It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Won't Be Voting for Elizabeth Warren

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: butcherguy

If you're gonna whine about a piddly lie from a Democrat, and then turn around and vote for a Republican, then you're a hypocrite. So vote for a third party or don't vote at all. That's my two cents.

👣

How do you presume to know who I vote for?

I don't. That's why I used the word -if-.

So, who ya gonna vote for.

👣

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I hope Metallicus tells us who he's voting for, whoever it is I'm sure we can come up with a laundry list of reasons why that candidate is not worth voting for.

Right now I am leaning towards Gary Johnson. He is pro-Everything (Abortion, Gay Marriage, Second Amendment, etc) and Anti-War. I vote for pro-freedom, anti-war. Who do you like? Anti-freedom, pro-war?

Note, I didn't have to respond, but I have special feelings for you.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

How can you though?

Like... ewww

Are you kidding you should listen to him rant about the GOP for the last eight months it's been fantastic him in the rest of the guys though they still have strong conservative views have really started leaning independent…… They now don't think Ron Paul was so crazy about his isolationist viewpoint lol

I listen the back for about the last 15 years he's gone from hard-line republican to a much more independent stance

He's not for everyone but I do recommend listening to a few shows. A lot has changed.

But again he's not for everyone!

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: muse7
I hope Metallicus tells us who he's voting for, whoever it is I'm sure we can come up with a laundry list of reasons why that candidate is not worth voting for.

Right now I am leaning towards Gary Johnson. He is pro-Everything (Abortion, Gay Marriage, Second Amendment, etc) and Anti-War. I vote for pro-freedom, anti-war. Who do you like? Anti-freedom, pro-war?

Note, I didn't have to respond, but I have special feelings for you.

We agree on something!

I know Gov. Gary and worked on his campaign last go round. He is the real deal. I didn't like Johnson when he was the NM governor but now that he's a stoner he won't tolerate the BS and corruption. An honest man in politics is hard to find and Gov. Gary has honor and integrity.
edit on 25-3-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Abortion= I don't agree w it but right to choose
Gay marriage= why the hell is the gov involved in marriage anyway. Get them out
Second amendment= damn right
War=stay the hell out unless it threatens us or our sovereign allies or there are serious humanitarian issues

edit on 3/25/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Metallicus

Abortion= I don't agree w it but right to choose
Gay marriage= why the hell is the gov involved in marriage anyway. Get them out
Second amendment= damn right
War=stay the hell out unless it threatens us or our sovereign allies or there are serious humanitarian issues

I can go with most of that except with abortion. I think you've made your choice the moment you agree to have sex. I think there should almost be a disclaimer you sign that says something to effect of "I realize the act I am about to partake in may result in the formation of another living human being and agree to take full responsibility for said life up to and including discharging my parental responsibilities in full either through direct parenting or rendering said child up for adoption."

Maybe if you had to sign off on that in a full, legal contract every time some people might be less likely to get into trouble in the first place.

In other words, I don't think it's just your choice at a certain point.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If you're gonna whine about a piddly lie from a Democrat, and then turn around and vote for a Republican, then you're a hypocrite. So vote for a third party or don't vote at all. That's my two cents.

👣

How do you presume to know who I vote for?

I don't. That's why I used the word -if-.

So, who ya gonna vote for.

👣

I will probably vote for one that will be on the ballot (that includes write-ins).
You know the ballot?
The secret ballot.
That's how we roll here in America. Revealing your vote defeats the secret part.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Actually, I liked/noticed Warren way back because she pushed through that credit protection act ten years ago... that was the only piece of legislation made to help the average citizen in this country in that era... the only one.

She's smart, seems to have a heart and a sense of fairness... and talks about financial crime and privacy... two issues that need a whole lot of discussion... who knows if she'll be a good candidate... the better the person, the worse the candidate, usually, because of laundry lists like the OP has.

I could overlook some disagreements with a candidate if they were basically decent and seemed like they'd make a good leader... extremists won't even consider supporting anyone if they differ on even one point.

