It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Day two is not the time to be saying it's a cover up or that they're moving slowly. It will be a year or more before the final report is released.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
They were descending...I'm sure they wouldn't have stopped trying

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: pejanene

But how? Cell phones don't work in the air...at least that high up in altitude.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

True, I suppose you can only be so secure...and hope that someone in the cockpit can alert ATC. I was thinking, why not in the future build planes with a larger cockpit that has a bathroom and a small kitchenette for snacks/drinks. That way, the flight crew would never have to leave the cockpit the entire flight? Obviously this wouldn't work for existing planes, but perhaps this could be engineered into future planes.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It seems very strange that after the door was locked from the inside, the plane was taken off auto-pilot and made a controlled descent into the mountain. Could the pilot have been suffering from depression or some other mental illness and this was his way of committing suicide? Some people have that "If I go I want to take as many people as I can with me" mentality. If this is the case, it's truly a catastrophic tragedy.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My thoughts: 1) How much sleep did the pilot have before the flight? Lack of sleep by the pilot, copilot, or both could have caused mistakes...the copilot not being able to remember the code, the pilot could have fallen asleep at the controls, any number of small things adding up to a major catastrophe.

2) We're assuming the copilot left the cockpit to go to the restroom. He could have left to tell the others in the flight crew he had concerns about the pilot. Being copilot he wouldn't dare say something one-to-one to the pilot. He would go to the flight crew. Maybe the pilot had been drinking, who knows. Just speculation.

3) We can't rule out a hijacking and intentional crash. In fact that seems to be the most likely scenario, if you go by "what are the chances". Hopefully we'll find out soon. Lets not forget there's still a Malaysia Air plane lost and not accounted for. That's a year after the fact. The "accidents" accumulating faster and more often.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

The accident rate is as low as its ever been.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If a pilot was outside the cockpit then that would make two people who should know to get in counting the stewardess. If they could hear 'light' banging on the door I assume they should be able to pick up any yelling through the other side of the door? Also if you figure the couple of minutes the pilot presumably took to use the bathroom before he tried to re-enter that would mean the pilot's knowledge of the situation escalated in a shorter timespan than 8 minutes. The details of exactly what the recorded cockpit sounds are should give a clearer picture than they have released to the public so far. Hopefully they can find more evidence to what happened so there can maybe be some closure for this horrible tragedy.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I said the day this happened the Spanish police were reviewing security footage of who boarded as I posted in the original thread about the accident.

The French president says he doesnt rule out terrorism.

Now it turns out the copilot was out of the cabin when the SHTF and can be heard trying to beat the door down because the pilot doesn't or WON'T open the cabin door.

Well, that doesn't sound much like the opening chapter of an internacional espionage novel does it...

edit on AM4Thu20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Maybe it is but it doesn't seem that way. So I went and tried to find some statistics. At this link which is pretty interesting, there's a few charts and a lot of other information. If you look at the chart that shows "Number Of Fatalties
(Civil Aircraft with 19 or More Passengers)" there is an upward spike trending. Not the highest ever for sure. Overall there are less fatal accidents, you are correct. Thanks from a landlubber who doesn't fly much. charts
edit on 3 by AreUKiddingMe because: added link

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Another puzzling piece is that the plane squarked an emergency before he went down...if he squarked..he wasnt unconcious.. If it was suicide, why bother...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Passengers have died because of driver/pilot medical emergencies since the dawn of the internal combustion engine . Well before that in reality . Perhaps there needs to be an electronic overide code held by someone not on the plane . If they can make contact with the ground that key could be given . I am sure sat phones work in planes .

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MRuss

Day two is not the time to be saying it's a cover up or that they're moving slowly. It will be a year or more before the final report is released.

Thank you a thousand times. I just wanted to bump this up because it seems that a goodly number of people have watched entirely too much TV and actually believe that any mystery can be resolved in a matter of an hour or so.

I have as much curiosity as anyone but I've learned that puzzles are more easily solved when all the pieces are presented.
But I do enjoy reading all the possibilities. I was a bit surprised at the time it took for the alien abduction theory to surface. I think I'll go with that one until the official statements come out.

Again, Thanks Zap for all your contributions and your patience with our ignorance.
edit on 26-3-2015 by diggindirt because: spelling

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
What I find unusual is that they have not named the pilots...Why? It would seem to me to be a deliberate act to crash the plane, even though I was originally thinking that the pilot in the cockpit might have been overcome with lack of oxygen, but the flight continued on and made a slow controlled descent.

The fact that the other pilot was 'locked out' indicates to me a deliberate act. Was the pilot in the cockpit of the Islamic faith?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
One thing to remember folks, sometimes when it comes to aircraft maintenance does everything right, the crew does everything right and the end result is still bad.

Until the full investigation is completed its all just speculation.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Hmm yeah a mate of mine asked if I had heard about this tragedy. I said to him it's possible it was a bomb or a terrorist attack since there's nothing left of it except "car parts." From what we heard today that one of the pilots may have been locked outside of the cockpit it's possible the pilot at the controls was mentally ill and committed suicide or had a heart attack/stroke at the time of the crash. If the latter scenario is the case then why was the other copilot locked out?! If only the pilots know the code to get into the cockpit and there was nothing sinister or deliberate about the crash then why did the copilot inside the cockpit manually lock the door from the inside preventing the other pilot from getting in unless he was up to no good? That's what puzzles me...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

just to point out - there ios a 4th . and 5th state for the lock to be in :

inoperative [ unlocked ] - the lock cannot be engaged - and offers zero resistance

inoperative [ locked ] - the lock cannot be disengaged without force or tools

locks are just simple mechanical // electro-mechanical devices - they are not magic - they can and do malfunction

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
The real question is... did the pilots eat the fish?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: elysiumfire
What I find unusual is that they have not named the pilots...Why? It would seem to me to be a deliberate act to crash the plane, even though I was originally thinking that the pilot in the cockpit might have been overcome with lack of oxygen, but the flight continued on and made a slow controlled descent.

The fact that the other pilot was 'locked out' indicates to me a deliberate act. Was the pilot in the cockpit of the Islamic faith?
Concur! No pilot names suggests suspicion on the part of the authorities. Could this be a ISIS sympathizer?
So soon after Tunis and note Spain is only a boat ride away from Tunisia!

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Roger, Over.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Or just a thing in Germany - we don't tend to name names until proven guilty. Their families would suffer from public attention, and that is not called for right now.

The officials do know their names, what for do you want to know if a "Mr. Müller" or a "Mr. Schulz" were the captain/copilot?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join