It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, Dare To Show Yourselves And S&F And Leave A Comment On THIS Thread.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I respect your religion and your beliefs.

But, come on. This is just a tad pathetic asking for stars and flags.

Why not just start a thread about what Jesus means to you instead and have others contribute.

No star, no flag buddy.

In fact, this is one of those threads I wish we could take away stars and flags.

Best of luck though. Hope you have some thick skin because you are likely to be roasted to hell and back for this thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND
Howzit

(Let's make this one huge!) I want this to be a (who is Jesus personally to me) megathread.

Don't forget to S&F and comment sincerely on this: who is JESUS to me.

Christianity IS the ONLY true way to heaven and we can share this message so God can save a few who hear.

The worldly powers that be have criminalized, alieniated and attempted to destroy this ONE TRUE message of salvation from Jesus to the world, but...

There are those of us who still hold fast to this ONE TRUTH.

S&F if you are one of Jesus children, thanks.

Jesus to me is... My love, my life, my freedom, my God, my king, my future and so much more. He is my eternal life and everything pure, holy and good. He showed me holiness over filth and blessings over curses. I am in Him and He is in me. My creator, my father, my friend. My savior. I would happily die to be with Him forever. He is the creator of ALL things. I LOVE HIM and will eternally. He is beauty and power. He is GOD... as a man.

Thanks and good luck brothers and sisters, Jesus be with you always.

Shot bru.

What and the hell is a S&F?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TheIceQueen

I can't tell if you are serious (lol?)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

I'm with ya.

I almost answered and then thought that there is no way that's a serious question from someone that has been a member since 2012.

Maybe I'm wrong. Don't know.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
lol what makes THIS thread so important? what do i get if i comment and flag and star? a cookie? 10 cookies? 10 cookies AND ETERNAL SALVATION?! oh wait, i already have the latter. but WHERE'S MAH COOKIES qQ

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'll jump I professed my faith once on ATS I'm still trying to stitch my head back to my body it's a bit rough here there are definitely way too many wolves circling this group of sheep right now Good luck I'll lend you stitches when I am done.

It was definitely worth it I will never go back on my Faith for my Father will never turn his back on me!!
edit on 26-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: added

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
I'll jump I professed my faith once on ATS I'm still trying to stitch my head back to my body it's a bit rough here there are definitely way too many wolves circling this group of sheep right now Good luck I'll lend you stitches when I am done.

It was definitely worth it I will never go back on my Faith for my Father will never turn his back on me!!

The intolerance to religious viewpoints around here inside a specific forum for religious viewpoints is very ignorant, and that in itself elicits responses because you know, deny ignorance is the motto.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
You know i respect every ones POV no matter what your faith or orientation I respect everyone's beliefs but the Christian community always gets the blunt end of the stick . if this intolerance on ATS were to be dissolved it'd be a nicer place... reply to: TinfoilTP

edit on 26-3-2015 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

He is Yahweh incarnate, Yahweh remains separate but is one with him, everything he said and did came from Yahweh and he said "No one come's to the father but by me, he who see's me see's the father/the one who sent me", he is word of God and the word of God is actually god manifest, as he took the form of a man he is also the Son of God as well as actually being God, the point is you do not see the father if you do not believe in Jesus as Jesus is the father as much as the father is and all he does come's from the father through him, Jesus body is also the living Temple of God and the spirit of God is very much one with him in all that he is so separating the two is impossible as they are one and in fact three with the holy spirit but nevertheless God is also separate, confused join most people who have pondered this and think of the simple explanation Patris gave the Irish when he plucked a three leaf clover, it is one clover but there are three leaf's, it is seemingly crude but in fact elegant and effective answer.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: ATF1886

The intolerance to religious viewpoints around here inside a specific forum for religious viewpoints is very ignorant, and that in itself elicits responses because you know, deny ignorance is the motto.

I've yet to see a Christian stay out of a thread about pagan, eastern, and even other Abrahamic faiths. I wouldn't want them to, either. It's expected because this area is to discuss religion/spirituality with all of the members of ATS.

I mean, there's definitely a line to be drawn when it becomes trolling but the responses on here seem to mostly target the OP asking for flags and such (which isn't a biggie to me). The other thing people seem to respond to is when they're told they will burn forever in a fiery torment their god created just for them. Or that their religion is the ONLY correct one. Those sorts of claims are not necessary to have a discussion but Christians like to put them in their threads so... yeah, it might upset some people.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
All I want to say is:

HAIL ERIS!!! OUR LADY CHAOS!

I love you all, whatever gods you keep, for we are all worthy of being loved.

All hail Discordia!

She has a golden apple ready to give to the person who is the best Christian.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Jesus played a role in leading me out of Christianity.

1st Thessalonians 5:21 says:
"Prove all things; hold fast to that which is good."

I found there to be an extreme lack of proof, on his part.

edit on 3-26-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

when they're told they will burn forever in a fiery torment their god created just for them. Or that their religion is the ONLY correct one. Those sorts of claims are not necessary to have a discussion but Christians like to put them in their threads so... yeah, it might upset some people.

