It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Co-Pilot intentional crashed plane. Co Pilot Named

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

According to investigators the terrain warning did go off just before impact as it should have.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

According to investigators the terrain warning did go off just before impact as it should have.

So what is it about this tragedy that seems to be raising the suspicions of people even normally skeptical of conspiracies? I am genuinely curious, as I only know bits and pieces of the case. The murder/suicide explanation seems plausible to me, provided the co-pilot was indeed suicidal, or having a mental meltdown of some sort. However, that is assuming there were indeed serious mental issues with the pilot. Has something fishy popped up?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

I've never once heard of the cause being determined by listening to the CVR once or twice. As of yesterday morning they didn't have the FDR, but they were saying the autopilot was set to 100 feet, and he pushed the button to lock the door twice.

Then they conveniently find evidence that fits the narrative they're pushing with only a little evidence.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I've never once heard of the cause being determined by listening to the CVR once or twice. As of yesterday morning they didn't have the FDR, but they were saying the autopilot was set to 100 feet, and he pushed the button to lock the door twice.

Then they conveniently find evidence that fits the narrative they're pushing with only a little evidence.

Ahhhh, ok, I see. For some reason, I was under the impression that they had found both the cockpit voice recorder and the FDR, and got their info from both. Now that makes sense. The cockpit voice recorder isn't going to give the full technical story of what happened.

So my next question is, who exactly is in charge of this investigation, and what would they be wanting to cover-up so badly? Who is in charge of handling the evidence? Has anyone outside the investigation confirmed what was even on the CVR?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The FDR was reported recovered, minus the memory module, but they said yesterday morning that it had NOT been found.

The French and Germans are lead investigators. This wouldn't be the first time that the cause was covered up to protect an airframer. There was an airshow crash that killed some passengers that was initially reported as a computer problem. Then suddenly the pilot was hot dogging, and was convicted of manslaughter.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha
a reply to: Anyafaj

I missed that, thank you!

Anytime! You're welcome!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The FDR was reported recovered, minus the memory module, but they said yesterday morning that it had NOT been found.

The French and Germans are lead investigators. This wouldn't be the first time that the cause was covered up to protect an airframer. There was an airshow crash that killed some passengers that was initially reported as a computer problem. Then suddenly the pilot was hot dogging, and was convicted of manslaughter.

So possibly, Airbus itself might be involved, and given the vested interest both countries have in Airbus, then yes, you would have serious motive to cover up any problems that might indicate flaws and problems in design, manufacturing, or quality control with the manufacturer.

I mentioned earlier about my ex pointing out it was the same exact model of plane in both his and his son's incidents, which were problems serious enough to land and be grounded for 7 hours or more. Has this model of plane been involved or suspected in other accidents or incidents, in a number statistically high enough to question the plane itself?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

There's been an issue with AoA sensors freezing since 2008. It's only just now really hitting the mainstream, because of an incident last week.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So what is it about this tragedy that seems to be raising the suspicions of people even normally skeptical of conspiracies? I am genuinely curious, as I only know bits and pieces of the case. The murder/suicide explanation seems plausible to me, provided the co-pilot was indeed suicidal, or having a mental meltdown of some sort. However, that is assuming there were indeed serious mental issues with the pilot. Has something fishy popped up?

Apparently a "sick note" was found in the co-pilot's place of residence ripped up. Not a suicide note, as previously mentioned.

Among destroyed documents discovered at Lubitz’s homes, German state prosecutors say they have found evidence that the 27-year-old – described by those who knew him as sporty and very competent – had hidden an unspecified medical condition from his employer and colleagues.

The revelations follow press reports that Lubitz had broken off his training six years ago due to depression and had spent over a year in psychiatric treatment.

Source

Considering how fast they are releasing information, it's hard to know what is real and what isn't.

The claims from German newspaper The Rheinische Post come after it emerged Lubitz may have crashed his plane due to fears he was about to lose his licence on medical grounds.

Investigators revealed today that medical sign-off notes were found at Lubitz's home - including two for the day of the crash - and Dusseldorf University Hospital confirmed he had been a patient there over the past two months, although it would not disclose his condition.

Described as a man whose life-long obsession had been to become a pilot, it has been suggested he may have feared his flying licence might not be renewed on medical grounds.

He was facing a potential medical examination that could have seen his pilot's licence removed and it is thought he may have feared mental or other health problems would bring an end to his dream.

Source 2

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

There's been an issue with AoA sensors freezing since 2008. It's only just now really hitting the mainstream, because of an incident last week.

