It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the pursuit of information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
There are two types of people in this world one is the people who seek out knowledge and find it, those who question everything in that pursuit including the answer they just proved, to prove it right.

then there are those who accept the knowledge they are just given, the ones are told what to do, how to do it, where to do it, and that this is a normal thing, those who do not need to question everything because to them the questions are already answered, why seek something that’s already been found? There is no need to prove something already proven, so why prove it, it’s already true.

It’s that acceptance of information, and the fact that for now it is true because no outside information exists or has not been proven to become a new fact, that leads to an overall ignorance. One that goes unnoticed by those who don’t realize the need to question the things that are happening around them, because as stated before they lack the ability to realize THAT IS NOT NORMAL, meaning to them it’s normal. Everything you learn about society you are told that is the way it is. This is OK this is bad, these types of thing I can personally describe as “common knowledge” or in much simpler terms information that is normal, or common.

The overall acceptance of this knowledge is dangerous, without people questioning things the pursuit of knowledge will stop at a certain point in time after slowly winding down, because we ignorantly believe what we know are the facts and it is normal to not question such things even though the pursuit of knowledge is endless, and if it’s not the only way to find out is to endlessly pursue the information to disprove it.

But then again I’m telling you what I just wrote here.

So draw a conclusion, make an informed decision, look into the information given and the people who give it…

over everything I have said here remember this, always question why things are the way they are, if not for yourself then for the overall good of the universe the existence of which allows you to exist.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: magnesiumbones

I guess its how you approach things . If i am told that when i add A to B it explodes then i take it as being true , i dont question and i certainly dont try it . However if i am told the combination is safe i most certainly will ask questions . Myself , well i am a question person . More often than not it is more for my overall knowledge , but sometimes it is just to make sure i will go home at the end of the day .

join