It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If that theory is so , why did no passengers text or call the outside world on their phones?
1%

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

2 things are. blatantly obvious to me:

1. They have made the cockpit door so impenetrable that even the Capain can't gain access by force. Might wanna rethink this and make a plan b.

2. The keypad may have been disabled or malfunctioned.

My deepest sympathies to anyone who lost a loved one on this flight.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I don't think we know for sure who it was all that has been said was there was the sound of someone knocking and it getting louder and most desperate we have been just assuming pilot.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't know if they can tell if he attempted the code. The training video shown earlier said it took 30 seconds to override, once the code was put in, and then some 2 or 5 second of executing it.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

There's a reason they practice emergency procedures. It's so that when one happens, you're responding to it almost before you know you're moving.

Getting locked out of the cockpit is so far down the list of emergencies that it's probably something you don't think of normally. It isn't panic, it's simply not something you think of as the first thing to try.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It was gremlins! That's why I don't fly... all the damn gremlins!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

No, they stepped out and the door locked behind them. In the case of the Delta flight he told ATC he had to land and came down early.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: my1percent

If that theory is so , why did no passengers text or call the outside world on their phones?
1%

Excellent point...did we hear of ANY passenger texts yet? Was there service in this remote area?

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I think they can figure it out because 1, he would probably be knocking and yelling and 2, if he paused between the first knocks because he was trying to put in his code. When he realized the other Pilot may be locking him out he then starts banging.

In the article, it says he knocks lightly at first.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Dunno , was there ph service for the other mystery plane crashes?

Thanks for responding , gotta go school run now.

Sad for all the people and puts you off flying.
1%

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Just looked up the Delta one you mentioned. That's scary.

Lockout

"Jonathan Thalacker, passenger of Flight 1651, said that a piece of string was the source of the jammed door. Delta has yet to confirm what made the door malfunction."

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

There was a Dutch aircraft and Air India in 2013.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Possible. What an incredible situation this is. If they ever piece the other recorder together with what was missing, perhaps data on that will be shown.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Maybe it was a lone terrorist....ISIS did make a call about a week ago for individuals to commit terrorist acts in the US and in Europe. That would explain why no one has come forward to claim responsibility.

link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks. Stuff to read and ponder.

link   
From Reuters:

The New York Times quoted a senior military official involved in the investigation as saying the cockpit audio showed "very smooth, very cool" conversation between the pilots in the early part of the flight. The audio then indicated one of the pilots left the cockpit.

"We don’t know yet the reason why one of the guys went out,” the official added. "But what is sure is that at the very end of the flight, the other pilot is alone and does not open the door."

uk.reuters.com...

Incapicitation ruled out as the other pilot should still have been able to enter via the emergency procedure.
edit on -180002015-03-25T22:50:16-05:000000001631201516032015Wed, 25 Mar 2015 22:50:16 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

But the code thing was the emergency procedure. Supposedly the only other entrance is out of the cockpit, bolted from entry into it.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

My understanding is there is a "Lock" function enabled from cockpit side that disables keypad for 20 minutes.

The function in video shows "Normal" function with 30 sec delay.

I'm thinking piloticide/terror action
edit on 25-3-2015 by Phoenix because: sp

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

But the code thing was the emergency procedure. Supposedly the only other entrance is out of the cockpit, bolted from entry into it.

I just think if it is terrorism, the nose would have been put down rather steeply.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

My understanding is there is a "Lock" function enabled from cockpit side that disables keypad for 20 minutes.

The function in video shows "Normal" function with 30 sec delay.

I'm thinking piloticide/terror action

The other side of that is, that the pilot felt insecure being alone in the cockpit, and locked it out awaiting the other pilots return. Then, of course, what happened to the pilot in the cockpit.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join