It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hans Wilhelm: LIFE explained; Universal Spiritual Truths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Good Morning, class!

Today I want to introduce you to an individual I just discovered this morning. I did a simple youtube search for things related to the spirit, the soul, karma, reincarnation, Divine unity, and all that "hippy crap" that so many, sadly, denegrate and dismiss as nonsense.

Hans has an excellent grasp of so-called "New Age" theory, and he explains in brief videos (under 10 minutes, usually half of that) his understanding of what Life is all about, and the big questions: Who are we? Why are we here? What are we doing? Where will we go?

I have watched several of them just now, and they make it simpler for the 'beginners' to understand what so many talk about - Karma, Reincarnation, Soul life, Soul mates/partners, Death and Dying, etc.

I thought they might be helpful for those seekers who don't quite grasp what we New-Agers are talking about.
Even if you think it's all 'crap' and 'woo', viewing them will at least help you understand what it's about and why (to some of us) it makes perfect sense.

The first one is his intro, and is optional. The other two are the Reincarnation explanation he presents, which includes WHY modern Christianity doesn't 'recognize' reincarnation except as blasphemy and the fact FACT that early Christians and Jesus talked about it.

There are many other videos as well, and for those who can't watch video, here is his website: www.lifeexplained.com...

The guy has a nice accent, too. He lives in the US. Give it a try if you really want to understand what we 'New-Agers' and mystics are talking about. I've heard many speakers talk about these things, and they all pretty much say the same thing.

Have you heard of him? What do you think? Even if you disagree, let's discuss it.
Namaste. Join us.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I am choosing not to do this again. Thank you very much.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

So, you're a one-liner? Back of the line!!

lol

It's fine if you want to choose that. Won't really make any difference, though.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: kenzohattori69

Doing what? Incarnating? I don't think you have much of a choice. You won't remember anything from this life, at least not for very long, in your next life so you wouldn't know you were doing it again anyways.

I think it's a beautiful concept and answers so many questions personally. It also shows that everyone is "forgiven" no matter their crimes, we all have a chance to correct ourselves and come into the knowledge of the divine within us. Don't get it this time? No worries, you have infinite chances to get it right, and when you do you will be in awe at the beauty of it all. That's the biggest reward in my opinion, coming to know yourself as an eternal being and realizing the true majesty of the universe and yourself.

S&F, I'll take a look at the videos later, gotta go to work now unfortunately.

edit on 3/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Good Morning, class!

*holds hand up*

Miss...Miss...MIIISSSS!

How are Mister Willhelms theories any different from the many others that proceeded him, and why is the new age belief system such a convoluted mess at times? I'm ascared to ask but I need good grades so my parents will buy me a Nintendo.

I'm sorry. Childish jokes aside, do you consider this man highly regarded in his field or is he just another contributor to an already cluttered belief system?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

do you consider this man highly regarded in his field or is he just another contributor to an already cluttered belief system?

You may lower your hand, cake.

I have only just discovered him, so I can't speak to his reputation. As I said, he is not the first who has presented this information to my knowledge. I've heard it all before, and I believe it. One of the videos mentions many other 'seers' and 'mystics' who have shared the information (which includes Jesus, by the way - although his [Wilhelm's] video collage is of currently living people as well as those who have passed already).

I first became aware of it about 35 years ago, and it struck a chord with me. Since then I have read dozens upon dozens of books regarding the concepts, documentaries, lectures, workshops, etc. The belief system is really quite straight-forward once one gets the basics. It answers (in my mind) ALL of the big questions, and is based on the basic Universal Law of 'The Golden Rule' - across ALL cultures and known history. These same concepts have never "gone away" - although they've become obfuscated by modern 'clerics'.

That is the reason I reject modern "Christianity" in most of its forms. It's been obvious to me since I was a small child that the messages delivered from the pulpit were incongruous at best, and devastatingly destructive at worst. My experience living this life has always pointed toward the 'Truths' these intuitives are trying to share with humanity.