Thanks for the info. Definitely another angle to consider in this tragedy. It certainly wouldn't be the first time such a cover up has occurred. Since the FDR has not bee3n recovered, and the wreckage not fully investigated, then it is pretty premature to declare cause at this stage. But if the agencies handling the investigation are also involved in cover-up, then will we ever get the full story on what happened?

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Probably not, if there's a cover up. The more they release the more I twitch. This is already solved, without looking at any other possibility.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
What if the cockpit door malfunctioned and the pilot couldn't get back inside, and the VRD isn't what we're being told?

Perhaps a combination of the pilot being accidentally locked out and some kind of sensor malfunction, causing the plane to crash?

That just seems to highly unlikely to me. None of this makes any bit of sense, none of it I say!

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Wow. Thanks for the info. That's stuff I haven't seen yet. That does change things, and puts the murder/suicide theory in serious doubt. I agree. This whole thing just looks absurd and desperate.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Wow. Thanks for the info. That's stuff I haven't seen yet. That does change things, and puts the murder/suicide theory in serious doubt. I agree. This whole thing just looks absurd and desperate.

It was a link on one of the links shared in here. I clicked it to see what it had to say, then out of curiosity, thought I'd see what Daily Mail was saying.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Come to think of it, we really don't have any verification yet of what was even on the CVR, since no one outside the investigation has heard it, and we must take their word for it that what they claim was what was on the tape. For all we know, the CVR could have shown something very different. Or, if it is ever released, it could have parts of it "missing". I shall be following this investigation a little more closely now.

There are only two other air disasters in civilian aviation history that I believe were covered-up and obscured and the true cause of the disaster remains suspect: TWA 800 and MH 17. I guess in the following weeks I shall look to see if similar things happen in this investigation.

Also, I read elsewhere that now one source is trying to claim the co-pilot was a Muslim convert carrying out a mission for Al Qaeda, which sounds like desperate BS being thrown into the wind.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Air France 296

There's quite a bit of controversy about this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting. Thanks for the link. I think I vaguely remember that, though I was younger.

Do you know of any accidents involving Boeing craft, and attempts by whatever authority is investigating to cover it up/tamper with evidence to hid a design or manufacturing problem? Are questionable crashes of this nature more common than people realize?

The TWA Flight 800 case is the near opposite of this one, and actually involves government officials trying to pin blame on Boeing for a claimed design flaw when there is a pretty solid case for other causes as well as official cover-up/tampering. The MH17 was also a Boeing, however, since no trace of the craft has yet been found and the investigation has a farce, we don't even know what actually happened to the plane. Given the rumors and theories that the plane had been hijacked and either shot down or landed somewhere unknown, we don't even know if the plane is even damaged. Both cases seem to argue in favor of Boeing, in the sense the company had not failed on their end.

I'm not trying to start a Boeing vs Airbus debate, despite the fact I live right down the road from the Boeing Everett plant. (And yes, I do prefer flying in Boeing craft. However, this is a totally personal bias, and is not based on one being superior or not, but the fact I just like the sound of Boeing's engines better. Being a former turbine/diesel mechanic, I actually like the sounds of engines, and notice different types and different sounds. I find them soothing to listen to on a flight and it helps me sleep.) I am just wondering if covering up for airlines or manufacturers happens a lot more than we realize.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

You're thinking of MH370, not 17. MH17 was the one that was shot down over the Ukraine.

Off the top of my head, no. They've tried to cover up maintenance failures several times over the years, but design flaws are really rare once they reach production standards, and full rate production. That's for both Airbus and Boeing.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Probably not, if there's a cover up. The more they release the more I twitch. This is already solved, without looking at any other possibility.

I've resisted saying this since I saw your first "inkling" that all is not what it seems. I figured I would wait a while, see what other evidence comes in. Hoping that something, anything would provide me with the information I needed to respectfully disagree with your doubts.

However I cannot help but agree, something smells distinctly fishy about this. The pieces are falling into place a bit too... "perfectly." The FDR still hasn't been found (despite being about 3 feet away from the CVR near the tail of the aircraft), yet they state as fact the co-pilot set the auto alt to 100ft? They discerned that from a CVR!? The clicks of the auto alt selector cannot be heard on a CVR, let alone the co pilots breathing, no way in hell.

I'm not one for hyperbole but this stinks I mean really, really stinks.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PW229

I'm normally one of the last ones that you'll hear saying it's a cover up. I always try to find logical explanations for what is being released.

But this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join