It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul or nobody

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

Praying for a Clinton/Warren ticket....

If you forced me to pick between the 2 party "candidates", I would take Clinton also....I thought Bill was fantastic in office, minus his issues under the desk, he had things mostly under control...Much better than the last 16 years, but oh well....They already have who they want in office, our votes are meaningless....I just pray it isn't another effing Bush!!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

Thank you for not voting. It'll make it easier on the rest of us to do the right thing, and choose the right representatives to lead us far beyond your horizon.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Rand Paul is certainly much more your typical politician. That makse him more acceptable to the party but, it also just makes him one of dozen copies of the same GOP candidate. I do not see him going any where. And I am pretty sure he would never ever want his name used in the same breath as Trump. He bashed him pretty good leading into the 2012 elections.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure about Gary Johnson, but I'd probably vote for him if he won the nomination. I just don't think he has a chance. The GOP will never allow a full on Libertarian to win the nomination. Too many old men with way too much money to ever allow that.

The Republican party needs to evolve and ditch these old men that refuse to accept the fact that people are sick of war, big business and bible thumpers. I have nothing against religion, I consider myself Christian, but our foreign policy shouldn't be dictated by scripture. We're not a theocracy.

The future of the Republican party is with the younger generation. And the GOP is fighting tooth and nail against it. But the fact is, Republicans will never see the white house again if they don't stop infighting with each other.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You do know that the reason the Libertarian party doesn't get national funding is because of attitudes like yours right? If more people would drop the "I'm throwing my vote away" stigma around voting third party, MAYBE we'd get some change around here. At the very least, it shows a population of the country that clearly doesn't align with the two big political dogs and if we can grow that population, then the Dems and Repubs WILL have to address it.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well, President Obama ain't done too bad. MUCH better than the Muppet rejects called the Bush clan ( Nazis. I hate these guys)

Yeah, he's done a great job if you're in favor of the NWO/Neocon Agenda.

He's been an obedient little puppet. He's occasionally makes rhetorical bleating otherwise. But he's the sheep leading the sheep when push comes to shove.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moresby

Well, President Obama ain't done too bad. MUCH better than the Muppet rejects called the Bush clan ( Nazis. I hate these guys)

He's been an obedient little puppet. He's occasionally makes rhetorical bleating otherwise. But he's the sheep leading the sheep when push comes to shove.

The man believes he's a King. And Republicans go along with it. The word impeachment should be on every Republican lips if we had true opposition, but we don't. Both parties are bought and paid for at the end of the day and it's proven by the fact that this President hasn't been impeached.

And I love these life-long Democrats that pull out the tin foil and race card every time you criticize their party. People need to stop placing a political party above their country, but it's basic tribalism, my village vs your village. And as the country goes down the tubes and people Sieg Heil like their Fascist policies aren't to blame.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc

originally posted by: Moresby

The man believes he's a King. And Republicans go along with it. The word impeachment should be on every Republican lips if we had true opposition, but we don't. Both parties are bought and paid for at the end of the day and it's proven by the fact that this President hasn't been impeached.

And I love these life-long Democrats that pull out the tin foil and race card every time you criticize their party. People need to stop placing a political party above their country, but it's basic tribalism, my village vs your village. And as the country goes down the tubes and people Sieg Heil like their Fascist policies aren't to blame.

I don't think he believes he's king. I think he knows he's a bought and paid for puppet. Who does as he's told.

I WAS lifelong Dem. But I knew Obama was phony-baloney the minute I saw him. It was amazing how many people were hoodwinked by a handful of cheap showbiz/Madison Ave. tricks.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Republicans had 8 years to groom the perfect republican president and this is the best they can do?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImaFungi

Republicans had 8 years to groom the perfect republican president and this is the best they can do?

It would seem so. And it's because they don't want to win, they don't care. It's 2 heads to the same beast.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Honestly may look like an automatic win. Everyone wants a change, obviously. Well what more of a change can there be unless a female is now running the show?. Politics are becoming more and more predictable. People who are intelligent are dying off and the new breed of ignorant individuals is becoming more prevalent.

posted on Mar, 31 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Rand Paul is courting evangelicals. He lost any chance of getting my vote.

👣

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

If you forced me to pick between the 2 party "candidates", I would take Clinton also....I thought Bill was fantastic in office, minus his issues under the desk,

Here is the way I see it. We are being fed a Hillary/Jeb ticket aka another Clinton/Bush choice....No if ands or buts about it.

The RNC and DNC are on the same page. They will manage the primaries to afford outlier candidates as little opportunity as possible to gain ground. They also both have the money backers to make it happen.

Force an election on Party Affiliation...cuz no one is actually jumping out of their seats for either candidate....Like they did for Reagan or Obama.

The difference between the GOP and Dems going into 2016? There is a wing of the GOP that can't be tamed and some very ambitious contenders who won't take no for an answer...Like Cruz, Rubio and Rand.

They will beat on Jeb, the RNC be damned, all through the primaries...they have proven their ambition supersedes party loyalty and don't follow orders. Hillary doesn't have that to worry about.

Behind the scenes Jeb's people will be working overtime to tame Rand, Rubio and Cruz...one strategy is for Jeb not to announce his VP pick until the last minute and court/flirt with Rand, Rubio and Cruz throughout in hopes they will take it easy on him....tell them it is their only near term possibility of getting a foot in the door to the Whitehouse...but in order for them to back off in the primaries they have to believe they can't really win...and these guys think they can win.

So GOP split and beating on Jeb, Hillary just has to worry about the GOP vs. her own party...Hillary is going to be the first woman in the WH, like it or not, IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueMule
Rand Paul is courting evangelicals. He lost any chance of getting my vote.

👣

everybody on the right has to court the Evangelicals....for the primaries. Rand ahs shown he is open to shifting his position on Evangelical hot button issues to suit. He will "moderate" his stances and run to toward the center if he theoretically gets nominated.

If you view it in the context of winning counts..not principled stance on the issues..Rands shifting positions make perfect sense...Something his father was never willing to do and Rand decided long ago he wanted to win vs. follow his father.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

You said picking the lesser evil....Guess what my friend? Your buddy Obama who has done such an outstanding job so far, isn't available....So who is your "lesser of the evils"?

I actually agree. I think Obama has done far less damage to the country than Bush did. Obama merely continued many of Bush's policies. He certainly screwed things up

with Obamacare and his idiotic gun grab

, but nothing he did can trump lying about reasons to go to war or tanking the economy.

Question, what gun grab? I have all my guns and beyond Russian imports being banned, we still have access to all the guns we can buy.

Beyond the technical glitches, ACA has gone off far more smoothly than say the F35.

Derek

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy

The THB is still convinced that President Obama is going to come for their Bibles, guns and kids with his army of illegal zombie Commies and usher in the New Age of Darkness, ie 1981. It's sad, since he's supposedly been coming for the guns since he was elected, and he's waaaaay late.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I think it's more like his father made a deal with the REPS to get his son back on their good side.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It seems to me that Rubio is the voice for the X generation.

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: intrptr

Like his dad, he will never be allowed anywhere near the Big House.

Oh I don't know about that. He was willing to stab his father in the back and support Romney to get in on the GOP's good side.
twitter.com...

Rand is not Ron . he wants to win and he knows the way : Standing ovation .

he's simply smarter than his father .

posted on Apr, 30 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Right now I'm going for Johnson first, Bernie Sanders second. Paul is a close 3rd.

Why?

Because of the Patriot Act. Gary Jonson has vowed to repeal and so has Sanders. Paul? He's flip-flopped too much for me to trust him (re; drones).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join