It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your personal experiences with UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I was driving to my friends house in Grain Valley, MO down a dark stretch of highway. I saw a light about a quarter to half mile in front of me. At first i thought it was something like lights over a baseball field off the highway, but as i got closer i could see that it was directly over the highway. It was just over the tree line, maybe 100 feet. It was crawling if not completely hovering with no sound. I had a sunroof at the time so was able to see it all the way as i drove directly underneath. It was triangular with lights on each corner and one in the middle that may have been multi colored. It happened so fast its hard to remember exact details, but the things i remember for sure were the lights, shape, hovering and the fact it made no noise whatsoever.

Whiteman airforce base is less than an hour from Grain Valley, so that may or may not have been where it came from.

Since it happened ive read about countless similar stories. Pretty weird, especially a technology that hovers with no sound.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

On December 31st 2014 (New Years Eve) at 7:15 p.m, I was relaxing with my son (2yrs) watching the Twilight Zone Marathon on Syfy. During commercial I decided it was time to take out the trash, I had this weird feeling that it had to be done that moment. I knew it was full around 5 or so but I put it off until this moment. Mind you it was below freezing, I went out without shoes or a coat to take the trash about 15 feet away from my backdoor, my son wanted me to carry him while I went out, so we went. As soon as I turned 90 degrees towards the cans, I noticed this bright orange orb slowly gliding diagonal across the sky (SW-NE). The orangish red orb (KitKat Orange) was a little bigger than a quarter if you held it at arms length. The orb (possibly the front of ship) had two faint orange lines trailing it (imagine a circle and on one side draw 2 lines 60 degreee angle) that I am not sure if it were lights on the side of craft or my eyes seeing this light weird. Besides the orb I couldn't make out any physical looking ship (if it was a triangle shape it was too black and dark to see the main body, plus the light was very bright.

This craft was seemingly flying lower than small passenger planes and helicopters and not once did I hear any sort of sound. It never changed speed and was likely going over 100mph, but it is hard to tell without knowing it's altitude. I know it was low because it disappeared behind my neighbor's house caddy corner to my backyard, no plane flys that low to not be seen or heard. I saw this pass over me for 20-30seconds and was gone. 8-10 minutes later I was in my room writing down the experience so that my mind couldn't elaborate when it was retold and I heard a helicopter outside. I went back out and couldn't see the copter, but could hear it distinctly and as I listened it was going the direction the UFO went.

I have spoken to a couple investigators about my experience, and each one believes that this was a legitimate sighting. One fella even gave me a lot of insight as to why I saw the craft and why I was so inclined to take the trash out in a rush, something to the sound of my higher power giving me the momentum instantaneously to go see it, as my higher self knew it was passing just then and I was chosen to see it. If I would have walked out 15 seconds earlier or 30 seconds later I would have missed it, as it only takes 15 seconds to take out the trash. Plus the fact that my son wanted to come out with me which he rarely does, and New Years Eve, the day to make changes in your life for the next year, all coincided to him as a conscious connection between myself and whatever it was I saw. I like to believe it was me 49 years from now bumping asian-pop-techno while picking up interstellar babes and I paid a visit to myself to let me know that everything would work out. Then again, I never saw myslef, so it may be some really neat immigrant re-allocation device

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy there are varying degrees of Alzheimer's. I suppose you would have to read the rest of his journal and judge known facts and events that he entered. My Father had Alzheimer's and I visited him every Saturday for lunch. He wasn't delusional. He had a mild case he would forget peoples names or names of places and it affected his motor skills mostly with walking, but he remembered what we spoke about the previous weeks and everything in the past through out his life. So if he remembered all his past life he would have a reference point for something if he thought it happened like a space shuttle holding 350 people to say that was a dream or not real. I am sure if someone told him that that had the authority he would know it was a fact. On HANGAR 1 just the other night they had a guy that hacked into a government computer and claims to have found rosters for space type battleships with crew transfers and pay. He has no proof just what he says he saw....so who knows?

edit on 31-3-2015 by LA1IMPALA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   
They're cramped, uncomfortable and rough riding. And after a few weeks in one, you can sort of taste the air. You don't carry enough water for showers, either. The 'food' leaves a lot to be desired, and you have to hot bunk with two other guys who also aren't showering. There's no windows, so you'd better like living in a box, and you are in constant danger of looking like something that got tossed in a wood chipper if the control systems get confused.

