It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No Last Second Messages ? Did anyone on the Plane Reach Out ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr
There are a million cell phone towers on the route they took and it's possible that nobody noticed they were descending into a mountain. But to argue they had no cell phone service doesn't seem right. I live in Germany and I can tell you that cell phone service is good, but there is always service in the towns.

Where are those cell phone towers on that route? Just because service is good in towns doesn't mean it's going to be good in the wilderness.

I can go into major cities in the US and because of the layouts of buildings, I can lose my signal and that is on 3 of the phones I have on different carriers including Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.

In a new building I just opened up we had to install a DAS for multiple carriers in that building because the cell service in the surrounding area was so poor that upon entering said building you had no service.

Just because your perception is that they should have had coverage doesn't change the reality of the situation:

"How high in the air can a cell phone work?

Despite the urging of flight crews to turn off all phones or put them in airplane mode, cell phones can continue to work after a plane takes off, but only while in range of a cellular tower.

Cell phones communicate through cell towers, which are located on the ground but can stretch hundreds of feet into the air. As an airplane rises, it gets further from these towers and eventually moves out of contact range. For efficiency, many towers are designed to direct their signal where its most useful: on the ground, not into the sky above.

The maximum distance at which a phone can still make calls and send texts varies depending on the type of tower and transmitter, but an airplane would have to be no more than 10,000 feet in the air for any cell phones on board to still have a signal, according to Bill Rojas, director of telecom research at IDC Asia Pacific.

It’s not just altitude that can limit cell phone service.

When flying over sparsely populated rural areas, nearby towers are fewer and farther between. Over the open ocean, there are no towers all all with which to communicate, making phone calls, texts and social media posts impossible
."
edit on 26-3-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I see your argument and it's very possible they didn't have cell phone service - particularly as they were flying at altitude. Again, I suspect we either have not seen any press releases indicating there were calls made, or something happened which prohibited them from making calls.

I'm not leaning towards some nefarious NWO conspiracy just yet. I personally believe it's likely that either something incapacitated the pilot, or he willingly crashed it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr

I see your argument and it's very possible they didn't have cell phone service - particularly as they were flying at altitude. Again, I suspect we either have not seen any press releases indicating there were calls made, or something happened which prohibited them from making calls.

I'm not leaning towards some nefarious NWO conspiracy just yet. I personally believe it's likely that either something incapacitated the pilot, or he willingly crashed it.

Yup, it just happens that telecom is my career of choice so I usually get into any discussions that have anything to do with voice. =)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

LOL,

I would tell you what I do, but that would not be constructive to this discussion. You brought up some good points and I respect your argument. Again, I would say they didn't call - no matter what the reason was.

Thanks IT guy ( can I call you that?).

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It was reported in the Daily Mail (www.dailymail.co.uk... 320-Barcelonnette.html)

'Quite a few of them were messaging from the plane saying they were on the flight and couldn't wait to come home. They were saying things like 'we have brought presents for you',' Philippa said. 'They were excited to be coming home to see their friends and said they had missed their families,' the student added. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 20-Barcelonnette.html#ixzz3VX0lW8tI Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Whether this was before the plane actually took off or not isn't reported.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

According to the investigators the passengers only started screaming prior to impact. That tells me that they may have thought something controllable was occurring.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I would guess on runway in airport,

Enough arguments have been given to why people never got a message or call out,

Maps of coverage
Personal experience of this route, and no coverage
2 experienced phone network engineer's explaining how they wouldn't have worked

I'm sorry, Europe isn't like USA, our phone signal is poor, I have an O2 mast next to my work, but in parts of my building no signal, and if your lucky you get 2g General packet radio service. No 3g

Case closed
edit on 26/3/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I dont think anyone but the suicidal co pilot knew they were going down. The pilot was trying to talk the copilot out of whatever he was doing from behind the door but because of the slow descent and the fact they hit a mountain, everyone was calm until the last few moments.

With or without signal, I dont think anyone would have been alarmed enough to make the decision to actually call for help. And why call for help when you think the guy behind you already is..
edit on 26-3-2015 by iFloButta because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2015 by iFloButta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

I wasn't trying to make an argument , just linking to what had been reported in regard to cell phone calls from passengers on the plane. I don't fly and I don't own a cellphone so don't have any basis for making an argument on the subject. But I am a bit confused because an earlier poster from Germany stated that they have very good cell service. Oops, I see---you're in the UK so I guess the quality of service is different from place to place over there just as it is in the US. All I know about it is that I get a lot of calls from cell phones that just get dropped for no apparent reason so my opinion is that the US service is shoddy since I've never had a landline to landline call just drop and disappear.
Personally, I can't imagine a group of teens with cell phones sitting there without using them if they were operable. But I only see teens in the US, perhaps German teens are not so phone-addicted?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
But I am a bit confused because an earlier poster from Germany stated that they have very good cell service. Oops, I see---you're in the UK so I guess the quality of service is different from place to place over there just as it is in the US.

Do you know how cell phones work? If you do then you would realize that it's even harder to get cell service at altitude then it is on the ground but lets assume for a minute you dont know how cell phones work..

In the map below all the areas out west that dont have color are areas with no cell coverage. This shows Verizon which is the biggest carrier in the US.

Then you have Alaska where ATT has the strongest cell signal.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

But Someone in the Air was able to get some calls out, on September 11th, 2001? Or did it end up 'they' said that a airline phone was used? Can't remember really....

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

I believe so, although that plane was over a city where there were cell towers.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Ahhh, Okee Dokee, GotChYa! Thanx for the info!

I Much Appreciate it! Later, Syx.

OH, BTW. Kick Ass Avatar! Data Rocks!!

And that Dance Scene was Classic!!
edit on 26-3-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Have you ever tried to get a cell phone signal on an airplane?

Not that surprising that NO ONE sent any messages or were able to call anyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I believe so, although that plane was over a city where there were cell towers.

Even if you're over a city with cell towers, the signal doesn't reach very high. Usually impossible to get a cell phone signal after takeoff. Once you start descending, you MIGHT get a signal, but all reports have this crash in a remote part of the Alps, likely no cell towers.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

But Someone in the Air was able to get some calls out, on September 11th, 2001? Or did it end up 'they' said that a airline phone was used? Can't remember really....

You really believe the official reports that people PHONED from the plane? It's just another indication that they weren't actually ON the plane at all, or that the plane wasn't actually flying when the report said it was.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It was just for comparison. I wasn't taking the conspiracy theories into account.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

LOL!! No actually I don't believe any of the 'official story'!
I like to see how people react to comments
about the Hypothetical scenario though! LMAO!!!
My First Post here was actually meant to be sarcastic...
Thanx for noticing though!
You're on top of all this, and that's Great!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I am also of the opinion it was an inside job.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

It was a very quick descent, and they were in the middle of nowhere. No wifi in that remote area.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join