It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Dare To Show Yourselves And S&F And Leave A Comment On THIS Thread.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: ATF1886
I'll jump I professed my faith once on ATS I'm still trying to stitch my head back to my body it's a bit rough here there are definitely way too many wolves circling this group of sheep right now Good luck I'll lend you stitches when I am done.

It was definitely worth it I will never go back on my Faith for my Father will never turn his back on me!!

The intolerance to religious viewpoints around here inside a specific forum for religious viewpoints is very ignorant, and that in itself elicits responses because you know, deny ignorance is the motto.

I've yet to see a Christian stay out of a thread about pagan, eastern, and even other Abrahamic faiths. I wouldn't want them to, either. It's expected because this area is to discuss religion/spirituality with all of the members of ATS.

I mean, there's definitely a line to be drawn when it becomes trolling but the responses on here seem to mostly target the OP asking for flags and such (which isn't a biggie to me). The other thing people seem to respond to is when they're told they will burn forever in a fiery torment their god created just for them. Or that their religion is the ONLY correct one. Those sorts of claims are not necessary to have a discussion but Christians like to put them in their threads so... yeah, it might upset some people.

The burning forever thing always gets me. And, that their religion is the only correct one.

These thoughts are based on faith, NOT FACT. I respect their faith. I truly do because I use to be one that believed these things.

But, please....Christians, don't judge me and tell me I'm going to burn for eternity because I educated myself on the matters of Religion. If you truly believed in your religion you would understand that your God is the only true judge so, why waste your time judging little ol' me.

I'm not worth the waste of your time.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ccseagull
When I say, “I am a Christian”

I’m not shouting, “I’ve been saved!”
I’m whispering, “I get lost sometimes
That’s why I chose this way”
I don’t speak with human pride
I’m confessing that I stumble –
needing God to be my guide
I’m not trying to be strong
I’m professing that I’m weak
and pray for strength to carry on

I’m not bragging of success
I’m admitting that I’ve failed
and cannot ever pay the debt
I don’t think I know it all
I submit to my confusion
asking humbly to be taught
I’m not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible
but God believes I’m worth it

I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache
which is why I seek God’s name
I do not wish to judge
I have no authority
I only know I’m loved

- by Carol Wimmer

It truly is a shame that Christians do not think like this.
Modern Christianity & sadly most Christians bear literally no resemblance to Jesus or his teachings.
He would be frankly disgusted at what Christians do and say in his name.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I so agree with you BussyWigs.

I was watching a video yesterday, one of those test videos to see how New Yorkers would respond. A teen, probably 14 or 15 in a ripped shirt only with a ripped garbage bag and a sign saying that he was homeless was out in freezing temperatures to test if anyone would stop to help in any way. It was unbelievably how many people ignored him and walked on by. Two hours of this. Then a homeless man stopped and asked if the kid was homeless and when he responded yes the homeless man took off his coat and wrapped the kid in it. This kid was uncontrollably shivering in the plastic bag he finally wrapped himself in - he was so cold. Then the homeless man gave him words of love and hugged him. I know this is happening, I see videos like this every day, but to ignore a child in tattered clothing laying on the sidewalk???!!! It's heart breaking and so maddening.

I look at people in this example and can't imagine that their hearts are so cold and hard towards someone else. Any of them could have just removed their own scarf, gloves, coat, shoes, hustled the kid inside for a hot meal or drink in one of the places right next to him. To think these people are so numb and shut off - I don't want to be with people like this. BUT then I see deeper and think of their pain and what has caused them to become so hardened and selfish? Pain of their own? I don't know but what I do know is it only takes one act of kindness.

People are so hyped up on acts of kindness, buying a cup of coffee for the next stranger in the line up, paying a restaurant bill - this is great but where is the kindness for what's in front of their eyes? Is it because people don't want to become personally involved and open their hearts to share in pain, or to invest some of their own soul?

I want to be on my death bed the day it comes and KNOW I did everything in my power to help when I'm facing it because it is the human heart inside that is wanting love and love is what we have in abundance if we let it out. I do believe the more we love the more we grow and the more the little things don't matter. Kind of like when you have one child - you wonder how you can love more but yes your heart is capable of loving more children. And so let's love one another and grow as spirits.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Exactly!

I agree with you 1000%

And then some.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

...I professed my faith once on ATS I'm still trying to stitch my head back to my body it's a bit rough here there are definitely way too many wolves circling this group of sheep right now...

Martyr complex, much?

Sorry... couldn't resist the tender flank offered to 'the wolves...'

