It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why No Last Second Messages ? Did anyone on the Plane Reach Out ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Please link to the source that says they had no reception.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The answer to this thread is easy:

the area the plane crashed has no phone signal (Crash site highlighted), unfortunately this is worse then we can imagine, the people, on this plane, for 8 minutes probably tried to ring, and text, but with no signal, the phones were of no use,

sad but true

thoughts to the family and friends
edit on 26/3/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

I couldn't find any articles saying they had service either

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrflipjr

fair question...stand by...
why the sudden change of heart?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage
The answer to this thread is easy:

the area the plane crashed has no phone signal (Crash site highlighted), unfortunately this is worse then we can imagine, the people, on this plane, for 8 minutes probably tried to ring, and text, but with no signal, the phones were of no use,

sad but true

thoughts to the family and friends

That looks planned.

Cause, if you had 8 minutes those kids could text everyone they know.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Change of heart? No. Do you think that I am proposing a solution that is incontrovertible? No. I only suggest that it is my opinion....plus I was answering and researching on another topic. I am just as lost as the rest of the world on this one. This is why I began the post with "I believe..."

It is not in my nature to argue without proof. I only offer an alternative theory....despite its non-popularity.

As for the cell phone map proposed earlier, has the poster considered roaming...and what is his source? Does he have proof there is not cell phone service? How do the people in the quaint town of Digne contact the world? Are they lost to time, power and cell phone service?

Perhaps I will go there this weekend and check it out...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

Thanks for the map. I tried searching for a "french alps cell coverage" map but couldn't find one.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Okie dokie.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

a reply to: opethPA

Perhaps in Yellowstone, however this is Europe. Practically every valley and mountaintop is inhabited by humans to some extent. Europe is very small. Yellowstone is approximately 1/12 the size of Wyoming. Wyoming is nearly the size of Texas. 1/12 of Texas can cover 3-4 countries in Europe, depending on where you are. Of course this is only my approximation. You can do the math yourself, but needless to say Europe is much better covered than Yellowstone.

Cell phones require cell towers to work so how many cell towers are there in the mountainous regions where this plane went down?
edit on 26-3-2015 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

What is your source? Do you have proof there is not cell phone service? How do the people in the quaint town of Digne les Bains contact the world? Are they lost to time, power and cell phone service? Are they an anomaly to Europe?

"Mobile phone permitted on course."

Of course, what do I know? I mean only every European owns a cell phone...

www.1golf.eu...

or this...

www.publictenders.net...
edit on 3-26-2015 by jrflipjr because: cell phone service

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I don't see how,

if i send a text with no signal on my phone, it will wait on the phone until the phone gets a connection,

but these phones where destroyed on impact, thus no message was ever sent,

if some of the board from the phones survived, there is a (very slim) chance you could retrieve unsent SMS messages, that is the only way you will see if they tried to send SMS Messages,

but like i said, the phones where smashed,

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What is your source? Do you have proof there is not cell phone service? How do the people in the quaint town of Digne les Bains contact the world? Are they lost to time, power and cell phone service? Are they an anomaly to Europe?

"Mobile phone permitted on course."

Of course, what do I know? I mean only every European owns a cell phone...

www.1golf.eu...

How far is Digne from where the accident occurred?
How is the cell coverage of a person on the ground in a village or on a golf course equal to what someone on a plane above 10k feet would experience?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I have flown with germanwings from barca to dusseldorf and people do not go to sleep on that particular flight. We/they were just about finished with sandwiches around the time of the accident.

I have flown with germanwings on a couple of occasions and there was never cell coverage in the air. Someone mentioned it already - but that only happens on 9-11 in America.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Exitt

Thank you for helping to clarify the cell issue.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Simple...dead people typically don't call from a crash site.

again...

www.publictenders.net...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

here is my source www.cellmapper.net...

A Google search will provide cell tower coverage for any country,

i live in the UK, and there are spots 50 miles north of London that get no signal,

the plane crashed in a remote part of the Alps, that's why the co-pilot ditched it there, he knew how remote it would have been,

sometimes there is no conspiracy, sometimes bad people do bad things, in the right place,

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thanks.

Hey, I'm only one person in the waves of time. I'm not trying to be argumentative. Thanks for the discussion. That's what this site should be about!

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Simple...dead people typically don't call from a crash site.

again...

www.publictenders.net...

Im not sure how that explains how far that town you listed is from the crash site or how the cell coverage someone gets on the ground is the same as someone in a plane .

Perhaps you can explain Exitt saying the following above, "I have flown with germanwings on a couple of occasions and there was never cell coverage in the air. Someone mentioned it already - but that only happens on 9-11 in America."

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

No problem

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I concur with the bad people part, but the cell phone service part is a weak argument, at best. There are a million cell phone towers on the route they took and it's possible that nobody noticed they were descending into a mountain. But to argue they had no cell phone service doesn't seem right. I live in Germany and I can tell you that cell phone service is good, but there is always service in the towns.

I can't answer why there were no cell phone calls as there has been no press release to indicate anyone tried to call. I simply don't know the answer.

I respect your position and will look into it more carefully.

#, if the terrorists can figure out how to stay in contact, why can't we?

Cheers!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join