It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another story to come out of Ferguson Mo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A tale of two ferguson deaths

The other is for DeAndre Joshua, a young black man found shot to death and set on fire on Nov. 25, the morning after a grand jury decided not to indict Officer Darren Wilson in Brown's death, setting off yet another eruption of violence in Ferguson. Outside of family and friends, Joshua's name is mostly unknown.

Forty people claimed to have seen some aspect of the confrontation that led to Brown's death, but police have turned up not a single cooperating eyewitness to Joshua's slaying.

The last time Joshua came to Young's apartment, she said he stayed for about a half hour before slipping into bed. But five minutes later, sometime around 2 a.m., Joshua got up, grabbed three iPads and his pistol, and departed, without saying where he was going. Young said it wasn't unusual for him to have a weapon, because in that neighborhood, "everybody carries a gun."

This article gives a much more detail view of life in Ferguson, MO. It shows the attitudes of people who live in that community and the lack of willingness to put one's self on the life for fear of repercussions. Things will not get better until the community decides to make things better. This going to take a long time.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'm about to the point to where I really don't care anymore. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about single stories about how a black man killed a white man. I'm sick of stories about how a white man killed a black man.

There are over 300 million people in the US. Yet, stupid people get caught up in the same ignorant crap that's portrayed on the news by MSM with the only desire to get people riled up against one another.

Are people so stupid that they can't realize that a divide between Americans is the whole reason why we're so weak?

Stop buying into it. Stop claiming racism around every corner. Stop believing the MSM nonsense. For every one of the incidents that happen in Furguson, MO, there are millions more white and black people getting along just fine.

Screw Al Sharpton. Screw MSM. Screw government agendas.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

This ATSer gets it

2nd

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It's the ghetto mentality. Snitches get stitches. People are too afraid of what might happen if they speak out. So the cycle of violence continues. Sad.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Al Sharpton, "But resist we much, we must, and we will much, about that be committed."

Amen.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

To the OP's credit. the words "white" or "black" weren't used at all. I get what you're saying, but you just derailed the thread right out of the gate. Is there some special reason you don't want anyone to address this topic?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

To the OP's credit. the words "white" or "black" weren't used at all. I get what you're saying, but you just derailed the thread right out of the gate. Is there some special reason you don't want anyone to address this topic?

Care to reassess the OP and try again?

From the OP's posted article.

...a young black man...

I'm not railing against the thread creator, I'm railing against the attention stuff like this is given. It's stupid. And it serves no purpose than sensationalist headlines meant to divide and distance ourselves from one another.
edit on 3/26/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Crap, I missed that. Anyhow, I think its time to we start discussing thug culture and the effect its having on race relations in this country.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Agreed. Thug culture is the problem. I posted this in another thread, but I believe there is only one answer to the thug culture. Complete, on the spot, eradication of gang members. The war on drugs has failed. Prison is not a deterrent. The only thing left is, eradication.

Gang members are akin to terrorists. We, as a society, cannot abide gangs anymore.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb

This article gives a much more detail view of life in Ferguson, MO. It shows the attitudes of people who live in that community and the lack of willingness to put one's self on the life for fear of repercussions. Things will not get better until the community decides to make things better. This going to take a long time.

From the "other" DOJ Report that no one seems to want to talk about...

Witness 102 is a 27-year-old bi-racial male. Witness 102 gave three statements. First, SLCPD detectives interviewed him; second, FBI agents interviewed him; third, Witness 102 testified before the county grand jury...

Witness 102 did not stay on Canfield Drive long after the shooting, but rather started to leave the area after about five minutes because he felt uncomfortable. According to Witness 102, crowds of people had begun to gather, wrongly claiming the police shot Brown for no reason and that he had his hands up in surrender. Two black women approached Witness 102, mobile phones set to record, asking him to recount what he had witnessed. Witness 102 responded that they would not like what he had to say. The women responded with racial slurs, calling him names like “white motherf*cker.”

Witness 103 is a 58-year-old
black male who gave two statements. First, Witness 103was reluctant to meet with SLCPD detectives,FBI agents, and federal prosecutors because hehas no particular allegiance to law enforcement.Witness 103 is a convicted felon who served time in federal prison, and has a son who was shot and injured by law enforcement during the commission of a robbery. Witness 103 expressed concerns because there were signs in theneighborhood of Canfield Drive stating, “snitches get stitches.” Therefore, he agreed to be interviewed only on the condition of confidentiality. Witness 103 later testified before the county grand jury.

