It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Team of Biohackers Has Figured Out How to Inject Your Eyeballs With Night Vision

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
A Team of Biohackers Has Figured Out How to Inject Your Eyeballs With Night Vision

I'm not sure I'd like to be the one getting the dose of nightvision.
However this is very cool to see some guys doing some serious science out of their garage.

I wonder if the military is going to swoop in and classify this. If it goes dark you'll definitely know what happened.

The nightbreed eyes there are creepy as hell.

In "people becoming superhuman" news, a small independent research group has figured out how to give humans night vision, allowing them to see over 50 meters in the dark for a short time.

Science for the Masses, a group of biohackers based a couple hours north of Los Angeles in Tehachapi, California, theorized they could enhance healthy eyesight enough that it would induce night vision. To do this, the group used a kind of chlorophyll analog called Chlorin e6 (or Ce6), which is found in some deep-sea fish and is used as an occasional method to treat night blindness.

"Going off that research, we thought this would be something to move ahead with," the lab's medical officer, Jeffrey Tibbetts, told Mic. "There are a fair amount of papers talking about having it injected in models like rats, and it's been used intravenously since the '60s as a treatment for different cancers. After doing the research, you have to take the next step."

To do so, team biochem researcher Gabriel Licina became a guinea pig.

How it happened: With what's basically a really fine turkey baster, Tibbetts slowly dripped 50 microliters of Ce6, an extremely low dose, into Licina's speculum-stretched eyes, aiming for the conjunctival sac, which carried the chemical to the retina.

edit on 26-3-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
cool stuff. on a side note, injects isn't really the right term.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As cool as that sounds I'll stick go putting some goggles on!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I wonder if it interferes with sleep.

👣

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

After looking at his eyes are you sure this isn't some sort of scam. Those look like the eyes of the stereotypical grey to me, I'll bet he's just one of them in disguise.

On a serious note, this is awesome. I wonder if they can formulate a version that can be dropped in with less accuracy required. Like just water it down to the point where it will flow in on its own. I want to play.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MasterOfTheDamned

I salute you sir.
You are able to conspiracy theorize with the best of them.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That guy's eyes were scary. I wonder if light would hurt your eyes after having it done. I also wonder if it could cause eye damage if they use it for too long.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Once they develop Riddick eyes I will be lining up.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Hells yes!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Is this permanent?
Will his eyes stay that creepy looking forever and ever ?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm with not with the whole grey eyes but ill take Crazy glowing riddick eyes!!!a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Avicenne
Is this permanent?
Will his eyes stay that creepy looking forever and ever ?

No, please read the article or the OP again.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

They're already correcting blindness by hardwiring cameras directly into the visual cortex of the brain.

Soon it'll be available as a camera mounted in a glass eye.

Night Vision contact lenses aren't far away. (That is if they don't already exist and is classified)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

OMG BLACK EYED CHILDREN (all growed up)
edit on 26-3-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I will thank you.
But I can't now, for some reason I cant open the link where I am ...

Thanks again for the help

Found the info, sorry i missed it.
edit on 26-3-2015 by Avicenne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

But they are, after all, a bunch of guys working out of a garage. So they went out to a dark field and tested Licina's new superpowers.

It want be long till we see "DIY Eyeballs With Night Vision" youtube videos!!! : P

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I would be be very careful about squirting assorted chemicals into the eye. This does not appear to be an actual intraocular injection so i'm wondering whether it is working the way they assume. Article says it somehow reaches the retina from the conjunctiva, but i'm not so sure. The retina is part of the central nervous system and very delicate. Proceed with caution.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Sadly the experiment ended in disaster when the volunteer killed everyone else in the room with a tin cup.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

But they are, after all, a bunch of guys working out of a garage. So they went out to a dark field and tested Licina's new superpowers.

It want be long till we see "DIY Eyeballs With Night Vision" youtube videos!!! : P

There was a Pitch Black special way back when on scifi, not to mention a number of mini-videos on the Pitch Black website when it first opened. One of them (and possibly the special as well) specifically had to do with a slam DOCTOR shining a prisoners eyes. They even showed part of the "procedure."

SO the quote riddick made about getting a shine job was canon.

Also you guys to no this is derived from a idea in Fallout 3 right? a drug called Cat Eye.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Did they have cat eye in 3? I'm playing new vegas atm and I know it's in there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join