to Aden.

To the Saudi's now they would all be collateral damage. They want Yemen in Sunni hands.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Looking geographically, I can`t imagine Iran or Russia going to do much. Egypt seems to be also an ally of Russia, but they go against them and are going to help out...?

Do your remember posting this video ?

While I`m not religious myself, I do find it interested in what they say about Mecca possible going to get nuked.

There`s always a change that somehow Iran is able to deliver a nuke (assuming they already have one)...I don`t think Russia is willing to do that over this.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Undoubtedly. The question is with whom? SA and Iran? Russia/Iran vs SA/U.S./Israel? WWIII on the brink, or just a regional ME thing?

There are a lot of players involved in this one. It's a proxy war, no doubt but at some point things are going to get REAL. Stay tuned..

ETA - Oh yeah, and Obama just passed authority of the whole ISIS situation over to Kerry..Related?
edit on 26-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yes I remember posting it .. I don't think they got it correct in some respects but the destruction they talk about comes out of scripture and that may be the part that is shaping up at this moment .

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I`m not much of an expert on those matters, but I found some of the clues given nonetheless interesting.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

If I was making a really wild guess I would say that Israel takes out Damascus and then the ME lights up . Who's shooting who is not going to be easy to say with certain . Syria is blocking access to Iran and Iran is the big player in this that is on the other side of most of the ME . It could end up being Turkey that takes out Syria too ...I think that Israel ,although involved needs to keep a low profile so the many proxies .There is just so many , china , Pakistan , India , Russia .....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

We can bomb the Yemen rebels ourselves. We have warships and our best troops stationed (not any longer) in that region. If we wanted to interfere we would have fought for our buildings. Religious fundamentalism is taking over the middle east and Saudi Arabia is the redneck with the shotgun telling the kids to get off his lawn.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

We can bomb the Yemen rebels ourselves. We have warships and our best troops stationed (not any longer) in that region. If we wanted to interfere we would have fought for our buildings. Religious fundamentalism is taking over the middle east and Saudi Arabia is the redneck with the shotgun telling the kids to get off his lawn.

Religious fundamentalism backed by the Saudis. ISIS is getting its support from them and Qatar, the Shia is Syria and Iran are fighting them. The US is supporting the Saudis, it is a whole big mess and the west is supporting the wrong side.
edit on 27-3-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Religious fundamentalism backed by the Saudis. ISIS is getting its support from them and Qatar, the Shia is Syria and Iran are fighting them. The US is supporting the Saudis, it is a whole big mess and the west is supporting the wrong side.

It is absolutely disgusting how everything is evolving in the middle east, perhaps I should be more specific, it is absolutely disgusting the level of ignorance, your average MSM viewer of the west has on this issue.

The cognitive dissonance is staggering!

Saudi is simultaneously supporting ISIS and Al Qaeda as well as Ansar Al-Sharia and people act as if Iran is the bad guy, honestly it is mind-blowing!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago03America/Chicago331amFriday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
a reply to: Variable

About Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iran, the US Russia and Israel? Did you read the op?

When you put it together it paints quite the picture. I wonder just how sensative those documents are for such a dramatic response. If it is something "we" can't afford to have out there, this might very well be the spark of the powder keg.

Here's to hoping cooler heads prevail. It only takes one nuclear world leader to balk and all hell breaks lose. Strangely enough, I've always wondered what it'd be like to glow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join