Other than that, they're sort of dull in a terrifying way.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Well, now I'm thoroughly disappointed. I always imagined that, since it was seemingly developed in the late 70's/early 80's, it would have been more influenced by the pop culture of the times. Something like 'Flight of the Navigator' but without PeeWee Herman voicing the AI. (Honestly, though, if it did have him voicing the AI, it would explain a lot of UFO crashes. How long could you really listen to that before wanting to power dive into the ground?)

And while I have seen you mention various NDAs you are bound by, and I am fairly sure that there's other constraints you probably can't mention, is there anything else you can share with us about this? Range, mission duration capabilities, possible armaments? Choice of cloth for the seats?
I'd seriously like to ask you a few more specific questions, but I'm sure that you probably won't want to field them here.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LA1IMPALA

My grandmother had it as well, and you are describing most of what we experienced with her disease too. But she did sometimes confuse information in the short term. She had a lot of trouble with balancing her bank accounts, for instance. That's why I presented the possibility that it could have influenced Reagan's recollection of the specifics of the meeting.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I really like the concept of atmospheric submarines. 3 man crew seems like a good choice there.

But a 3 man crew for the long haul? I figure you'd want at least a couple engineers while you're out trekkin' in the stars.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

Well, now I'm thoroughly disappointed. I always imagined that, since it was seemingly developed in the late 70's/early 80's, it would have been more influenced by the pop culture of the times

Military accommodations are the same all over. They are timelessly bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged

I really like the concept of atmospheric submarines. 3 man crew seems like a good choice there.

But a 3 man crew for the long haul? I figure you'd want at least a couple engineers while you're out trekkin' in the stars.

Oh, there's more than 3. It's just that they don't want to waste space on bunks. Or toilets. So you get 1/3 of what you need. Unless you're an officer, of course.

Thank God they haven't thought about bean MREs yet. It's bad enough as is.

It is a lot like a sub, except subs are nicer on the inside and don't shake like that.

eta: you actually get to shower in a sub, too, instead of that supersized baby wipe 'hygiene packet' thing.
edit on 31-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Oh, there's more than 3. It's just that they don't want to waste space on bunks. Or toilets. So you get 1/3 of what you need. Unless you're an officer, of course.

Thank God they haven't thought about bean MREs yet. It's bad enough as is.

It is a lot like a sub, except subs are nicer on the inside and don't shake like that.

eta: you actually get to shower in a sub, too, instead of that supersized baby wipe 'hygiene packet' thing.
Eeewwww

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Oh duh. Shared with 3, not only 3.

Lol, sponge baths in a windowless box for the tipppy top pilots. What a thing to aspire towards for someone who loves flying.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh duh. Shared with 3, not only 3.

Lol, sponge baths in a windowless box for the tipppy top pilots. What a thing to aspire towards for someone who loves flying.

Well, it's really about the magnitude of the reward, I imagine. To be able to break through the atmosphere, see the stars properly, actually be IN SPACE... There's a lot I'd put up with to experience that.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
To be able to break through the atmosphere, see the stars properly, actually be IN SPACE... There's a lot I'd put up with to experience that.

And you can see with the external cameras at the beginning and end of the trip. Nothing there during, of course.

eta: I wanted to do a documentary but they never go for it: linky
edit on 31-3-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

This looks like the actual entry:

The entry for Tuesday, June 11, 1985 (page 334) reads: Lunch with 5 top space scientist. It was fascinating. Space truly is the last frontier and some of the developments there in astronomy etc. are like science fiction, except they are real. I learned that our shuttle capacity is such that we could orbit 300 people.
source

And then I found this on the NASA site:

The five orbiters — Columbia, Challenger, Discovery, Atlantis and Endeavour — have flown more than 130 times, carrying over 350 people into space and travelling more than half a billion miles, more than enough to reach Jupiter.
source

The original diary entry doens't imply they are put into orbit all at once. And it seems NASA surpassed its predictions.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agnost

This looks like the actual entry:

The entry for Tuesday, June 11, 1985 (page 334) reads: Lunch with 5 top space scientist. It was fascinating. Space truly is the last frontier and some of the developments there in astronomy etc. are like science fiction, except they are real. I learned that our shuttle capacity is such that we could orbit 300 people.
source

And then I found this on the NASA site:

The five orbiters — Columbia, Challenger, Discovery, Atlantis and Endeavour — have flown more than 130 times, carrying over 350 people into space and travelling more than half a billion miles, more than enough to reach Jupiter.
source

The original diary entry doens't imply they are put into orbit all at once. And it seems NASA surpassed its predictions.