Knee jerk extremists seem louder than usual, lately...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't support abortion, but I do support a woman's right to choose. There are people that won't support guns, but hopefully they will not meddle in my right to own and use one without infringement.

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I would never vote for an american Indian with blond hair and blue eyes...

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

FAUXcahontas ?

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
eh, skip the formalities, smoke screens, lying and hand wringing, and just vote queen elizabeth of england as our next president. she is anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

👣

It's not so piddly when there are so very many doors in society it opens for you as opposed to just being a somewhat baby faced white woman.

Let's get real. Who has more resume and staff value at a prestigious institution like Harvard - the white women or the woman with Native American heritage. Which one is likely going to get a better look-see when it come hiring time?

No one says it openly, but we all know it happens.

It is piddly, compared to the deadly and expensive lies and denials of Republicans. It's just one lie after another.

👣

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

👣

It's not so piddly when there are so very many doors in society it opens for you as opposed to just being a somewhat baby faced white woman.

Let's get real. Who has more resume and staff value at a prestigious institution like Harvard - the white women or the woman with Native American heritage. Which one is likely going to get a better look-see when it come hiring time?

No one says it openly, but we all know it happens.

It is piddly, compared to the deadly and expensive lies and denials of Republicans. It's just one lie after another.

👣

Both parties lie and screw us something royal.

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

Many self labelled 'reasonable' people have learned to just leave the braying GOP cheerleaders alone as it's futile and that team takes great glee in acting unreasonable to get a rise out of oh-so-reasonable, overly earnest progressive types... the righties deal in stereotypes and the camaraderie of ridicule (as do we all at times). I picture them as taunting the folks in lifeboats from the stern of the Titanic.

So we weird progressive utopians (if I may include you in a not-too-thought-out label) usually complain, instead, about the little foibles of the Dems because everyone with a brain already knows the GOP is hypocritical, dumb as dirt and irredeemable at this point...

Obviously you missed the memo?

Oh, and us weirdos, in my above Titanic scenario, are dead in the water because we thought it out already and just jumped in and sank... heh...

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

No I got the memo. Usually I leave them alone with their Kool-aid. Just a little bored. 😝

👣

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Why I will be voting for Elizabeth Warren (if she runs):

Supports public abortion funding. (Oct 2012)
Supports churches providing birth control. (Oct 2012)
Opposes a constitutional BBA. (Oct 2012)
Opposes the outright legalization of marijuana. (Apr 2012)
Lead the world in using green technology. (Sep 2011)
Supports gun control. (Aug 2011)
Extend the federal assault weapons ban. (Jul 2012)
Supports restricting the Second Amendment. (Oct 2012)
Voted YES on banning high-capacity magazines of over 10 bullets. (Apr 2013)
Supports the President's Affordable Care Act. (Mar 2012)
Opposes repealing ObamaCare. (Oct 2012)
Not a good idea to strip terrorists of citizenship. (Oct 2011)
Strongly supports the DREAM Act. (Oct 2012)
Support the DREAM Act: Let kids stay. (Jun 2012)
Opposes "Secure Communities" immigration enforcement program. (Dec 2011)
Say the word long and loud: "Union!". (Apr 2014)
Social Contract: Americans don't become wealthy in isolation. (Sep 2011)
Make it easier for workers who want to organize. (Sep 2011)
Raise the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour by 2016. (Jan 2014)
Created intellectual foundation for Occupy Wall Street. (Oct 2011)
Rated 0% by the AU, indicating support of separation of church & state. (Jan 2013)
Opposes investing part of your payroll tax. (Oct 2012)
Supports increasing tax rates. (Oct 2012)
Voted YES on authorizing states to collect Internet sales taxes. (May 2013)

Political Philosophy: Elizabeth Warren is a Hard-Core Liberal (per OnTheIssues.org)

She's not running though. She's said so numerous times. If she was, I'd vote and campaign for her for all the reasons listed above.

posted on Mar, 29 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Even if she did run, she'd lose.

take away my guns and weed ? you must be crazy!!

edit on 29-3-2015 by TheUntoldStory because: proofread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join