It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

They claimed to have found anti depressants in his apartment, but the hospital that he went to in February and on the 10th said he was NOT being treated for depression. They keep pushing the depression and his girlfriend supposedly saying that, and putting out information that doesn't make sense from a technical standpoint.

This entire story reeks. It's the fastest investigation I've ever seen, with nothing but the CVR.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I am way outside my expertise zone with emergency data recorders. Ask me something about Radar or Sonar, and I may be able to give it an educated response. However, I do know that any equipment such as this is most always MILSPEC, as far as the US goes. That would mean hardened against reasonable disaster. In the case of inser-able/plug-gable components, there would be some kind of steel retainer clip over such modules. So, either the entire part of this memory subsystem is torn away, or it seems there would be no way that the modules would be able to slip out of their retainers. Conjecture to the max, but disturbing.
edit on 28-3-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The recorders are designed to be nearly indestructible. That's one reason they switched to a solid state memory module. It survives better.

There have been a handful of units that were destroyed in the crash they were in, but that's rare when that happens. I think I've heard of two, maybe that the memory unit wasn't recovered but the box was found.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Something is wrong, that's for sure, plane even changed route the moment it took off. Short distance between 2 points etc,,,,?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: steaming

I've never seen an investigation that was as gift wrapped as this one has been, with almost no information from the aircraft.
edit on 3/28/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If any investigation could go either way, depending upon sufficient data, and, there is a corresponding financial situation that would be substantially significant, depending upon the result of such an investigation, little antenna come out of my ears.

One would wonder, in how many circumstances does this conflict of interest, determine what we (as the public) are told about the results of some very official investigations. Bothers me.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
duped post.
edit on 28-3-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

What Lubitz did doesn’t belong within a definition of depression

Of course it doesn't. He did not - whilst in an alleged depressive state - forget that he had 150 other people on the plane he was now "in charge of". Lubitz actions would seem to me to be the 'aerial' equivalent of a 'gun rampage', that its impulse lay within anger rather than depression?

I'm not talking about a person with explosive rage who requires anger management therapy, but the little guy in the background constantly having his efforts overlooked. His striving for excellence was not a striving for a sense of personal achievement, but to impress others and be rewarded and recognised for it. His depression would more than likely have arisen from the immense constant effort he was putting in to achieve the level of accomplishment he had set himself.

Psychologically, Lubitz held a narcissistic arrogance, one that enabled him to drop in an instance, the society of those whom he felt were worthless to his ambition. If Lubitz was anything, he was a sociopath (lacking empathy, and manipulating others as 'elements of use' for his ambition). His act of buying two Audis, one for himself and the other for his girlfriend, and then cancelling the one for his girlfriend, is an example of what I am trying to convey. By breaking the relationship she had with him, she effectively became worthless to him. Buying a car is not the way to win a heart back, but a sociopath would do so as an attempt to regain control of a relationship, by attempting to appeal to crass material instincts. I think the car buying was just a ruse, something he could use to say to his ex-girlfriend..."Look at what I did, look at how much I love you?"

On the plane, the captain excused himself to leave the cockpit with the words..."You are in charge." These words are (I feel) the trigger that inflated Lubitz's sense of self-importance, and it was a 'control' he had no intention of relinquishing. Once the captain was out the cockpit, Lubitz locked the door to maintain control, and then set the dials of the plane to express the level of control he now had in his hands. Every single person on that plane became nothing more than an element of Lubitz's ambition to 'change the system and be known'.

In Lubitz's mind, we as witnesses to the aftermath, are meant to view him not as a depressive, but as a martyr, along with the passengers. Whatever it was he wanted to change in the system, is the key to why he auto-piloted the plane into the mountain-side. He was handed the opportunity to express himself on a plate...and he took it!

Comment I made to The Observer.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

It's a hoax, all of it, from top to bottom

nodisinfo.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mclinking

Um no. It really crashed into the mountain. Just not for the reasons stated IMO.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Are you a witness? You were there, were you?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: mclinking

You saw them planting evidence? You know exactly what happened? And exactly what a plane crash in the mountains looks like?

I can play this game too.

Once again people that don't know crap about aircraft are trying to prove a hoax and showing they don't have a damn clue what they're taking about.
edit on 3/29/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
From the above nodisinfo link:

Regarding the purported Germanwings crash of an Airbus 340 no sense can be made of it

Of course not, it was a 320

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ivar_Karlsen

I liked the part about the nearly indestructible titanium engines.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sky News is now reporting that the captain was trying to smash the door in with an axe...

1) How can they really know?
2) Isn't the axe kept on the flight deck?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There are several ski lodges in the vicinity of the plane crash and although March is nearing the end of the ski season one would think at least a little snow would be visible in the images of the crash site. Also, one would think the impact of a plane hitting the side of a mountain would create an avalanche covering the debri or at least filling the ravine.

Here are numerous live webcams located in the Digne region all showing a lot of snow.

Also, I agree the debri field looks like a landfill. Is it possible the locals dump their trash in nearby ravines? That would account for the lack of snow because logically the landfill ravine would be located at a lower elevation than where the plane purportedly crashed.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hurdygurdy

Unless one of those shows a lot of snow on the mountain around where it crashed there's no reason to think that it should have wound up covered.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Is it my imagination or is the thread starting to become contaminated with the 'anything that happens outside of Mom's basement is fake' types...?

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

That was reported in UK msm a few days ago, then they retracted it and said he didn't now they are saying according to German MSM he did.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Urgh the media are an absolute joke with anything, I think they're responsible for (usually indirectly) starting most of the conspiracy ideas thanks to they're sloppy reporting.
It's just important that half the time they know absolute jack and they just use any rumours, speculation or 'inside info' from the person that mops the floors to just try and keep a story rolling and hope that they're first with something important.
These days I swear they get their 'news' by scouring Twitter and just writing whatever is on there without fact checking. In fact I've seen them blatantly do this a few times.
It's annoying when you or something you're responsible for are the news as well, then people start saying you're lying or going back on something when you're not, all because some dumb 'reporter' didn't fact check or frankly made something up.
Average Joe doesn't seem to realise that Twitter/Internet rumours and what the press write aren't the official word, nor do they often have any reality behind them. If it's not in a press conference/release then it's not official!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join