Most are pretty tolerant around here, for a broad, non vetted community, anyway... but you're correct that many here are not fans of religious dogma... of any sort. But many are, or hold lesser-known, more mystic-spiritual beliefs... so better to not 'paint with too broad strokes.'

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: DISRAELI

I'm pretty sure whoring out your account for Jesus love isn't a personal religious experience.

Hey look krazyshot whoring out his atheism again

Any christian thread will garner you a few stars with all your atheist friends.

You understand the word hypocrisy???

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

But the more we delve into God's word the more we will hear him speaking to us and if we open our heart and ask him to show us he will.

How do you know you aren't feeding your own delusion? I mean that honestly and politely, despite how it may have come across. This kind of subjective evidence for the existence of the Christian God is the last bastion of "proof" believers have. It's personal and powerful, sure. But does it actually prove anything?

Reading the word and opening your heart to the Lord, seeking proof. All of this going on in the mind. Of course, those who seek honestly, often find. But again, is this proof of the divine? Or evidence of the power of suggestion? What happens when one reads Qur'an and opens their heart to Allah, seeking his will? They find it. The same goes for most other religious belief systems.

So what gives? All of these people of different beliefs opening up their hearts and such, are having their different beliefs reenforced and backed up by their personal experiences.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

This brought tears to my throat and eyes....

Thank you.

As I was reading the first part I thought, "What about the pain of those people who are walking by ignoring the [worse] sufferer? How does that work??"

People are afraid - they are guarded - they feel vulnerable and naked themselves.

It's a sad state of affairs, for sure.

I wish I could give you applause for that post.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

He's an agnostic.
Post fail.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I am not perfect and find I am tempted constantly and struggle with issues but have recognized that when I am focusing too much on me and feeling like I'm about to be swallowed by the world to just still my mind and commune with Jesus - to search my heart and the heart of others. It means I just always try to make Jesus happy and not myself. There are times I feel like when is it my turn, when do I get to stop trying so hard to always say the appropriate thing, not to act in anger. Again, I do fail, a lot, but I pick myself up and focus on what brings glory to Jesus. It is hard work but it makes my relationship with Jesus stronger because he proves again and again how he delivers me from problems and to see a smile on someone else's face or to see their heart opening - that makes my heart want to burst knowing that if I am feeling that within myself then the other person is aware they too are worthy of love. And I grow spiritually and mentally.

I admit i gave up looking for a church to belong to. I couldn't stand going there and sitting with people who went through the motions and didn't want to get to know me, didn't even say hello and then during the week did insane things.

But it is the way of the end times. Yes, I believe we are living in the end times. And I say that with the mentality that we shall see Jesus. I don't wish for destruction upon anyone but this is prophecied and maybe it will happen in my time, maybe not but people are becoming more hardened and fellow believers aren't living with Jesus in their heart. The flesh is stronger than the spirit I guess.

Christians need to read the Bible and develop a personal relationship with Jesus. It floors me the percentage of Christians who think being one means they have to go to church, they have to do this and that. Being a Christian is knowing who Jesus is and acting with him in mind in all things but most don't realize it - and unfortunately, they are only getting their ideas from failing leaders in the church. No, WE, we are the church, not some building. Great, go to a building and worship God and learn about him but in the end we are the church and we are responsible to learn who we are in Christ and who he is to us.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Agreed, but there's another point... people don't have to be a card carrying Christian to be a decent, caring human.

Many already hold that basic empathy, whether innate or given by the unconditional love of parents/friends or just thinking it out or doing what makes one feel good.

But if a religion is the only way for some folks to realize and embrace basic empathy, than have at it...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

It means I just always try to make Jesus happy and not myself. There are times I feel like when is it my turn, when do I get to stop trying so hard to always say the appropriate thing, not to act in anger. Again, I do fail, a lot, but I pick myself up and focus on what brings glory to Jesus.

God is not judging you, dear heart.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It is sad. It's emotional abuse.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Agreed, but there's another point... people don't have to be a card carrying Christian to be a decent, caring human.

Absolutely, and that's what I'm trying to elucidate here.

Many already hold that basic empathy, whether innate or given by the unconditional love of parents/friends or just thinking it out or doing what makes one feel good.

I would venture to say MOST. Not just 'many.' MOST.

But if a religion is the only way for some folks to realize and embrace basic empathy, than have at it...

Agreed x 3! High five!!

My beef is with the 'I suck' mentality. No - we don't 'suck' - we are STUDENTS. Life throws curves and fouls and strikes....it's all so that we can learn what both sides feel like.