And there's more... lots more.

Here's the report for anyone who's interested. PDF

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Great post. I wholeheartedly agree.

Racism does exist in the USA, on tv.

I interact with people of all races every day. I've never seen or have been in a situation where race was an issue.

If you watch the MSM, odds are I'd see at least one instance every hour.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Bone75

Agreed. Thug culture is the problem. I posted this in another thread, but I believe there is only one answer to the thug culture. Complete, on the spot, eradication of gang members. The war on drugs has failed. Prison is not a deterrent. The only thing left is, eradication.

Gang members are akin to terrorists. We, as a society, cannot abide gangs anymore.

A long time ago I was pondering the 'thug' problem myself. I came to the same conclusion as you, complete eradication.
Nothing has even helped the problem a little, prison, hand-outs, affirmative action, NOTHING.

I've never stated it as it would be akin to genocide and that's not very popular, but how else can this problem be solved? The young MUST be brought up in different circumstances for them to know any different, and the only way to achieve that is to permanently remove the problem.

It's become a culture, but not one that America as a whole can afford to support any longer.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
When you talk about eradication, in Los Angeles there are an estimated 50,000+ gang members. In Chicago some estimates range anywhere between 60-100,000. Those are people with families. Now, I'm not defending them, I'm just saying, that's a whole lot of you know what hitting the fan. You catch my drift?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
When you talk about eradication, in Los Angeles there are an estimated 50,000+ gang members. In Chicago some estimates range anywhere between 60-100,000. Those are people with families. Now, I'm not defending them, I'm just saying, that's a whole lot of you know what hitting the fan. You catch my drift?

Families... exactly!

So they are bringing up kids in that same culture. When does it end?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Are not the families of productive members of society more important than those in gangs? It sounds harsh, but gang members prey on society. They kill, steal, rape, pillage, and terrify.

Everyone is responsible for the actions they choose. Gang members are not the victims. Those they prey on are.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Wal-mart must pay pretty well if he could afford 3 i pads and a handgun.
And seriously if you have to carry a gun in that neighborhood why be out at 2 or 3 am? Nothing good is going to come from it.

I think we need to start filling prisons with people arrested carrying handguns illegally. Like 20 years automatic if not life.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Crap, I missed that. Anyhow, I think its time to we start discussing thug culture and the effect its having on race relations in this country.

In a situation where Group "B" assumes and asserts that all members of Group "A" are hateful racists, there's no incentive for members of Group "A" to engage anyone of Group "B" in a conversation about anything.

What I don't understand is why the so-called "smart" people, members of the MSM, and activists, who prattle on about "we need to have a national conversation" don't get that one simple point!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

I'm about to the point to where I really don't care anymore

You are saying you cared about something to begin with? What did you care about that is relevant to the American apartheid? Did you care about the 10000 plus black American citizens lynched, burned and tortured in the last 100 years?

Did you care about the illegitimate US legal system used as a weapon against a certain segment of society?

Did you care about resurgent vote suppression targeting blacks and entrenched Jim Crow culture in the US?

How many times should a people under constant assault be able to fight back before you reach your limit of caring?

You are transparent, disingenuous and unfortunately you represent a lot of people in this sick joke of a country.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
It's the ghetto mentality. Snitches get stitches. People are too afraid of what might happen if they speak out. So the cycle of violence continues. Sad.

Well you've just got it pegged don't you? Ignorance begets shamelessness. Americans are the kings of denial and BS and everyone knows it. Just like their brethren the Zionists. Ghetto mentality? Did you get that from some smug POS on Fux and Friends?

Too many self interested, insecure, fearful people to ever change that. Not recoverable. I actually think Israel can change. Not the US though. Too much self-aggrandizement and institutional support. I'm more convinced than ever that USG (FBI) has been actively instituting apartheid for better than 60 years and it's operatives are working this very thread.

People don't get this stupid by themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Racism does exist in the USA, on tv.

So basically it seems like you're saying racism doesn't exist. I hate to break it to you, but as someone who has experienced it firsthand, it certainly exists. Just because in your little section of the world you haven't seen it certainly does not mean it only exists on television.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join