Now, when you correlate those two things, it makes sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I've had quite a few sightings, and some close interactions in my knick of the woods, whether it be broad day light, a stary sky, to cloudy nights. However, no real game changer in the long run to me.

One of my earlier sighting several years ago, Feb, 2010 I believe, and it was Friday night and had just finished my shift at around 10 pm, waiting on a curb in front of my employer waiting for my mom to pick me up and get some food. As I was sitting, I was gazing at the sky above me when I see a satellite move crossing the sky at a steady pace, where I'm thinking no biggy, as I'm just watching it move, it suddenly stopped in mid sky right above me. Then a feeling came over me, where it felt like an old woman breathing in my mind eye view, and I hear a soft, clear voice, that says " Hi".

Now at that moment, I froze with immense stupidity, where I'm like "Da F'in hell" in the back of my mind. Some moments later my mom arrives in front me, while as I get up to get in, Im still looking up at it, where it started to continue it original pace I guess.

Another year later in the summer, after seeing many lights, and going through a long mental breakdown in late 2010, I was at work again, and had just finished my main duty loading up line haul trailers( Im gonna be an ex-forklift driver tomorrow), I went to the back of the warehouse for some air on a beautiful summer night. After I was done talking to my supervisor outside, I was heading back in the building, where I see a bright ass saucer like star coming from south west of my view. I starred at it for a few, then decided to go back in an clean up and pretend I'm not seeing it, even though I know I saw it.

As soon as I'm inside, I had a stronger feeling come over me, where I felt like my soul got tugged while I stopped dead footed, and this sense of taste came to my senses, from metal to a certain type of flesh I couldn't describe. Highly different from the first experience.

It wasn't over powering like mind control or threatening, although highly weird to the point of not of this earth. But it felt like it wanted my short attuned attention span. From what I recall, it told me to seek a "better job", where it sound like it telling to "F" that place, which is pretty surprising and even more stupefying now that I look back at it.

Long story short, my job or co-worker piss me off for a lot reasons, where Jail don't sound too bad to go to. It could probably hear what Im thinking light year away too. Lol, that a joke.

If God was my witness...True story.

edit on 1-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Three years ago tonight I saw a UFO. It was what I thought was a very slow shooting star or a very( too fast to be earthly) fast jet. It had two lights, one large and a smaller one right behind it. Close enough to seem to be one object. It was fast and then accelerated and disappeared straight up. I was looking again tonight thinking maybe I'd see it again and I did see a shooting star. The sight of the UFO triggered something in me. I got spooked and for a while there I was really looking for UFOs. And I was also waiting if any MIB would show up, but that's another story.
Later in the fall I was tracking some government lear jets one morning. I had binoculars thinking they were drones at first( we have a drone base in the next county) and when I looked at them I saw a white orb way up in the atmosphere. I thought it was a UFO but after a little study figured it was the planet Jupiter that was able to be seen even in morning daylight.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Here are my experiences:

The first one was when I was outside with a friend, kinda chilling on top of the university library we have over here in Delft, Holland. We both saw it at the same time. Two lights, a bit bigger than a star, one behind the other, crossed the sky in a straight line at incredible speed. We'd been spotting some satellites earlier, and they take their sweet time to go from one end of the sky to the other. We were lying on our backs and looking straight up when they came into view from behind us and moved along the firmanent to where they disappeared over the horizon in front of us in 3 or 4 seconds. It was crazy, and we were like.. WOW what was that? Not saying it's aliens.. could be VERY fast satellites, but it sure was weird

On another occasion I saw an orangeish light zig-zag along the firmanent in the evening for a few seconds, after which it disappeared

And on yet another occasion I saw and filmed (in 3d!) something in the sky behind my house. It could literally be anything, such as a bag being blown in the wind or a balloon of sorts, but since I don't know for sure what it is, it's technically a UFO. I filmed it using a Sony HDR TD-10. I was going to film the rainbow, until my eye caught the object that's in the video. I turned off the sound because I was talking some silly stuff while I was filming it

If possible, watch it in 3d

edit on 420152 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: payt69

Awesome

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately, none yet. I've lived in two states where there have definitely been sightings: Texas and Arkansas. In fact, Texas was in the top 10 states with the most UFO reports put out by NUFORC recently. Arkansas has a few recent sightings in their report database...but none by me!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join