When I posted that "shh" vid above - it was to remind ccseagull and others that they are not being judged by some deranged overlord in the sky who might at any moment open the trap door so that they fall into a boiling acid pool of ill-tempered sea bass, OR sharks with lasers on their heads.

edit on 3/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: sticky q and missed bracket

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

WakeUpBeer - you are so kind in how you worded that, thank you

I have had this discussion with a few members on ATS before and they want proof and more proof. I can't prove something that is a personal experience. Ultimately we each have our own spiritual experiences and can only go on that. But having said that, as a Christian, we are to discern all things - to ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to us if it is the truth or fake.

I say this with the mindset of a Christian and so don't mean any offence, and in no way am I intending to give the impression that I know more than anyone or that I am better than anyone. But, as a Christian I do test the spirits. Satan (and this is where my belief comes in) is trying to deceive us constantly and part of that is to give us signs and wonders just as Jesus does. There are two sources of power: Jesus or the devil.

Also, does my experience line up with the word of God? And that is why we should (we Christians and those seeking) read the Bible to understand God more.

I have had spiritual experiences that were physical and I have had direct answers to prayers. So I have had personal experiences to some extent. I also had a bizarre post partum experience after my daughter was born and that was wild and I knew I wasn't thinking rationally. I've also battled terrible depression where I know I'm not thinking rationally but it's still controlling me. So with those experiences I can say I have been able to tell the difference between what was happening to me based on say my health and hormones and the difference between what was happening spiritually. I hope that helps define my own experiences as an answer.

As for others who are having their own experiences based on their own faith. I honestly can't answer that except - and again I want to say I mean no offence but am only thinking out loud here - are they being deceived? We are caught in a huge spiritual battle and it makes sense to me that someone might find comfort and faith in something that the devil has twisted to the extent that it becomes belief for some. Only God knows their hearts and so I can't comment but I do pray for them.

I will share a story that might help explain - in my early years I thought God hated me, that I was just a sinful ugly creature. I also believed in ghosts and a lot of paranormal stuff. When I found out how much God loved me through Jesus everything changed for me. And the more and more I learned who he was the more I learned how the paranormal is nothing than Satan leading us with "trails of candy". This is a weak example but I can relate to what others might be finding in their other faiths by what I myself went through.

I say this with an open mind and all respect to others.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh BuzzyWigs - LOL! Love it!

Let me elaborate: when I say I wonder when it's my turn it doesn't matter because in the end when I do what needs to be done out of love for the other person then it allows them to feel respect and love. And I learn from it. I can always go deeper, that is what I'm learning and my love for others grows. And so in a sense that is how I benefit. And my love towards others is my way of loving Jesus. I see Jesus in everyone. He talked to the lowest of humanity, that's where he hung.

The thing is we have the "lowest of the low" on our earth and they are all worthy of love but I see the rich and powerful of this world just as lost emotionally as those who visibly suffer in society.

But don't get me wrong: I won't put up with abuse. I can behave with respect and love but also stand up for myself assertively when need be. I can state facts but I know when to walk away. And in those instances I pray for such people.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
............sad sigh..............

If only you could let go of the 'Satan/Jesus' duality, and recognize that you are a perfect eternal spirit, no matter what -- living a life that is meant to teach you what you decided and intended to learn when you came here.

It would save you a lot of pain and self-castigation.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

WakeUpBeer - you are so kind in how you worded that, thank you

Thanks. And thank you for the honest response as well.

I have had this discussion with a few members on ATS before and they want proof and more proof. I can't prove something that is a personal experience. Ultimately we each have our own spiritual experiences and can only go on that. But having said that, as a Christian, we are to discern all things - to ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to us if it is the truth or fake.

Proof of things is good! I can't speak for any one else but myself. When I ask or demand proof of something (for the objective claims made about God/Bible, not the subjective ones) in this particular forum, it's precisely because I know none can be offered. This isn't the thread to pick apart this or that claim but the point I'm making is the claims don't stand up to scrutiny. From my position, I'm hoping pointing out all the flaws in any specific claim will cause people to start questioning their faith more. I say the subjective experiences are the last bastion of proof because everything else doesn't stand up to scrutiny. That being said, I also don't think the subjective ones do either, but they are harder to tackle as they are often very personal and powerful, and mean a lot to people. Let's take what you said about discerning all things and ask where that has taken Christianity as a whole. Countless denominations and a rocky, sometimes violent past. Let's face it. Christianity itself is divided on what the Holy Spirit reveals as truth or fake. In regards to interpretations of scripture, not necessarily physical "proof" like the resting place of Noah's Ark or the Shroud of Turin. What I'm getting at is basically this: One man's message from God is another man's lie from the devil.

