It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: jaffo

You think that you'd be able to keep your breathing perfectly calm just before you died? Even if you chose to die? You wouldn't have a single hiccup in your breathing?

No, I'm not saying that is the standard AT ALL. I'm saying that this has tied everything up with a huge red ribbon, tied in a pretty bow, and did it faster than ANY investigation in history. AND did it without the FDR, which for one of the incredibly few times in history, went missing.

Again, no one has closed the investigation. The evidence seems pretty clear here as to what happened. A conspiracy makes no sense. Just my opinion, I'll step back and let the baseless speculation continue, lol...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

They haven't closed it, but they sure aren't looking too hard in other directions either.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

The AoA sensors freeze during climb so that when the nose lowers at cruising altitude the aircraft initiates a nose low attitude, thinking that the aircraft is in a stall. It tries to recover, by dropping the nose to gain airspeed. Every time it's happened it happens when they lower the nose after reaching cruising altitude.

He had an eye issue. He chose to ignore doctors orders and keep working, instead of taking the time off to get it treated. You've never done that?

Sensors freezing does not explain physical twiddling of knobs setting the target altitude to under 100 ft (96 ft) on the computer in the cockpit.

Apparently this was set twice during this event, once to circa 13800 ft and then to under 100 ft. Why on earth would you set it to under 100 ft in the Alps of all places?

That is why there is voting systems, to vote out erroneous readings.

From an image I saw, there is two increment / decrement step settings, 100 and 1000 steps? perhaps it was set to 1000 instead of 100 stepping decrements?

edit on 1-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There is nothing that points to a problem with the aircraft, it was flying as it is supposed to do on course.
It started to descent after the altitude was changed from 38000ft to less than 100 ft.
And you'll know very well that if there would have been a problem, the mountain area is a 'no go' so a change in heading would have occurred to avoid that area.
Non of that in the last 8 minutes, no attempt to aviate and navigate since the aircraft was not out of control.
It stayed on course but simply descended into the mountains without any responce from the FO who had all the time to respond to the ATC and at least could have spoken to the PIC if the door indeed was jammed like you want to believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

The AoA sensors freeze during climb so that when the nose lowers at cruising altitude the aircraft initiates a nose low attitude, thinking that the aircraft is in a stall. It tries to recover, by dropping the nose to gain airspeed. Every time it's happened it happens when they lower the nose after reaching cruising altitude.

He had an eye issue. He chose to ignore doctors orders and keep working, instead of taking the time off to get it treated. You've never done that?

The doctors doing pilot medicals should report any findings to the airline, period.

Having an eye problem on the job is not usually a problem for most jobs, this is not "most jobs".

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

They haven't closed it, but they sure aren't looking too hard in other directions either.

Having heard the audio...why would they? Sorry, it's a fairly obvious question that had to be asked. Assume for one small moment that what has been released is real and is accurate. Why on Earth would you EVER think to waste time looking elsewhere? The guy changed course TWICE to set a heading that would deliberately fly the plane into the ground. He ignored ground control. He ignored the frantic pleas of the pilot to let him back in the cockpit. Then he flew the plane into the ground. His ex made it very clear that he was loopy and said something very foreboding about "doing something" that "people would remember" and that "was going to change things." Why would we look elsewhere? To waste time and satisfy the internet? Really?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Perhaps they should have THREE pilots on board, I remember there used to be a pilot, co-pilot and navigator.

I actually welcome the ability to remote control planes, with appropriate safety and control checks.

I know I would feel safer.

It was predicted that the new cockpit door safeties were dangerous, by other pilots. They said this scenario would happen, and it did.

www.theguardian.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The ability for ONE pilot to lock the door locking out the other pilot is ludicrous and over the top, as we see here.

Why don't they have a toilet INSIDE the cockpit? I know i know, saves costs, but not in this case.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

It wouldn't be the first time someone lied to an investigation. If they were trying to cover up a major issue with the plane, which Airbus HAS been having for years, then yes, they're going to get people to help cover it up.

There has been a problem with Airbus aircraft since 2008 that they've been trying to fix, that matches exactly what happened to this aircraft.

Can you link the sources with this information on the "major issues" Airbus are "covering up" since 2008 please. And if possible, can you match these sources with the exact events that happened to this aircraft, specifically this model.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I don't "want to believe".

Wow, who knew that stating that this investigation stinks on ATS would get so many people standing behind the OS. Heh.

I am simply stating my opinion, based on my experience, and from watching other investigations that this investigation was wrapped up way too neatly, and way too quickly.

But screw it, you guys are right, they'd NEVER lie to us about something like this, and try to cover things up. I mean, they never have in the past right?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Inevitably there is now a conspiracy in MSM due to the disregard of protocol and oddities of the investigation.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk... l1

Among those theories is the completely unfounded allegation Germanwings parent company Lufthansa manipulated the audio retrieved from the black box recorder to hide mechanical problems, making Lubitz, as Vocativ puts it, “the fall guy”.

Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin told a press conference the audio revealed the captain shouting to be allowed back into the cockpit, during which no words are uttered by Lubitz, who could simply be heard breathing "normally".

Vocativ adds: "Other commenters noted that only one of the two black boxes on the plane has been recovered, which they say is suspicious and is further evidence of a Lufthansa cover-up."

The Facebook group, which at time of publication had nearly 5,000 ‘likes’, also points the finger of blame at the media, stating: “We don’t believe the lying press, they are looking for a scapegoat to cover up the technical problems.”

One post said: "The lies of Germanwings - there were manipulations and an emergency call!" [There have been conflicting reports as to whether anyone on board made a distress call, with the French civil aviation authority claiming an emergency message was sent from air traffic controllers and not the plane.]

Another reads: "This is probably the reason you wont find the black box! It records all data and movements of the aircraft. It stores everything, every button is pressed in the cockpit or cabin, even the flush and the water flow of the toiler is stored.

"It's just ridiculous that they claim not to have found the black box. The black box has GPS - transmitter and an identifier for the location!"

Germany's Spiegel magazine has reported an incident from 2010, when two pilots nearly passed out as they landed in Cologne. The magazine said contaminated cabin air was suspected.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Breaking: There appears to be an intact cell phone found in the wreckage, with a video and sound of the last moments of the flight. I will try and find out more. Supposedly, it comes from ParisMatch..
edit on 1-4-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Breaking: There appears to be an intact cell phone found in the wreckage, with a video and sound of the last moments of the flight. I will try and find out more. Supposedly, it comes from ParisMatch..

Come on, man. You know "they" planted it there...

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Wow, who knew that stating that this investigation stinks on ATS would get so many people standing behind the OS. Heh.

Did seem sort of amazingly quick compared to the usual investigation. And how fortuitous everything was. Amazing.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It must have been a Nokia;

I am sure Apple iPhones wouldn't survive the impact.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

That claim is false according to the french authorities.

There was a little video online and shared but that was found to be a snippet from an event with American Airlines flight AA280.

I've had my previous Nokia for almost eight years, they are indestructable

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Breaking? Get with the program man. Yesterday's news, literally.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Breaking on the MSM , would not put it here unless it got that far.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Second black box found, Lubitz reportedly researched suicide, cockpit doors, and was taking anti depression medication.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Second black box found, Lubitz reportedly researched suicide, cockpit doors, and was taking anti depression medication.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Ding ding ding...we have a winner.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Yeah its really logical he would research the simple door locking system he would have been familiar with. All very convenient with a bow wrapped around it. Ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join