Long before I knew about philosophy, or psychology, or group-think, I "knew" in my deepest soul that I had an inkling of something much less "scary" than the religions taught (original sin, hell-fire and damnation, worthlessness, dependence, etc). It NEVER made sense to me.

When I was a kid, I started noticing this unseemly sensation of "expanding head" - where I would feel as if my head were much larger than my skull - that my 'existence' radiated outward from my slight physical form. That I was here for some reason I didn't know. I can now summon that sensation at will - but only a few times have I enjoyed brief periods of 'divine enlightenment'.

It's a fleeting feeling, but with practice, it becomes more familiar and less surprising. It's delicious, sublime, indescribable really (which is why so many Westerners just can't wrap their heads around it) - but very profound, very real, and impossible to dismiss once one has experienced it and recognized it for what it is.

It may seem 'confusing' or 'complicated', or 'crazy' and 'delusional' and 'wishful thinking' - but it's really very sensible if one opens their mind enough to consider it. I agree with his theories on a deep, in-my-guts, in my heart knowledge that they are the truth.

edit on 3/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

One of the interesting tidbits about Wilhelm is that he's able to address the subject without denying 'Christianity'. Mystics and gnostics all generally acknowledge that figures throughout history have taught this same thing - and are 'used to' being called whackos, 'hippies', woo-woo idiots etc.

Thing is, it's true whether or not one believes in it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Thanks for this! I've never heard of him before, but I really like this guy! Easy to listen to and makes a lot of sense, in my opinion.

I like this one. Just what I needed to hear today!

Good job Buzzy!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I thought you might like it!! Was thinking about you when I posted it.
Thanks for chiming in!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Good Morning, class!

LOL. Oh, sorry... I meant to say:

Gooooooood mooooorrrrrrrrnnnnnning, teacher!

These videos could be used in a classroom setting, I would think. Regarding reincarnation, I enjoyed how he explained it.

A few thoughts about it. We all know that energy is conserved, so reincarnation does fit in with that pattern. And, the understanding that the pattern of life will just keep replicating its same pattern is quite enough for some people to realize this is not necessarily a good thing. This life is full of suffering and ends in death - only to start up again - and again - and again? All of our loved ones die and so do we? What kind of plan is that?! It isn't really a plan, but just the way things work, the way things just keep replicating - like cellular reproduction, so too, life after life. Hey, stop this merry-go-round, I want to get off, some people say.

I also enjoyed that he brought up his thoughts about the reason we do not remember our past lives generally speaking, although it sounded a bit idealistic (or "new-agey") to me. The brain is structured to actually keep such past life experiences out of our conscious awareness. The brain is not about ever-expanding our experience of our subconscious, unconscious, what is above the brain, etc. - but about keeping much of that out of our awareness, so that we can consciously focus on this life.

But of course, some people report that certain memories or intuitions of past lives sometimes leak through or are experienced when an above-the-brain experience occurs, etc. But such experiences and knowledge of reincarnation is hardly consoling when you really consider it fully.

To get off the merry-go-round takes hooking up with the Reality that transcends the pattern that just keeps patterning, replicating, with more than machine-like persistence. He has touched on this transcendence in his consideration of attraction and love, etc., and I assume he says more about this later.

What's our homework? To tell daddy that he better be real nice to me because I may be his daddy next life? No? What about mommy? Was she... oh boy, Freud would have a field day with the ideas presented in that video!

edit on 3/27/2015 by bb23108 because:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bb23108

I do think they'd be great in a classroom setting on 'comparative religion' or 'human spirituality'.
Thank you for participating.

When I first exposed myself to Buddhist/Oriental thinking, it was very hard to grasp....at that time only Alan Watts was publishing for a Western (Occidental) audience. Fortunately, many people have come up now (been trained) with the understanding and/or learned it through practice, focus, and study - and now more Westerners have access to the ideas.

edit on 3/27/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Actually earlier than Alan Watts, Edgar Cayce impacted many Westerners relative to these matters:

en.wikipedia.org...

As did Vivekananda and many others in the 20s, 30s, and 40s.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Indeed. Thank you for that reminder. I should have said that Alan Watts was simply the first one to whom I was exposed.
Since then, I've become very aware of Theosophist history and also Edgar Cayce.