I say this with the mindset of a Christian and so don't mean any offence, and in no way am I intending to give the impression that I know more than anyone or that I am better than anyone. But, as a Christian I do test the spirits. Satan (and this is where my belief comes in) is trying to deceive us constantly and part of that is to give us signs and wonders just as Jesus does. There are two sources of power: Jesus or the devil.

I don't find you the least bit offensive. While I am tempted to ask for proof and more proof (lol) in regards to the Devil, I will save it for another time. I do want to point out that there is only one source of power in Christianity. God himself. I understand what you're saying though. Still, the Devil can't do anything unless God allows it. Does that make God guilty? Does that mean he is using the Devil as a scapegoat? Those questions are rhetorical as I already know the answers from your perspective (well maybe not yours specifically, but the Christian one). Feel free to share your thoughts on that though.

Also, does my experience line up with the word of God? And that is why we should (we Christians and those seeking) read the Bible to understand God more.

This is another one of those things that depends on a persons personal interpretation of the scripture, and relationship with God. Take the issue of homosexuality for example. Again I say, one man's message from God is another man's lie from the devil.

I have had spiritual experiences that were physical and I have had direct answers to prayers. So I have had personal experiences to some extent. I also had a bizarre post partum experience after my daughter was born and that was wild and I knew I wasn't thinking rationally. I've also battled terrible depression where I know I'm not thinking rationally but it's still controlling me. So with those experiences I can say I have been able to tell the difference between what was happening to me based on say my health and hormones and the difference between what was happening spiritually. I hope that helps define my own experiences as an answer.

Nothing for me to raise an eyebrow over here. I should say though, that I'm not convinced "miracles" or "answered prayers" don't ever happen. Obviously I don't think the source is God though. I guess I suppose there may be something to quantum physics and how the act of observing/intention can effect the world around us. Of course I don't know if there is any merit to that or not. I haven't kept up on quantum physics (which would go over my head anyway) and I got those ideas from Gregg Braden/What the Bleep Do We Know? years and years ago. At any rate, I'm not denying spiritual/unexplained experiences (I've had a couple too).

As for others who are having their own experiences based on their own faith. I honestly can't answer that except - and again I want to say I mean no offence but am only thinking out loud here - are they being deceived? We are caught in a huge spiritual battle and it makes sense to me that someone might find comfort and faith in something that the devil has twisted to the extent that it becomes belief for some. Only God knows their hearts and so I can't comment but I do pray for them.

Do I think they are deceived? Well, not by the devil obviously. In all honesty I think religions and belief systems are a great example of the human condition.

I will share a story that might help explain - in my early years I thought God hated me, that I was just a sinful ugly creature. I also believed in ghosts and a lot of paranormal stuff. When I found out how much God loved me through Jesus everything changed for me. And the more and more I learned who he was the more I learned how the paranormal is nothing than Satan leading us with "trails of candy". This is a weak example but I can relate to what others might be finding in their other faiths by what I myself went through.

Interesting and kind of the reverse of my experiences. In my later years (as a Christian) I wondered if God hated me. Or at least, if he had predestined me for Hell. I thought this because I had spent the last ten years or so scrutinizing him and realizing things didn't add up. For a brief period I even accepted the fact I was doomed to go to Hell. Then I told myself I wasn't a Christian anymore. I didn't mean it but didn't realize it at that time. Weeks later in my consumption of UFO related media I found a Christian podcast on the so called "Alien Deception" conspiracy theory. I felt God lead me to that podcast/the guy behind it and for a month or so after that I was back on board. Except that relationship he "obviously" wanted to have with me was very one sided. In retrospect, what was really happening was there was a battle with myself waging within me. I was struggling to try and keep believing in something, I knew deep down I didn't. Once I realized that a weight was lifted off my shoulders. For a week or so I called myself agnostic (if you look at one of my first posts at ATS I say I'm agnostic) but soon realized atheism was a better fit. As for paranormal stuff.. well I just don't know. I wouldn't wave it all away as trails of devil candy lol. But of course from the Christian perspective I understand where you're coming from.

I say this with an open mind and all respect to others.

Me as well. Though somewhat hypocritically I guess.

Sorry for huge wall of text!

edit on 3-26-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Yes! Free your mind from dogma, make a little room for some catma!

It is a sad life for the greyface friend. I would much rather enjoy sodomy and poker night in hell with Saddam, Elvis and Abbott and Costello for eternity than endure one hour in Thud with all those greyfaces!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Hi WakeUpBeer - good response, it's given me lots to think about. I don't have the time at the moment but I will get back to you

Have a great night!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join