It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 30 injured in NYC building collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000

Expecting smooth collapse where?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Man, I gotta feel for NY lately. It wasn't too long ago that another building caught fire after a hot plate used by an Orthodox Jewish family over the Sabbath malfunctioned, killing I believe 5 of 7 or 8 of the family's children

Uhhhhh, what WAS that up there??????

Anyway, I always feel bad when I hear of these types of incidents anywhere, especially cities that have experienced devastating explosions. 1. Because it's a helpless feeling and causes large damage in seconds, 2. Sometimes these people suffer from PTSD or hyper-sensitivity to explosions and it's harder on them.
edit on 26-3-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Eh?? How was that muddled? Repeating what the articles had said, a hot plate used over the Jewish Sabbath malfunctioned, killing (to the best of my memory) several of the family's many kids (of either 7 or 8 kids, I think 5 were killed?)

NY & old wood frame buildings don't go together well when you add fire to the mix. They go up easy & fast, tragedy is practically assured the older the building.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: xavi1000
Eh, why this building dont collapse in its own footprint like building 7 ?

please explain to me how this components of this building collapse are similar to anything having to do with the WTC collapse?

1. Both buildings
2. Both in NYC

Literally nothing else is similar so explain to me why you expected similar results.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

please explain to me how this components of this building collapse are similar to anything having to do with the WTC collapse?

1. Both buildings
2. Both in NYC

Literally nothing else is similar so explain to me why you expected similar results.

Sometimes even explaining it just won't work....I think this is one of those times....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Do you know the building? As in been to it or by it? If so, what's your take on the cause of this? Gas?

I do, I have taken clients to Pommes Frites a few times.

Not to jump to conclusions but I would assume it was a gas explosion as they have occurred before like this.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

7 kids died in the fire

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

1. Both buildings
2. Both in NYC

Sometimes even explaining it just won't work....I think this is one of those times....

give it time, someone will claim explosives were put in the buildings back in the 20's, when they were built and holograms were used to fool everyone into thinking it was a gas explosion.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Multiple injuries reported

Looks like there was something going on there before as there was a stop work order. Fire appears to be spreading too. Hope they get it under control and nobody has died.

If is was a gas line that was hit, would that spread or just go up in one big bang? That would suck if more of the area went up....looks like a lot of people are there too.

It depends. Sometimes a cloud of gas can build up and hang around for a day or two, mixing with air until a spark sets it off. Then you get the equivelent of a Fuel-Air-Explosive bomb that disintegrates an entire house if not the neighboring homes as well.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
instead of healthcare reform the administration should have pushed for total nation-wide infrastructure rebuilding....

the cities could have enforced codes to replace the utility delivery any/all buildings with over 60 year old water, electric and gas line pipes upon the mandatory annual fire code inspections...used to deem a multifamily residence building fit for occupancy... that might be one way to tackle the continuing deterioration problems instead of the present system of:

KaBoom there's a problem here
edit on th31142740935026352015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crakeur

1. Both buildings
2. Both in NYC

give it time, someone will claim explosives were put in the buildings back in the 20's, when they were built and holograms were used to fool everyone into thinking it was a gas explosion.

Whatever, but this earlier picture shows the building is well engulfed with fire, while the initial blast is likely gas given that there were people working on the gas lines.
Gas blasts are so often destructive on buildings, so perhaps the blast on this seemingly brick building, compromised the structure and that the fire helped it on the way to collapse, or partial collapse, maybe even air conditioning units played a part too at some stage.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

This channel currently has 20k+ listeners atm.
Can you link the channel? (Sorry if someone beat me to it, but this is something I'd like to hear live.)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

from what I understand, that is the building next to the one that had the blast. the one that had the blast collapsed.

correction. I just looked at the updated news. the blast was in the lower section of that building.

www.ny1.com...

edit on 26-3-2015 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
IMHO, even if it was intentional domestic terror, the bureau of propaganda will have scrubbed any potential rumors before the first emergency responders hit the scene.

For comparison purposes, here are photos of other "Gas explosions"

www.google.com... =X&ei=cp0UVfyjD8PjsASsqIHIDw&ved=0CDIQ7Ak#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg%3ACR7pfby2HmMKIjjiEM45QHa3bFIHAMdD1rk3Zz0kSJ43ZNEZNlq5vet0MpIpHjP7NF6XabaT8KixcSYMONbVX24N SCoSCeIQzjlAdrdsEdNjj9rmMrPKKhIJUgcAx0PWuTcRL9xSACd94rMqEglnPSRInjdk0RGAGOId_1H30gCoSCRk2Wrm963QyEfvhhKgQVlV_1KhIJkikeM_1s0XpcRWnwmWPMkry8qEglptpPwqLF xJhG_13aNyzHN0gyoSCQw41tVfbg1IET6eeyky4fTb&q=pictures%20of%20gas%20explosions%20in%20buildings&imgdii=Hul9vLYeYwq3QM%3A%3BabaT8KixcSYi0M%3BHul9vLYeYwq 3QM%3A

Interesting, the link I keep trying to put up is of the KC explosion? For some reason google turns those images to the NYC emergency?
edit on pm331pmThu, 26 Mar 2015 19:13:13 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Any suspicions of terrorism or sabotage?

or a drone attack?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

no no and no.

gas leak is what they''re saying.

Incidentally, there was a nice map of the block in the NY daily news that showed the damage to the building, and the surrounding buildings. Once complete collapse, 2 partial collapses and one damaged building.

there's a video at this link, showing the actual explosion:
www.nydailynews.com...

and here's the map:map

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join