It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our moon artificial? The lesser known smoking gun fact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Nasa had sensors on the moon that it used to detect vibrations. kinda like a seismograph.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

the pic you link as " evidence " contradicts your own claim - FFS

a reply to: johnwick

no - the slope of mountains is not 33 degrees

have either of you ever been outside ???

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Actually I just looked this up and apparently Buzz Aldrin used a seismometer and claimed the Moon was ringing like a bell. Although, when my teacher told me the story, he said a rocket was fired at it. Interesting none the less.

Number 7 on this list.

www.kickassfacts.com...

edit on 26/3/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
I agree with you op

But I fear the ones in control are allready trying to find out why it rings as a bell..

shooting rockets at it and all.

It didn't "ring like a bell".

What it did was continue to vibrate longer than they first expected. Seismic vibrations on Earth dampen quickly, but those on the moon do not.

They think the reason for this is that on Earth, similar vibrations due to earthquakes will dampen much more quickly because the Earth is not as solid and monolithic as the Moon. The crust and mantle of the Earth -- due to water infiltration, active geology, and other erosive effects -- is more cracked and broken and more spongy than the Moon. That general sponginess is thought to dampen seismic waves in the Earth, while the more solid rock of the moon allows those waves to continue to propagate for a longer amount of time.

On Earth, vibrations from quakes usually die away in only half a minute. The reason has to do with chemical weathering, Neal explains: "Water weakens stone, expanding the structure of different minerals. When energy propagates across such a compressible structure, it acts like a foam sponge--it deadens the vibrations." Even the biggest earthquakes stop shaking in less than 2 minutes.

The moon, however, is dry, cool and mostly rigid, like a chunk of stone or iron. So moonquakes set it vibrating like a tuning fork. Even if a moonquake isn't intense, "it just keeps going and going," Neal says. And for a lunar habitat, that persistence could be more significant than a moonquake's magnitude.

Source:
Moonquakes

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Actually I just looked this up and apparently Buzz Aldrin used a seismometer and claimed the Moon was ringing like a bell. Although, when my teacher told me the story, he said a rocket was fired at it. Interesting none the less.

Number 7 on this list.

www.kickassfacts.com...

Yes and no. The seismometer set up on the Moon recorded the vibrations caused by the LM crashing back to the moon (intentionally) after taking the astronauts back to the command module. As I mentioned above, scientists were a bit surprised to find that the moon continued to vibrate longer than expected, but now believe (again as mentioned above) that's due to the Moon being more monolithic and less "geologically fractured".

The extended vibrations are analogous to a tuning fork or a bell vibrating longer than a cracked tuning fork or cracked bell.

edit on 3/26/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

I remember when I was in primary school and my teacher explaining that he thought the moon could be artificial, as the U.S had fired a rocket at it and it resonated a ringing sound. I was amazed by this and it has always stuck with me. This must have been around 1979/80, so they must have been firing rockets at the moon to ensure it was solid and they were able to make a landing there.

Your teacher should have been sanctioned for discussing his beliefs with impressionable youngsters. Oh and to further correct your ruined education on this subject (not your fault) we first landed unmanned craft on the moon in 1966. We got there in person in July 1969.
We fired those missiles at the moon six years ago

Why should of he been sanctioned?

He was right about the moon ringing like a bell.

Oh and for the record, I know when the moon landings took place, but thanks for the reminder.
edit on 26/3/15 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
There's a huge difference between "same depth" and "same range of depth".

Meaning crater depths are, more or less, in the same ballpark.

Which one would expect, considering that the Moon's mass and internal consistency have remained constant for... almost forever? And that it's late bombardment consisted of asteroids/meteorites that were largely all from the same source, it would make sense that most of them were of similar size.

It'd be a lot more fun if it was artificial, though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: genma

Probably the BEST book on this is:
WHO BUILT THE MOON?
By Alan Butler

It's mind-bending and extremely well researched and scientifically documented.

I wrote about the mass of bogus 'documentation' in 1982, linked here:

www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

We can also look at native American oral history where they discuss the fact there was a point in time where the moon was not present.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

The slump factor for loose dirt and sand is approximately 32 degrees give or take depending on granularity and viscosity. Mountain ranges consist of solid rock so no they don't conform to the slump factor.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

We can also look at native American oral history where they discuss the fact there was a point in time where the moon was not present.

I've heard that before. Fascinating. Can you share anymore?

Maybe some books, articles or links?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

I will dig around and try to find it.. It comes from either the Navajo or Cherokee.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: intrptr

All of the moon's craters have the same range of depth.

The moons mass determines the angle and slope of valley rims (crater walls). Just like on earth, a slope is the same for most mountains. Once they become high enough they slide to equalize. The Egyptians figured this out when building the massive pyramids.

Someone else link it, I gotta go…

Mountain slopes

It is I believe 33 degrees in earth gravity.

Hence the 33 rd degree mason being the highest.

Ahhh, on the level and by the plumb. The masons began in Egypt, didn't they?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: genma
Also look up the moon hologram videos where the surface of the moon has to resynch like the picture on a tv sometimes does. There's definitely something going on.

Yes there is. The youtuber [Crrow777] doesn't understand the effects of ground loop problems on his video equipment.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Number 7 on this list.

www.kickassfacts.com...

You need to look further. Several Apollo missions left seismometers that recorded impacts, both natural and man-made. Buzz is not the origin of the claim that it 'rang like a bell'.

The key word is 'like'. It's a metaphor. It is neither hollow nor artificial.

Several probes have been crash landed since Apollo. We do not have seismic recordings for those because Apollo's transmitters were turned off in 1973.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Just because someone looks cool in eagle feathers doesn't mean they aren't talking crap.

Creation myths are just that, myths, and "a time before the moon" is as nice a way as any of saying 'like, ages ago'.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This would mean the impact objects had the same range of energy when they hit with a combination of mass and speed.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i think the moon is occupied, by both earthly and non-earthly contingents. they are probably friendly, to a degree, with each other. as to the moon being artificial? i can't rule out the possibility. i recall reading of ancient texts (possibly Homer) recounting a time when the moon wasn't there. which of course implies that at some point it was 'put there'.

all interesting speculation

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

Number 7 on this list.

www.kickassfacts.com...

You need to look further. Several Apollo missions left seismometers that recorded impacts, both natural and man-made. Buzz is not the origin of the claim that it 'rang like a bell'.

The key word is 'like'. It's a metaphor. It is neither hollow nor artificial.

Several probes have been crash landed since Apollo. We do not have seismic recordings for those because Apollo's transmitters were turned off in 1973.

Thanks for that. I guess there is quite a bit of metal on Eatrh and the Moon, maybe this contributes to the effect? Interesting though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

No it did make an audible sound. Which means John Lear might be right about the moon having an atmosphere. His mathematics and equations do make sense using the Boliqlis law of inverness square. Have you read the book "Who built the moon" very fascinating stuff.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakeknows15

No it did make an audible sound. Which means John Lear might be right about the moon having an atmosphere. His mathematics and equations do make sense using the Boliqlis law of inverness square. Have you read the book "Who built the moon" very fascinating stuff.

Do you have any source that can confirm that it made an "audible sound"?

Everything I ever read on the subject only mentions the seismographic "ringing" (i.e., vibrations). I've never heard anything about it making an audible sound.

edit on 3/26/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join