It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now for something you might enjoy: Bald Eagles Hatching on Webcam.

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This fascinating YouTube video was just uploaded today, taken from a Pennsylvania Game Commission HD webcam. You can watch the live feed here: www.portal.state.pa.us

Here's the YouTube of the hatching, and follow-up care…

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
I have been watching this pair for a few weeks now.
People have been worried that the one egg wouldn't hatch, as the father is a newbie and was neglecting his sitting duties after the first egg was laid.
Last week was interesting when momma was covered , except for her head, by snow.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
This fascinating YouTube video was just uploaded today, taken from a Pennsylvania Game Commission HD webcam. You can watch the live feed here: www.portal.state.pa.us

Here's the YouTube of the hatching, and follow-up care…

I wonder if the filmakers of 'Predator' got the idea for his helmet from the Bald Eagles head?
Interesting film though, the chicks get their first hot meal!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That's really cool! I love eagles.
That reminds me of a building I had to clean. They were reintroducing falcons into the city. Since the building was the tallest one there they put nesting boxes on top, along with cameras so people could watch them. I watched the monitor every chance I got. Feeding time was interesting. Sometimes they brought cats and rabbits back to the nest. I hated seeing the cats eaten but oh well. Nature and all.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

picture from that site above.

It will be cool to watch them grow up over the next several months.

Better than reality tv.

beautiful bird.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Awesome news, not too much good news these days I'm afraid. I still think our Wedge Tailed Eagle is a nice looking bird though.

www.survival.org.au...

edit on 25-3-2015 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Awsome. Would make a great screen saver feed.

Too bad I missed the hatchlings.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Nice colors. That's one streamlined bird for sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I saw my first ever Bald Eagle yesterday while driving (I live in Hanover, New Hampshire) - there were 3 or 4 crows or some other sort of large-ish black birds kind of swarming it but the eagle dwarfed these things and could've easily had a 3.5-4 foot wingspan, maybe bigger.

I was just amazed at its size and how majestic it was. All these scavenger birds circling and trying to peck at it but it just made some powerful wing thrusts and ascended higher. Absolutely stunning animal

new topics

top topics

join