It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soldiers Who Died Saving Bergdahl ,Hmmm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I am not going to Debate Weather or not Srgt. Bergdahl is guilty of abandoning his post in a time of war , ( was it even a war ?)

But I would like to take a deeper look into the 6 Soldiers who died looking for Bergdahl ,more importantly "How they really died ".

Clayton P Bowen

According to the TIMES news source the Following was the result of His death .

Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, 29, of San Antonio, Texas, and Private 1st Class Morris Walker, 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C., were killed by a roadside bomb in Paktika province on Aug. 18, 2009, while trying to find Bergdahl. Like Bergdahl, they were part of the 4th BCT from Fort Richardson, Alaska.

However According to Fallen Hero Project and his Mother , The result of his death was not Related to "Bergdahl"

Clayton was killed in action on Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2009, in Paktika Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle.
He was providing security for Afghanistan’s presidential election. “They were trying to keep the peace,” said his mother.

Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss

This is What the TIMES had to say.

Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, 27, of Murray, Utah, died Aug. 26 in Paktika Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack. Like Bergdahl, Bowen and Walker, he was part of the 4th BCT.

However their is no confirmation that he was "looking for Bergdahl ". One source say's the above while the other says.

(sorry I was not able to copy text from the site so I had to screenshot it )

It says "He was supporting security forces and leading his unit to a hospital where insurgence were thought to be "
again no connection to "bergdahl"
here is another news source that confirms this .

A Utah family is grieving for their hero son killed in combat in Afghanistan. Army Staff Sgt. Kurt R. Curtiss' family says the 27-year-old was shot and killed earlier this week as he helped evacuate a hospital.

2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews

From the TIMES

2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, 34, of Dallas, Texas, died Sept. 4 in Paktika Province when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device and a rocket-propelled grenade

This one is questionable , Other official sources don't bridge a connection between him and "bergdahl". We have to assume he died searching for "Bergdahl" .Because that's what the MSM tells us .

But the "The Daily Beast" seems to think otherwise (I don't trust the source I am just adding it for thought )

The lie was about his unit’s mission in Afghanistan on that September day in 2009 when it ran into the deadly ambush.
In the aftermath, the Army told the family that Andrews’s unit had set out to capture a top Taliban commander.Only this past Sunday did the family learn that the commander had already been grabbed earlier in the day and that the unit had been ordered to continue on another mission.

The added mission was the ongoing search for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, who had apparently slipped away from his post in July, leaving his body armor and weapon but taking a compass.
The Andrews family was told the truth by soldiers who had served with Andrews, including the sergeant he had saved by pushing him from harm’s way in his final living instant.

The soldiers further informed the family that they had been ordered not to reveal their true mission, lest it complicate the hunt for Bergdahl. They even had been forced to sign nondisclosure agreements.

Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey

Again the TIMES say

Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey, 25, of Snyder, Texas, died Sept. 6 in Paktika province after being wounded by an IED. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss and Andrews, Murphrey was part of the 4th BCT.

While other sources Official sources say

Assigned to 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska
Killed September 6, 2009, in Sharana, Afghanistan while on patrol when he stepped on a pressurized plate that set off an improvised explosive device.

Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek
The TIMES says

On Sept. 4, 2009, Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek, 20, of DeKalb, Ill., was seriously wounded in Paktika province when Taliban forces attacked his vehicle with an improvided explosive device, a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire.

and other sources say

According to a Department of Defense news release, Martinek's vehicle was hit by an roadside bomb.
When he and six other soldiers tried to secure the vehicle, it was hit by a rocket­propelled grenade and

I find it Odd That only the MSM mention that These guy's died as a result of the "hunt for Bergdual" but no other sources really state that searching for bergdual was the result of their death ,
not even news sources that were published at the times of their deaths .

In closing I would like to say that I think the deaths of these Soldiers is in fact Questionable . The critical Thinker in me feels that their names are and deaths are being pushed on this whole "berddahl" thing . Before I get the Anti Patriot fire please note that I am sorry that these Soldiers Died and I am thankful they put their lives on the line for whatever cause.

Ill link All the sources I used , also I urge members to Research and find a conclusion , just want Proof that they were connected to "bergdahl".

Kap.

LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK
LINK

edit on 26-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I'm pretty sure there were actual people who did look for Bergdahl though and some of those people would most likely have died saving that traitor.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I'm pretty sure there were actual people who did look for Bergdahl though and some of those people would most likely have died saving that traitor.