Fascinating stuff.
Makes sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Indeed. Thank you for that reminder. I should have said that Alan Watts was simply the first one to whom I was exposed.
Since then, I've become very aware of Theosophist history and also Edgar Cayce.

Fascinating stuff.
Makes sense.

Reincarnation is fascinating in many ways, especially to us westerners who were not brought up in a culture in which this was simply accepted. It is perhaps even more fascinating, even consoling, if you were brought up believing that when you die you are dead.

However, endless incarnations are not a consolation for many people, especially in the east - where many of them have been extremely impoverished, even starving and suffering greatly for centuries. From this viewpoint, various ways out of this difficult world were developed - some authentic in terms of going beyond the endless cycle of gross physical incarnations, etc. - and some not so authentic.

Some speakers relative to reincarnation talk about how the soul evolves, etc., at varying degrees from lifetime to lifetime. It is presented as though it is a consolation of some kind. Is this really a consolation? Shouldn't this simple understanding deeply move a person to transcend this endless replication of patterning, if at all possible? Why would we want to live, have some pleasurable moments, but mainly suffer, then die, along with everyone we fall in love with doing the same - life after life after life, without really fully understanding what is really going on?

Once we are convicted that reincarnation is the case, that the being in terms of what is beyond the physical body-mind does not die - doesn't this understanding also deepen the impulse to realize what is the Reality we actually are arising in altogether?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

It is presented as though it is a consolation of some kind. Is this really a consolation? Shouldn't this simple understanding deeply move a person to transcend this endless replication of patterning, if at all possible?

People who suffer horribly through their lives often don't 'want' to come back; but the "Law of Karma" stipulates that until we've learned all the lessons, and lived both sides (harmful and harmed), we are ready to transcend. Therefore, when we reincarnate, our oversoul remembers what our course is and what we came to do, but our physical consciousness while living it seems spontaneous.

doesn't this understanding also deepen the impulse to realize what is the Reality we actually are arising in altogether?

I'm not sure what you mean here - you mean expedite it by suicide? Or explore and test ideas about it?

Wilhelm has videos re Karma and Suicide that are very explanatory as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean here - you mean expedite it by suicide? Or explore and test ideas about it?

Wilhelm has videos re Karma and Suicide that are very explanatory as well.

Oh I was definitely NOT talking about suicide. I was speaking about fully embracing our life here, to the point of actually understanding and transcending the patterns that have it endlessly replicating itself here. In other words, submitting to the spiritual Reality in which we all arise rather than just going with the flow of patterning (maya, karma) that conditionality constantly generates.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

In other words, submitting to the spiritual Reality in which we all arise rather than just going with the flow of patterning (maya, karma) that conditionality constantly generates.

Many of us want to do that. The problem, as I see it, is that not all souls are on the same level (or 'vibration'), so there are always 'upper-classmen' and 'kindergartners' here.

I believe the world could be transformed if everyone were able to get on the same page, but that is simply not possible. Not everyone is equipped to think on higher levels - philosophical levels.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I guess that depends on what people are thinking is spirituality.

A very basic truth is that we all exist in a vast condition of relatedness. We are completely dependent on our external environment. This simple fact can be fully embraced, and it will go far in terms of countering the tendency to feel like we are some kind of self-encapsulated independent entity, contracted upon some illusory sense of self inside the body.

The more we recognize this fundamental law of our condition here, the more the reality or totality infills us with its revelation and energy. But most people think spirituality involves going within to find some ultimate self. Isn't reality all of this that is happening now? Why search elsewhere? That search tends to just reinforce the false sense of independence, and would have us miss what is always present before us, so obvious that we don't have to search for its truth - it just is, always.

I think anyone can understand and agree that we arise in a vast condition of relationship, and notice that living on that basis is expansive rather than contracting on some separative search within, whether that inward search is apparently spiritual or not. This disposition of recognizing the primacy of relationship opens the whole body-mind to the condition it is already in, but now consciously embraced.

edit on 3/28/2015 by bb23108 because:

new topics

top topics

join