It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Germanwings Pilot Was Locked Out of Cockpit Before Crash in France

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

My theory is that planes crash for perfectly ordinary reasons. And I'll put 30 years of ramp experience up against you and your EMP theory any day you want.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

There is also the matter of the autopilot to 100ft, how do they know it was Lubitz, the pilot could have injected him, set the autopilot button, went to the bathroom then came back and pretended being locked out.

If the FDR hasn't yet been recovered, the door locking is speculative as is the exact timing of the autopilot button.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ownbestenemy

Given the context of that portion of the article, which the subjects are the pilots, not necessarily the crash or the aircraft, they write to that and report to the relevant facts.

It could have been the response to a question like "Could you hear the pilot? Was he talking?" Answer to that is "we can only hear him breath and the muffled sound of the pilot banging on the door..."

Until transcripts of the CVR are released we could assume many things and I would bet a shiny new nickel that not only access alarms, but low altitude, over speed, terrain, etc were sounding.

As I stated in my post, in regard to other VERY SIGNIFICANT sounds emanating from the cockpit, and I quote "Yet no mention of this?"

As as far as it " could have been the response to a question" that is my ultimate point, they aren't asking the most OBVIOUS questions, or for that matter publicizing at least some of the most relevant information.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

There is also the matter of the autopilot to 100ft, how do they know it was Lubitz, the pilot could have injected him, set the autopilot button, went to the bathroom then came back and pretended being locked out.

If the FDR hasn't yet been recovered, the door locking is speculative as is the exact timing of the autopilot button.

Injected him then gone away and pretended to be locked out? Why? Why not just inject him then crash the plane? It's not as if he's going to survive the crash and then be at risk of incrimination. Pretty illogical.

The timing of the door locking and autopilot is conceivable because the buttons are both immediately reachable.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Just pointing out flaws in potentially speculative scenarios.

If the pilot did it that he was his family would have avoided association and also if he hated the co pilot it would be shaming him.

I know it is unlikely but in investigative circumstances flaws and holes should be sought and filled with truths instead of speculation.

The FDR hasn't been found so how do they even know if the door was locked when there isn't mention of door alarms etc.

Speculative timings aren't conclusive evidence.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: neoholographic

Well because it wasn't an accident. When you make a door no one can break into to protect from terrorists this type of thing can happen. Every action has unintended consequences. Now we know the people were aware of what was going on for several minutes. This makes the whole thing much worse imho. Captain goes to take a leak or whatever and the co pilot puts it in a shallow dive so he won't notice. Locks the door. That is some cold blooded # my friend. Absolutely frightening.

V

stop making stupid assumptions from almost no info

I'm still waiting on the apology ziplock9000

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Has any one visiting the site actually flown or worked on the systems of this model of Airbus aircraft? Their input would be interesting.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Recent updates.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation

Airbus crash pilot Andreas Lubitz had been planning a spectacular gesture to make everyone "remember" who he was, it was claimed on Friday night.

An ex-girlfriend of the Germanwings pilot who crashed his plane in the French Alps, killing all 149 others on board, described him as "tormented" and able to hide secrets.

Maria, 26 (not her real name), told Bild newspaper that when she heard about the crash she remembered that he had said he was going do something "that would change the system" and "make everyone remember" him.

edit on Fri Mar 27 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed very long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: voided
He really was savouring the moment wasn't he? It's that classic "Soon the whole world will know my name" scenario

What did I tell ya?

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: voided

said on my local news that they found a note from his dr saying he shouldn't be flying planes., crumpled up in his residence.

apparently the captain grabbed the axe and tried to get in that way,but, they showed how the axe will not work, not even a gun, to protect against terrorists from getting in the cockpit

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

They said it was an eye condition. He was supposed to be out of work for a few days while being treated.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaph and/or all.. Do you you know the specific model of the data recorder that would have been installed on this aircraft?
Did it use flash memory sockets? or was the memory self contained in an add-on module? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

thanks zap, I see you had the specifics on that,that is a bit different, I have been in these several threads about the plane crash and I must have missed that extra part.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

The hospital confirmed he was not being treated for depression, but wouldn't say what he was seen for. Investigators are saying it might have been psychosomatic, but I barely trust them to say the sun is coming up tomorrow at this point.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Most likely the Sundstrand UFDR with a solid state memory module.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Apparently the FDR unit was reported as found but the card inside ''missing'', the CVR is found, so that suggests it is not the new combined model but the older and presumably non ejectable model. The FDR was then reported as not being yet found.
edit on 28-3-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thanks Zaphod and Theabsolutetruth.

This is basically what I was getting at. This seems to be the memory technology. My question, as well as I am sure others, is how easy would this be to remove from the recorder housing, and how much time would it require, if the main chassis were to be discovered? Said previously, no stone uncovered, and it still astounds me I was thinking about it because it seems so devious.

innovative SATADIMMTM, an SSD in the form of a DIMM. Utilizing Viking Technology’s state-of-the-art design and packaging technology, the SATADIMM is able to deliver all the performance, capacity and features of an Enterprise SSD within 75% the footprint of d to a traditional 2.5-inch SSD. With its innovative form factor, the SATADIMM is capable of enabling a single server to deliver the performance of a full Rack within a single Rack Unit (1U).

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Not long with the right tools. And if the case was as badly damaged as they said then even less time.
edit on 3/28/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

The was / wasn't found is suspicious and even more suspicious is the reports of the memory card being ''missing'', there is a lot of insulation etc and it seeing as the CVR wasn't obliterated, the FDR should be findable and with memory card intact.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

here is an article from the new york news..www.nydailynews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join