Yeah , Show me the Proof ...

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You find it odd that a rescue mission would be classified?

Your own sources say these soldiers had to sign non disclosure agreements regarding the search for Bergdahl.

Your own sources disprove your OP.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
You find it odd that a rescue mission would be classified?

Your own sources say these soldiers had to sign non disclosure agreements regarding the search for Bergdahl.

Your own sources disprove your OP.

Please note that one that source you are referring to I said (I don't trust the source ) so your going to disprove the rest of my OP because of that ? What about Clayton P bowen ? And where did i say "i find it odd a rescue mission would be classified " ? I find their deaths odd ..

+12 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So your defense is that you don't trust the sources that you're citing?

Why is this even a thread?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
So your defense is that you don't trust the sources that you're citing?

Why is this even a thread?

Thought for critical thinking ?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Not sure of the point your going for..

Is he being charged with culpability in their deaths?

I just heard desertion, and they usually don't move forward with a court martial unless they are pretty confident.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Not sure of the point your going for..

Is he being charged with culpability in their deaths?

I just heard desertion, and they usually don't move forward with a court martial unless they are pretty confident.

My point is that i don't believe they died as result of searching for bergdul.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

People could have died, and that's bad enough.

If he deserted he was presumed missing at first.

Missing means time and resources that could've been used doing something other than looking for a coward.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Missing means time and resources that could've been used doing something other than looking for a coward.

I am not doubting people could have died , However they found a note on his bed supposedly saying he was through with the war and no longer supported the effort in Afgan and was leaving to start a new life . So i am sure they knew he was not "missing" in the sens of "taken".

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

So you're debating whether people could have died vs. did they actually die?

Is one better in this situation? The intent is the same.
edit on 26-3-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Interesting. Do you have any ideas as to why the reason for their deaths would be fabricated? Maybe to deter any future deserters? Since they know that a similar story could be made up about them to portray them as less of a conscientious objector to war and more a person who cost his fellow soldiers their lives? Is that what you are thinking?

This whole thing is confusing to me but I definitely don't think he should have left. If he wanted to quit fighting he could have found another way I think besides running to the taliban. His actions led to some of the enemy being released, at the very least, so I can understand why people arent happy with him.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I could be wrong but I think he just wants to get the facts straight. Yes, he endangered American lives. That's bad. But for example, if I drive drunk and get pulled over, I will get charged with a dui. I will not get charged with murder or vehicular homicide or manslaughter just because I endangered lives by driving drunk. So, I can't understand your logic of "what difference does it make?" Either people died because of him or not, and I would like to know the truth because I personally do not appreciate being lied to.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
Interesting. Do you have any ideas as to why the reason for their deaths would be fabricated? Maybe to deter any future deserters? Since they know that a similar story could be made up about them to portray them as less of a conscientious objector to war and more a person who cost his fellow soldiers their lives? Is that what you are thinking?

This whole thing is confusing to me but I definitely don't think he should have left. If he wanted to quit fighting he could have found another way I think besides running to the taliban. His actions led to some of the enemy being released, at the very least, so I can understand why people arent happy with him.

Wish i had the answer ,maybe he was a spook collecting intel.. who knows ...

its obvious their deaths were fabricated. mostly in the MSM

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I imagine the families of the dead would say it would have been better if their family member did not die. So, yeah, one is better. People not dying is better than people dying. Thats not very difficult to understand.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Not sure how clear I have to be about my position on this thread .

Ill sate it again since you seem to not comprehend what I am saying .

I believe the deaths of the soldiers were fabricated and not directly linked to the cause of bergdual

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't think he is saying they were not killed, just it seems the MSM is trying to make the desertion into a bigger thing by tenuously linking it to 6 direct deaths.

No one is questioning Bergdahl, his dissertion or anything so wind it in!

It's a fair question, from the OP research he is unable to find official links to the death of 6 soldiers to Bergdahls desertion.

Good post OP

S&f

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I don't think he is saying they were not killed, just it seems the MSM is trying to make the desertion into a bigger thing by tenuously linking it to 6 direct deaths.

No one is questioning Bergdahl, his dissertion or anything so wind it in!

It's a fair question, from the OP research he is unable to find official links to the death of 6 soldiers to Bergdahls desertion.

Good post OP

S&f

I completely second this ! This is exactly my position , just looking for truth .

Thank you for your reply !

good sir

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Did you miss the whole point of the thread and the opening lines as to what it isn't??

edit on 26 3 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join