It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Locked In Psych Ward For 8 Days Because Cops Couldn’t Believe She’s A Businesswoman

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
As the story has been expressed thus far, I feel horrible for what she's endured and hope that people are punished.

but..............

Without getting too wrapped up in emotion I have this to say (yeah....I'm pretty much a dick)

1 - I'm not sure we're getting the whole story -especially what went down when she went to claim her car. What exactly transpired prior to her getting cuffed?

2 - why was her car impounded anyway?

3 - you don't rise to executive level within a bank for being a "good guy". This is a bank don't forget. They screw-over, cheat, harass and punish common folk like me and you on a daily basis and face no recourse.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
a reply to: ghaleon12

Actually a "care plan" is multidisciplinary and is NOT "independent" or exclusive of the physician's plan of care. This was one of the Joint Commission's major objectives a few years back and they are the most influential org when it comes to HOW patients are cared for and how those caring for them document that progress.

Pretty much, what they say or propose goes and those changes are made quickly and do not normally change again until they propose something else that is more therapeutic/effective based on research and evidence. Just about anyone who has worked in any type of multidisciplinary health care facility (including a hospital with an inpatient psychiatric unit) knows this.

The article even states "the DOCTORS PSYCH PLAN..." not the "nurses plan..." And no where did it state the nurses were the ones "diagnosing and prescribing is what they did in this instance." Advanced Practice Nurses (Nurse Practitioners) can diagnose and treat but real nurses are limited in that scope of practice and we are all VERY aware what our role is, and isn't.

How do you know a nurse wrote it? It could have been a psychologist, intern, a psychiatrist, a social worker, or some other mental health care professional...Not necessarily a "nurse."

Please, do not blame the nurse. We really, really detest that.

No, you're wrong. A nursing care plan is made and developed by nurses. From wiki, "A nursing care plan outlines the nursing care to be provided to an individual/family/community. It is a set of actions the nurse will implement to resolve/support nursing diagnoses identified by nursing assessment. The creation of the plan is an intermediate stage of the nursing process. It guides in the ongoing provision of nursing care and assists in the evaluation of that care".
Nurses do the "caring" for a patient. It's what they intend to do with their time with the patient, since they have more contact with patients than doctors do.

Nursing care plans and nursing diagnosis are as a trend, being made, independent of other professions. The same "niche" that a doctor has, autonomy as well, is what nurses are working towards. Their own niche in which they can work independently, to provide for a patient because ultimately, a nurse is more responsible for a patient's "care", than the doctor is. Hence they have their own care plan.

I obviously read and saw "doctor's psych plan", I'm saying they were wrong. And somehow it's not possible they got it wrong? Hardly.

"They" refers to doctors, I said the doctors didn't do the nursing care plan, what they did was the diagnosing and prescribing. That you think I was saying nurses do that, just makes you sound foolish. Everyone knows except for advanced practice nurses, nurse don't prescribe drugs.

How do I know a nurse wrote it? Because that is what was taught in nursing school =P And where she was in inpatient, there are no psychologists. Nurses have to be more creative essentially in what they do compared to psychiatrists, to the point that nursing diagnosis can be seen as sort of a stretch. A psychiatrist for depression only has to ask, "Is the patient less depressed, less OCD, ect.". Since depression is a "Medical diagnosis" a nurse can't even use it in their own care plan. So you end up having to use "other words", for the same thing. Hence, the creativity.

The "care" of the patient is done by the nurse, and ultimately all those professions you listed, they have to be and have a part, or a monitoring, of all those areas, as pertains to their patient. No other profession does that. A doctor doesn't keep tabs on the social worker, and vice versa. A good nurse does.

Seriously though, you should work on your reading comprehension. No where did I blame a nurse, a nurse doesn't hold someone for 8 days, and doesn't prescribe meds.

Why did you even post? When you didn't address the things in my post that are actually important. Which further shows you don't know what you're talking about. You can't force meds on someone. Can't legally happen. You can't hold someone longer than 3 days for vast majority of states. Those 2 things being questionable? Yeah, they could have been wrong in saying a doctor wrote that up. And they are and were.

<< 1  2   >>

join