Precisely.
And the begging for a jet plane ....or wait - a cure prayer for ALS...or.....no, wait. This thread: begging for stars and flags....or should I say "COMMANDING" stars and flags. With a couple of nice little reminders thrown in.

Perhaps the OP isn't aware that many hundreds of ATSers are onto 'textual injection'/SEO, the subliminal psychology of disinfo and appeals to frailty or whatever 'talking points' they think will work (or were taught would work)....

or hasn't taken the time to peruse the forum history and/or use the search engine.

In any case, it was an immediate turn off - and the 'burning forever in your personal hell', or being 'the only saved losers', etc only adds to it.
Belated Imbolc Blessings, Cuervo

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
When I say, “I am a Christian”

I’m not shouting, “I’ve been saved!”
I’m whispering, “I get lost sometimes
That’s why I chose this way”
I don’t speak with human pride
I’m confessing that I stumble –
needing God to be my guide
I’m not trying to be strong
I’m professing that I’m weak
and pray for strength to carry on

I’m not bragging of success
I’m admitting that I’ve failed
and cannot ever pay the debt
I don’t think I know it all
I submit to my confusion
asking humbly to be taught
I’m not claiming to be perfect
My flaws are far too visible
but God believes I’m worth it

I still feel the sting of pain
I have my share of heartache
which is why I seek God’s name
I do not wish to judge
I have no authority
I only know I’m loved

- by Carol Wimmer

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

That was beautiful.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That is a lovely poem. Thanks for posting it.

Why does it have to include that you are weak and flawed and confused and a failure?
See - that's what I don't think is necessary to still get the message of Jesus across.

The poetry is very nice - even "moving"....but why does it have to "move" the 'shame' in us? Why can't it just be about celebrating life - this life, the next, and the next after that?

I'm sorry that you're sad. My beliefs don't make me sad.

edit on 3/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

At least, where they pertain to "me". My beliefs do make me sad for the majority of the world, however. ... the awful atrocities that occur every day, thousands of times a day. My beliefs assure me that everything is as it's meant to be right now - that all things come back around to the Truth. That we are all sparks of the Divine....and here to learn about what it takes to graduate to the spiritual realm.

Like pieces of glass ....

I know you hurtin' and worryin', I can feel it on you, but you oughta quit on it now. Because I want it over and done. I do. I'm tired, boss. Tired of bein' on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other. I'm tired of all the pain I feel and hear in the world everyday. There's too much of it. It's like pieces of glass in my head all the time. Can you understand?

John Coffey quotes from The Green Mile

edit on 3/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Why does it have to include that you are weak and flawed and confused and a failure?

God is like a dad who constantly tells his children they aren't good enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

It's sad for them, isn't it? My parents loved me unconditionally. Just like I love my own two kids.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hi Buzzy Wigs - to be truthful I wanted to share this poem as it hits the nail on the head when one is new to Christianity. In my walk, which is personal relationship with Jesus, I have learned that when God looks at me he doesn't see my sins any more. He sees me as righteous and clean because Jesus has wiped me clean in purity.

Now, I see myself as a daughter of God. Those who have joined God's family by making a personal choice, we are sons and daughters of the most High. We are part of God, but we are not God. We have access to God an have the Holy Spirit living in us. We can activate the Holy Spirit to spread God's love and prophecy, heal, interpret God's word. Now, this does not mean I am zapping the Holy Spirit around and working wonders as each person is on a different learning curve and must get to know God through Jesus. Basically he is love and we are to do all things in love and focus on him.

So I am thrilled and I am at peace with who I am in God.

See I used to read the Bible and watch these nut cases (some, not all are) go on rants and act like they knew it all and I was just dirty scum. But the more we delve into God's word the more we will hear him speaking to us and if we open our heart and ask him to show us he will. And my life has started to become more real spiritually than my physical reality. I don't expect anyone to understand, including some of my fellow Christians, but God is very much alive and he is all powerful and he just wants to commune with us. I"m trying to live my life with the focus that when I get to heaven I'll be like, "Hey, Jesus, finally! Let me hug you with all my being." But I know in fact I will throw myself on the floor and worship him because he is just so much more love and purity and "everything" that I can't even possibly begin to imagine. And so I want to know him more and more and more. He is my best friend.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

We are part of God, but we are not God. We have access to God an have the Holy Spirit living in us. We can activate the Holy Spirit to spread God's love and prophecy, heal, interpret God's word.

Almost.....
we are part of God, and we are God.

Yes, we have 'access' to the inner part of us that is connected irrevocably to the Divine...and yes, the Holy Spirit is that spark.

You are absolutely right - we can activate it and spread the love and healing.......
as spiritual beings having a physical experience, all at the same time.....we are all PARTS of "God."

That's why it will take everyone focusing on the same goal to make things better. If we did that, we could move up toward the True Realm. But there are too many here who are new, or filled with shame or fear, or because they need to simply survive do not have the luxury of thinking about anything but their next meal....

When I realize that collectively we could ensure that EVERYONE has food, clean water, health care, adequate shelter, clothing, and access to the world - it makes me sick that so many billions of people refuse to rally together to do so.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join